Non-motoring > Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 4

Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary - Zero
75th Anniversary of the BoB this year, and there will be the normal celebrations at the various air shows around the country, BUT.....

There are rumours flying around, that they will be trying to put 39 spitfires in the air at one time. Favourite at the moment is Biggin Hill in August, 39 up then split into three flights to patrol three sectors.

Only rumours. nothing firm or advertised yet.
 Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary - Bromptonaut
Surely 39 would give three squadrons and three or four times that number of flights.

The Rolls Royce Spit, PS853/G RRGN was on test at East Midlands when I pit-stopped there last week during a uni return service to Liverpool. The Griffon doesn't have quite the atmospheric sound of the Merlin but still good value for money.
 Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary - Zero
>> Surely 39 would give three squadrons and three or four times that number of flights.

39 would give you a big wing, but it would turn up late and in the wrong place.
 Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary - Rudedog
I've just checked the Biggin Hill News as there was some info in there on this. The Festival of Flight this year is planned for June 13th, I know that they always have a good spread of aircraft, and this year to go along with the 75th anniversary they will have all of the regular Allied craft but I've heard that they will also have one of the last flying Messerschmitt Me109 G4's (the whistle of this engine will make a nice contrast to the multitude of Merlins).

Note, this is a pre-purchased ticket only event, sadly you can't just turn up on the day like you did with old International Airfare.
 Battle of Britain. 75th Anniversary - sooty123
There's a typhoon striped up in camo like the spitfire on bbmf. Its been up and about the last couple of weeks. It looks good, normally only half paint jobs on typhoon so a bit different. there's a display with it and a spitfire. Looks good in formation don't think there many dates unless you go to coningsby.
Latest Forum Posts