Non-motoring > New low for the Wail? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 23

New low for the Wail? - Lygonos
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3099736/Holidaymakers-misery-boat-people-Syria-Afghanistan-seeking-asylum-set-migrant-camp-turn-popular-Greek-island-Kos-disgusting-hellhole.html

Disgusting xenophobic inhumane BS from the Mail dripping with irony.

I guess they're trying to trump the Express for the UKIP vote.
 New low for the Wail? - sooty123
There is no low for the Daily Wail when it comes to writing about those furrigners.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Thu 28 May 15 at 20:35
 New low for the Wail? - Zero
>> www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3099736/Holidaymakers-misery-boat-people-Syria-Afghanistan-seeking-asylum-set-migrant-camp-turn-popular-Greek-island-Kos-disgusting-hellhole.html

SO the groups of drunken fighting bing drinking vomiting brits was better?
True to form I guess.

Rather than covering the plight of these people - fleeing persecution - they instead focus on how unsightly they make Kos for British tourists.

It's not a humanitarian disaster that's important it seems, its the slight sense of unease it causes bingo-winged, oily, orange, morbidly obese grunts that matters.

They should have stayed and faced persecution at the hands of IS instead of making good, honest British peoples holidays uncomfortable.

They even managed to get in a dig at breast feeding, and a picture of some attractive women.
 New low for the Wail? - Focusless
There's comments under the story suggesting that if they were just fleeing death/persecution they could have stayed in Turkey ie. they're 'just' economic migrants. Not that that makes the report ok, but do they have a point? Happy to be corrected.
 New low for the Wail? - Bromptonaut
>> There's comments under the story suggesting that if they were just fleeing death/persecution they could
>> have stayed in Turkey ie. they're 'just' economic migrants.

How many do we think Turkey, Lebanon, Malta etc can absorb?

There was a documentary on Radio 4 about those aiming for the Libyan coast and Med. The Sahara makes the death toll in the sea look insignificant. We need to focus on catching the victims of trafficking at source.
 New low for the Wail? - Zero

>> We need to
>> focus on catching the victims of trafficking at source.

To do that we need to intervene into the internal security of the countries involved. Intervening in the internal security of the some countries involved is what destabilised them and allowed this to happen in the first place.
>> How many do we think Turkey, Lebanon, Malta etc can absorb?

I'd be interested to know the answer - are you saying they're full?
Lebanon is for certain. I cannot remember the exact numbers but it's absorbed millions from Syria and that into a country with a delicate ethnic balance.
>> but do they have a point?

Impressive NIMBYism transcending into other countries.

Why aren't they thinking of their poor gastropod compatriots who go to Turkey on holiday?

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=daily+mail
Last edited by: Lygonos on Thu 28 May 15 at 22:33
 New low for the Wail? - Armel Coussine
Yeah, no need for clamour, er, knowImean?
 New low for the Wail? - No FM2R
>>they're 'just' economic migrants. ........... but do they have a point?

Yes.

It is just difficult to know what the proportions are and which person is which category.

How does one welcome and support the fleeing refugee but make it deeply financially unattractive for the economic migrant?

Clearly the Daily Mail believes that both should be shunned and looked down upon. Equally, neither is pouring money on them all equally the answer.

But what the answer is, I don't know.

It may be something to do with massively increasing the role of our embassies and allowing them to offer refugee visas and refuse economic migrant visas. That, together with a rock solid defence against and harsh response to *ANY* illegal immigration, ought to do it.

You need the economic migrant to have little chance of a visa and so expect the majority of illegals to be those who were refused. Whereas the refugee stands a good chance of a visa, so has no need to make use of illegal trafficking routes.

I doubt our will, capability, discipline, efficiency, understanding and approach in achieving such a thing. And since the Daily Mail and its readers won' t understand. it'll not get support anyway.
Thanks Mark.
 New low for the Wail? - Boxsterboy
This mass migration is a new and genuine problem facing Europe. On the one hand you need to help people fleeing war and persecution. But on the other hand you have to be able to stop purely economic migrants. Looking at the TV reports there are quite a few migrants from Bangladesh and West African countries, whose aim is purely to improve their lot. Of course we all want to improve our lot in life but we accept we can't always get what we want in life.
 New low for the Wail? - Haywain
"New low for the Wail?" .......

The Wail is like Charlie Hebdo; sensible people know that it's a load of pfd, but some go there because they delight in being offended.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 17 Jun 17 at 20:53
OK so we've discussed immigration and asylum.

Who else is now being presented with multiple hosted ads for immigration lawyers?
OK so we've discussed immigration and asylum.

Who else is now being presented with multiple hosted ads for immigration lawyers?
 New low for the Wail? - ....
You're repeating yourself now...

twitpic.com/4w9hyp ...so am I but tell me I am wrong !
Last edited by: gmac on Fri 29 May 15 at 22:44
 New low for the Wail? - Dutchie
You've got to feel sorry for the migrants not nice..Have been to Cos once before the migrants.

Won't go again,have had better holidays in Turkey friendlier people and tastier local food.
>> You've got to feel sorry for the migrants not nice..Have been to Cos once before
>> the migrants.
>>
>> Won't go again,have had better holidays in Turkey friendlier people and tastier local food.
>>
Do you have a UK or NL Reisepaß(paspoort) Dutchie ?

I wrote in the Grexit thread about my invite to Turkey in October to a company "do". I declined based on what is going on in Syria and Greece at the moment.
 New low for the Wail? - Armel Coussine
>> invite to Turkey in October to a company "do". I declined based on what is going on in Syria and Greece at the moment.

Moral objections gmac, or just rank cowardice?

There are very few places in the world that don't have a neighbouring country or two in a state of uproar.
Call it what you will.

October is a long way off, who knows what the region will look like by then. As a father of two young children you might choose to stick your head in a lions mouth from time to time but you don't poke it with a stick at the same time.
Perhaps, but if you're Johnny Weismuller you tickle its goolies with your foot while you wrestle with it on Tarzan.
 New low for the Wail? - Haywain
"I wrote in the Grexit thread about my invite to Turkey in October to a company "do". I declined based on what is going on in Syria and Greece at the moment."

My wife & I were on a boat in the eastern Med last month. I told her "If the boat goes down, swim north; whatever you do, don't swim east.

Ephesus (Turkey) was very interesting, but I imagine ISIS would be happy to remodel it.
Latest Forum Posts