Non-motoring > Kids Company Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 31

Kids Company - legacylad
Looks like it's curtains for Camilla Batman
 Kids Company - Manatee
Now there's an example of a post where an accompanying picture would have improved the joke immeasurably!
 Kids Company - Duncan
Last edited by: Duncan on Thu 6 Aug 15 at 11:42
 Kids Company - sooty123
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camila_Batmanghelidjh

For anyone else that's never heard of her.
 Kids Company - Ambo
>>Looks like it's curtains for Camilla Batman

That's her, all over.
 Kids Company - Dutchie
I have seen her a few times on the Television looks a sincere lady to me.

She had a intervieuw the other night on BBC2 where the intervieuwer didn't let her finish the questions she was asked.

What has gone on here and why did she shut Kids Company down.More to this than meets the eye did she upset a few officals?
 Kids Company - CGNorwich
I rather suspect that whilst her intentions were good her ability to manage a large organisation spending millions of pounds of public money were not. Unfortunately her ego rather got in the way for putting in some competent management as she was not prepared to concede control to anyone else.
 Kids Company - Roger.
O'er weening ambition which overstrips itself........................

She comes from a wealthy family and attended, according to reports, a prestigious UK school.

Anyone who dresses as this lady does must have deep insecurities (related to her size?) which are shouting "Look at me, I'm special "

(Rather similar to those sporting voluminous piercings and tattoos)
Last edited by: Roger. on Fri 7 Aug 15 at 10:43
 Kids Company - CGNorwich
Yes beware of flashy dressers with large egos who attended expensive schools Roger. Not to be trusted.

Kids Company - Robin O'Reliant
Not surprising it went bust, for the reasons GC said above -

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/11788923/Kids-Company-boss-Camila-Batmanghelidjh-turned-HQ-into-private-Aladdins-den.html

Kids Company - Cliff Pope
>> Yes beware of flashy dressers with large egos who attended expensive schools Roger. Not to
>> be trusted.

I just distrust people who dress like fortune tellers. Very clever, but there's a trick somewhere.
 Kids Company - sherlock47
From Wikipedia

In 1974 her family emigrated to the United Kingdom, and she attended Sherborne Girls, a fee-paying boarding school in Dorset.[2] She attended the University of Warwick, graduating with a first-class degree in Theatre and Dramatic Arts, before training as a psychotherapist at Regent's University London.[3]

- sounds like an ideal background for somebody who founds a an ego led personality cult.
 Kids Company - Haywain
"Yes beware of flashy dressers with large egos "

Wise words indeed from the bucolic one; I never took to Savile J either.
 Kids Company - CGNorwich
He never attended an expensive school though.
 Kids Company - Haywain
"He never attended an expensive school though."

I've no idea where he went to school, but the giveaway was the flashy shell-suit and the eeeeeeego! Oh, and the, ahem, 'charisma'!
 Kids Company - CGNorwich
This was the chap I had in mind

tinyurl.com/qf55x4q
 Kids Company - sooty123
Reading that link, CGN I don't think it's a faux pas. Some people can carry the yellow/red coduroy trousers off, he's one of them.
 Kids Company - Haywain
I wish I could get away with yellow trousers, but I fear that my wife would disown me. My mate sometimes wears red corduroys for jazz club, though he's past caring. I always imagine AC wears bright corduroys - am I right?
Last edited by: Haywain on Fri 7 Aug 15 at 21:42
 Kids Company - Armel Coussine
>> I always imagine AC wears bright corduroys - am I right?

No you aren't. Very far from it in fact. My strides are soberly coloured and a tiny bit tatty.

Really Haywain! Tsk.
 Kids Company - Haywain
"My strides are soberly coloured "

To be honest, I'm a bit disappointed - a jazz-gent like you. Sober corduroy or moleskin?
 Kids Company - sooty123
I always imagine AC wears bright corduroys - am I right?
>>

I think you have to be a bit of a country gent to pull off those sorts of clothes.
 Kids Company - Zero
I went to Burleigh horse hound and game fair once. . I had the defacto black lab at my side, but felt distinctly underdressed as I was not wearing my burnt orange tweed plus fours and jacket.
 Kids Company - sooty123
I went this year to the show at Burleigh. Really enjoyed it, never worn any of the plus four type of stuff though. Not my thing, never felt out of place though.
 Kids Company - legacylad
When plus fours are mentioned I always think of Auric Goldfinger playing golf with James Bond. See PFs around Settle during the shooting season. Plenty of the older 'gentlemen' farmers wear them. Not sure how well they go with the new Rangies which they invariably drive.
 Kids Company - Harleyman
>> He never attended an expensive school though.
>>

Probably attended quite a few, but not for the right reasons.
 Kids Company - Bromptonaut
>> I rather suspect that whilst her intentions were good her ability to manage a large
>> organisation spending millions of pounds of public money were not. Unfortunately her ego rather got
>> in the way for putting in some competent management as she was not prepared to
>> concede control to anyone else.

Stripped of stuff about ego etc kids company is an example of a worrying trend for the charitable sector. You can be a campaigner or a provider of services for government.

Doing both of those things simultaneously is difficult.
 Kids Company - CGNorwich
Not sure why this should be seen as a problem. If a charity accepts state money it is only right that the government has a degree of influence as to how it is spent. If the charity doesn't like that and wants to campaign against the government they should not take their their money. A belief that that it can be otherwise is naiive.
 Kids Company - Cliff Pope
> You can be a campaigner or a provider of services for
>> government.

Or an independent provider of help for those who slip through the official net, funded by charitable donations?
 Kids Company - Bromptonaut
>> Looks like it's curtains for Camila Batmanghelidjh

It is now!!

www.theguardian.com/society/2024/jan/02/kids-company-charity-founder-camila-batmanghelidjh-dies-aged-61
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 3 Jan 24 at 11:03
 Kids Company - Duncan
Holy thread revival, Brompy!
 Kids Company - tyrednemotional
>> Holy thread revival, Brompy!
>>

...who do you think you are, The Joker...?
 Kids Company - Timeonmyhands
Pull yourself together.
Latest Forum Posts