Non-motoring > Shaver spares Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 16

Shaver spares - Ambo
Can anyone recommend a good supplier for foils and cutter bars please?

Also, is there a suggested ratio such as two foils to one cutter bar etc?

I've straight bar Braun (dry) and Panasonic (wet and dry) models. The Philips Aquatouch has been recommended on this forum but that is circular. What are the advantages?

In hoping you are having the same beautiful day as here in Poole.
 Shaver spares - Bromptonaut
When I've needed stuf Boots has usually come up with it.
 Shaver spares - Dog
>>Can anyone recommend a good supplier for foils and cutter bars please?

Amazon.

Bude-iful day here too in Sunni Cornwall.
 Shaver spares - madf
Try ebay - usually lots there. I usually try them and Amazon for bits...and then a quick Google as well if savings to be had.

Even Stoke on Trent is sunny, if a little frosty at 7.45am over the Moorlands when younger son and I walked
 Shaver spares - WillDeBeest
Old fashioned barbers often do shaver spares and repairs too; there's one such near where I work and another near my previous home.

Gorgeous - if chilly - in Southox too. Yesterday's rain meant the bikes - and we - needed a good clean when we got back but that's a small price to pay.
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Sun 25 Oct 15 at 13:15
 Shaver spares - Zero
Advantages of philips rotary shavers? in my mind a much better cut with less effort. Disadvantages? the price of spare round foils and cutters is something a highwayman would be proud of, sometimes cheaper to buy a new shaver on special offer.

Dry Sunny but a little chilly here in Northsur, dog been out for a walk, but I am now fitting a new bog and sink and renovating the bathroom.
 Shaver spares - bathtub tom
I bought a Philips rotary after advice from here, big mistake. It's a much slower shave and doesn't shave as close as my old foil shaver.

I'm back to a Braun.
 Shaver spares - Clk Sec
I had a Philips rotary but couldn't get on with it and replaced it with a Remington. I much prefer a proper shave, so only use the electrics when I'm feeling lazy or away on holiday.
 Shaver spares - Alastairw
Electric shave is only useful for a tidy up before an evening out imo. Only a wet razor does a proper job.
 Shaver spares - Focusless
>> I bought a Philips rotary after advice from here

Not me! :)
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=17904&m=395573
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 25 Oct 15 at 15:40
 Shaver spares - No FM2R
I really dislike close shaves. I'd have a beard and avoid shaving altogether, but I hate beards slightly more than I hate shaving.

Rough cut, s'wot I go for.

26 degrees and sunny here, still got snow on the mountains as its only spring.
 Shaver spares - WillDeBeest
S'funny, 'cos if it's my neck on a hot day, nothing itches like a rough shave; nice and close and there's nothing to itch. Blade and tea tree gel every time for me.
 Shaver spares - No FM2R
I think one of my difficulties is that I have never got used to shaving. Nor have I ever had a beard.

When I was young I used to let it grow to stubble, and then use a trimmer on its lowest setting. And I've pretty much done that ever since.

I know I shaved on my wedding day, and I know it stung like hell with a rash the next day.

I went through a phase of getting a cut throat shave in Mayfair on my way to work, but even that became an irritation.

So, a rough shave with a trimmer, barely any stubble, no rash, no irritation and it doesn't matter if I miss the odd day here or there.

Shaver spares - Zero
I currently have three days of designer stubble, but it varies enormously from a 10 day semi beard to a 5 day trimmed shadow to a close up down and sideways wet shave. Depends on whats happening, how I feel and where I am going. Never get a rash, but shaving that 10 day beard is a bit "hair grabby"
 Shaver spares - Bill Payer
>> Can anyone recommend a good supplier for foils and cutter bars please?
>>

I've used this place multiple times: www.shavers.co.uk

I usually grab a cutter and foil for my Braun shaver when they email a 20% sale offer. Had a sort out of my drawer in the summer and found 3 packs of them. Doh!
 Shaver spares - Armel Coussine
There's no solution. Every level of shavenness/unshavenness has its own discomforts and diseases.

I forget what the curse of Eve was, but the curse of Adam was certainly the filthy, insanitary beard. Malevolent sod that God.
 Shaver spares - VxFan
>> I've used this place multiple times: www.shavers.co.uk

+1

And also from abtecparts.co.uk
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 25 Oct 15 at 19:51
Latest Forum Posts