Non-motoring > Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" Legal Questions
Thread Author: Duncan Replies: 31

Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Duncan
Paula Radcliffe has appeared on TV again to say that she is not and has not used drugs to enhance her performance.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34204775

Why is she doing this? Is the poor deluded woman desperate for more publicity?

Otherwise, why would she do it?
Last edited by: Duncan on Thu 10 Sep 15 at 16:07
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Focusless
>> poor deluded woman

?

>> Otherwise, why would she do it?

According to report:

1. ' she has been implicated by a parliamentary hearing on blood doping'
2. Others have released their blood test results.

So I guess she feels she has to explain why she hasn't released her results?
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Manatee
It seems to be adequately explained in your link Duncan.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Duncan
Extract from BBC news item:-

" Jesse Norman MP, who suggested London Marathon winners and medallists and "potentially British athletes" were under suspicion".

I don't think she has been bullied and virtually abused.

Histrionics is one thing she is guilty of. Did I mention that I don't like her style, or anything about her?
>> I don't think she has been bullied and virtually abused.

Perhaps that's at least partly in social media which we can't see?

>> Did I mention that I don't like her style, or anything about her?

Ah, it's becoming clearer now :)
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - No FM2R
>>Did I mention that I don't like her style, or anything about her?

Me neither.

Didn't know she evoked that sort of response. By 'style', do you mean the way she runs (which is a bit wobbly), or in a more general sense? Can you say what it is that you don't like? Just curious.

I used to run half marathons fairly regularly and definitely respect her sub-66 minute best. From what I've seen/heard of her, mostly commentating on BBC athletics programmes, I thought she seemed ok. Prefer Jo Pavey though :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 10 Sep 15 at 17:10
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Zero
methinks she is starting to protest too much. Specially as she hasn't been named or implicated.
>>methinks she is starting to protest too much

Me too.

But I'm not sure that's because she is guilty of taking drugs or its just her attention seeking behaviour.
>> >>methinks she is starting to protest too much
>>
>> Me too.
>>
>> But I'm not sure that's because she is guilty of taking drugs or its just
>> her attention seeking behaviour.

Either way, her agent needs to" 'ave a word in 'er shell like. "
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - madf
I used to run half marathons - not very fast (90mins)..
But long distance runners tend to get quite fixated on running... and the implications were there..

But she needs a PR advisor..
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Stuartli
>>Specially as she hasn't been named or implicated. >>

Wasn't she implicated (quite incorrectly) during a Parliamentary committee inquiry by someone hiding behind Parliamentary privilege?

Sky News has certainly made it clear this afternoon that any so called evidence it has been shown substantiates her claim that she is very much clean - I would never have any doubts about her honesty or her ability.
>> >>Specially as she hasn't been named or implicated. >>
>>
>> Wasn't she implicated (quite incorrectly) during a Parliamentary committee inquiry by someone hiding behind Parliamentary
>> privilege?

No.

Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - smokie
Think she was but could have been unintentional. www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34190297
>> Think she was but could have been unintentional. www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/34190297

She wasn't, but she has made sure she is now.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Ted

Bit scrawny for my taste....not that I'm ever likely to.........
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Westpig
>>
>> Bit scrawny for my taste....not that I'm ever likely to.........
>>

Her taking a dump in the street during the London Marathon, whilst being filmed on t.v. and right in front of spectators... put me off.

I know top sportsmen/women are a selfish, dedicated crew... but that goes over the top IMO.
>>No>>

Seems my fleeting glimpse of the Sky News coverage was correct:

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/athletics/11851409/Paula-Radcliffe-insists-she-is-not-guilty-of-doping.html
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Mr. Ecs
Funny how she never won any Olympic medals during four Olympic Games, yet won numerous marathons that had big figure prizes. Is Olympic drugs testing stringent?
>> >>No>>
>>
>> Seems my fleeting glimpse of the Sky News coverage was correct:

No it wasn't. She wasn't named therefore he didn't have to hide behind parliamentary privilege.

>>No it wasn't. She wasn't named therefore he didn't have to hide behind parliamentary privilege. >>

So sheer coincidence every man and his dog knew the athlete involved.........?
I genuinely didn't realise that anyone was pointing a finger at her until she publicly denied it.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - smokie
I genuinely don't think the guy meant to, it was just the combo of possibilities he called out and she was one of the few (maybe the only) one who fitted the bill.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Robin O'Reliant
Thanks in the mainly (But not exclusively) to Lance Armstrong every athlete who now reaches the top of his or her sport is forced to deny doping, and in the case of Chris Froome in this years Tour de France suffer cups of urine thrown over them and being spat at. I haven't really taken much notice of the Radcliffe story, but from what I understand it was stated that several marathon winners were thought to have doped in recent years and her being one of those winners I can understand her reacting. It would probably have been better to have said nothing, even though you're damned if you deny and damned if you don't.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Armel Coussine
When athletes like Paula Radcliffe and Chris Froome have been given objective dope tests, and come up more or less 'clean', they don't need to protest their innocence. Indeed it smacks of protesting too much, and raises an element of suspicion.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Robin O'Reliant
>> When athletes like Paula Radcliffe and Chris Froome have been given objective dope tests, and
>> come up more or less 'clean', they don't need to protest their innocence. Indeed it
>> smacks of protesting too much, and raises an element of suspicion.
>>

In the case of Froome he had to deny it because that was the first question he was asked at the end of every stage.
Last edited by: Robin O'Reliant on Fri 11 Sep 15 at 19:37
>> Thanks in the mainly (But not exclusively) to Lance Armstrong every athlete who now reaches
>> the top of his or her sport is forced to deny doping,

Chris Froome kept it low key, and released data to support his performances.

Lance Armstrong vehemently kept on denying it, utilising lawyers, law suits and gaging orders. And was dirty.

Paula is vehemently denying it......

>> >>No it wasn't. She wasn't named therefore he didn't have to hide behind parliamentary privilege.
>> >>
>>
>> So sheer coincidence every man and his dog knew the athlete involved.........?

Apart from her suspect tests being leaked in the Sunday Times, you mean?
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Slidingpillar
On the whole, there are two ways to deal with an unwanted accusation in the media.

1/ Ignore it. Say absolutely nothing and they will go away, if for no other reason than they have nothing new to print and will get bored and go away.

2/ Deny it. Press thinks there must be something in it and is now like a rottweiler with a ball.

So by choosing option 2, the press will go into the gutters and drag out anything they can find - or even in the case of some tabloids, invent it. Even if she is as pure as the driven snow, option 2 was bad choice - badly advised and all that.
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - Fursty Ferret
SQ 4 LB

>> Me neither.

Yeah, but she's a glowing tribute to everyone who's shat themselves at work.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 12 Sep 15 at 04:39
 Paula Radcliffe Says "I'm Clean" - bathtub tom
>> Yeah, but she's a glowing tribute to everyone who's shat themselves at work.

Not a good landing, was it? At least you walked away.
tinyurl.com/pcd7tfc

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/athletics/lord-coe-defends-paula-radcliffe-6422724

Very easy to cast aspersions against someone, but somewhat more difficult to substantiate them without absolute, foolproof evidence.

Latest Forum Posts