Non-motoring > Resignation protocol Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 7

Resignation protocol - legacylad
Once tendered, to the ' higher authority', should one tell ones colleagues, or is that up to the employer?
 Resignation protocol - Zero
>> Once tendered, to the ' higher authority', should one tell ones colleagues, or is that
>> up to the employer?

see no reason not to.
 Resignation protocol - No FM2R
A matter of courtesy, I would say.

I would ask the higher authority if they had any objection. However, any objection they had would have to be reasonable and promptly resolved.

I can think of no reason other than that for you not to say.
 Resignation protocol - legacylad
Thanks chaps
My resignation was duly accepted ( no option really) and I gave 5 weeks notice, despite having no contract ( which was a no no according to ACAS).
Being a thoroughly decent bloke I shall ask my boss if it is ok to tell my colleagues I am leaving, rather than on my final day.
ps. Thank you nice Mr Cameron for letting me spend my pension how I want. Not having to buy an annuity and blowing it all before I'm 63. If my small pot lasts that long.

Resignation protocol - Cliff Pope
What are you thinking of resigning from?
Parliament - I understand the procedure is to apply for the stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds.
This forum - I think you just drift away, and after about a year someone says, "Where's legacylad gone?", and then we remember that you haven't been around for a while.
 Resignation protocol - Robin O'Reliant
The protocol in various jobs where I've been employed is to scrawl a few obscene comments about one's boss on the toilet wall.

That generally let's one's peers know you will be leaving shortly.
 Resignation protocol - Zero
Well as one of your jobs involves door to door selling, if i see you coming up my drive you are going to get a shotgun up yer ass.

Banksie you aint.
 Resignation protocol - Alastairw
Depends.

If you want to slip away quietly, don't tell. But if you want a big card filled with 'humorous' good bye message and a voucher for somewhere you never ship, get telling them.
Latest Forum Posts