Non-motoring > Gentlemen? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 7

Gentlemen? - Roger.
More Daily Mail stuff from The Telegraph!

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11958899/Revealed-The-39-steps-to-being-a-modern-gentleman.html
 Gentlemen? - Armel Coussine
>> The-39-steps-to-being-a-modern-gentleman.html

There aren't any rules except the obvious ones (don't be rude, etc.). It isn't a particularly modern thing to be, and actually means different things to different people.

You just know one when you meet one, or I do anyway. I'm one myself. With two others, due for an annual steak-and-kidney pie lunch in a pub near London Bridge next week or so. The waitresses were very sweet to us because we were twice the age of the m**************s etc. who go there for lunch. And because we were nice to them, of course.

(Sorry, and damn the swear filter. 'Financial executives' perhaps).
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 28 Oct 15 at 13:26
 Gentlemen? - Cliff Pope
>> >> And because we
>> were nice to them, of course.
>>

You remind me of the story of the four men who meet up annually, with progressively advancing reasons down the years for meeting where they do.
It begins because they like the waitresses, and ends because they can get a table close to the loo.
I haven't a link, but I'm sure you know the story. I might have seen it on here - probably did but have forgotten, as you would say :)
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Wed 28 Oct 15 at 14:09
 Gentlemen? - neiltoo
MEMORIES

A group of 40 year-old buddies discuss where they should meet for dinner to celebrate.

Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the White Hart Inn restaurant because the waitresses there have low cut blouses and nice breasts.

10 years later, at 50 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the White Hart Inn because the food there is very good and the wine selection is most excellent.

10 years later at 60 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the White Hart Inn because they can eat there in peace and quiet and the restaurant is smoke free.

10 years later, at 70 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the White Hart Inn because the restaurant is wheel chair accessible and they even have a lift.

10 years later, at 80 years of age, the group meets again and once again they discuss and discuss where they should meet. Finally it is agreed upon that they should meet at the White Hart Inn because that would be a great idea because they have never been there before.
 Gentlemen? - Cliff Pope
>> MEMORIES
>>
>> . Finally it is agreed upon that they
>> should meet at the White Hart Inn because that would be a great idea because
>> they have never been there before.
>>
>>

Thanks Neil. I'd forgotten the real punchline :)
 Gentlemen? - No FM2R
I have a couple of annual lunch engagements.

Dunno about yours, but mine are with people I barely see otherwise. I do enjoy them very much.
 Gentlemen? - Bobby
My new News App on my iphone has feeds from The Sun on it that don't have a paywall.
 Gentlemen? - Duncan
>> My new News App on my iphone has feeds from The Sun on it that
>> don't have a paywall.
>>

No. You should have turned left at the T junction just back there!

(i.e. wrong thread)
Latest Forum Posts