Non-motoring > Bargains Thread - Volume 16   [Read only]
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 107

Bargains Thread - Volume 16 - VxFan

***** This thread is now closed, please CLICK HERE to go to Volume 17 *****

==========================================================

More lovely bargains !

Post links in here of any offers/bargains that you come across. Need not be motoring but motoring related is of course welcome.

PLEASE NOTE:-

To try and maintain some kind of logical order of discussion, if you start a new subject then reply to this post and remember to change the default subject header.

Previous volumes are below

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4
Volume 5
Volume 6
Volume 7
Volume 8
Volume 9
Volume 10
Volume 11
Volume 12
Volume 13
Volume 14
Volume 15

Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 4 Dec 15 at 01:44

Eurocar parts/H7 bulbs etc... - Haywain
Just received a mail from Eurocar parts advertising a batch of offers.

I've ordered (Click & collect) 2 x Osram H7 bulbs at £2.39 each and 5L screenwash at £2.49.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Roger.
Current offer (06/06/2015) Is a 24 can pack for £6.00 or buy two for a tenner.
48 cans for ten quid is good, I think.
PS .Halifax Bank have a cashback offer for Morrison's of 10% if you use a Halifax card to pay & you have activated the specific cash back offer. (I have!)
So 48 cans for £9.00 = 18.75p per can.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - CGNorwich
Yes but Coca Cola is just fizzy sugar water with a dash of chemical flavourings.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Bromptonaut
>> Yes but Coca Cola is just fizzy sugar water with a dash of chemical flavourings.

Spot on. I find drinks like Coke, Dr Pepper etc increasingly cloying. For some irrational reason I do like Irn Bru but it's no less sweet.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Armel Coussine
>> just fizzy sugar water with a dash of chemical flavourings.

I always, but seldom, get proper full sugar coke in bottles, in the very faint hope that the secret recipe still contains a lot of, you know, coca.

>> the very faint hope that the secret recipe still contains a lot of, you know, coca.

Not that it ever did contain much.

That sickly stuff in tins with a lot of caffeine that the all-night garages have in the fridge works up to a point. OK for 50 miles, but for 500 you'd need something more effective.

:o}

Coca Cola @Morrison's - No FM2R
>> the secret recipe

There isn't one.

>> >> the secret recipe

>> There isn't one.

Yes there is. Must be. Stands to reason.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Old Navy
My secret recipe is to add about 25% rum to it. I would not touch it neat, its cleansing properties might damage my insides.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - No FM2R
25%? Rather too much coke for my liking.
 Coca Cola @Morrison's - Zero
Coke is fine, but it needs to have come from a glass bottle, preferably served in a glass with lots of ice and a slice of lemon.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Dog
Coke killed orf many a daddy watchman, sitting there all night breathing in the fumes.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Haywain
"fizzy sugar water with a dash of chemical flavourings."

You have just described beer.

Not sure what beer you drink but it shouldn't be fizzy, contain sugar other than that derived from malted barley and not turned to alcohol, and it shouldn't have flavourings other than hops.

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Zero
Unless of course its one of the old traditional Kriek lambic type of beers.......

Most of our intake of Cola is combined with Bacardi (or Old Hopking if we are tight for dosh)
Last edited by: Roger. on Sat 6 Jun 15 at 22:19

"sugar other than that derived from malted barley and not turned to alcohol, and it shouldn't have flavourings other than hops."

So, poisons are OK if they are 'natural'? You don't fly a green flag do you, CG?

Who said anything about poisons? You made a statement that beer is made of the same stuff as Coca Cola. I advised you that it isn't. I made no health claims for either product just pointing out they are different.

To my mind beer is rather nicer.
I feared that this might happen - as soon as Norwich won that football match .......

Fizzy, sugary water, chemicals = beer.
Fizzy, sugary water, chemicals = Coca Cola

OK, different amounts of fizz, different sugars, different chemicals. The main ingredient i.e. water, is the same stuff.

The main differences are that 1) I've never developed a headache after drinking Coke 2) I've never known of anyone being arrested for 'drink driving' after a skinful of Coke.

Anyway, didn't Watneys (of Red Barrel fame) have something to do with Norwich?
"The main ingredient i.e. water, is the same stuff."

Tomato ketchup and emulsion paint also have water as their main ingredient. Doesn't really make them the same does it?

Watneys dominated brewing in Norwich in the 1970s after the takeover of S and P and much of the support for CAMRA came from this area.

"Tomato ketchup and emulsion paint also have water as their main ingredient. "

Quite - but they aren't fizzy, are they?

Tomato ketchup = for daubing on chips
Emulsion paint = for daubing on walls

Coca Cola = for pouring down throat
Beer = for pouring down throat

Anyway, Suffolk didn't need CAMRA - we'd got Adnams!

Look if you really,really want to believe that Coca Cola and beer are the same its OK with me.

Interestingly in CAMRA circles some members now see Greene King in much the same light as Watneys once were. A large brewery taking over many small independents, promising to keep their beers in productions and then reneging on thier promise and promoting their own rather uninspiring products in their place.

"Interestingly in CAMRA circles some members now see Greene King in much the same light as Watneys once were. "

I couldn't agree more. You will, no doubt, have noticed that when I mention glorious Suffolk brewers ....... I don't include Greene King. I'm afraid the beancounters have overpowered the microbiologists; you cannot trust mathematicians, they don't have souls - I've told you that before!

Coca Cola @Morrison's - VxFan
>> Tomato ketchup = for daubing on chips
>> Emulsion paint = for daubing on walls

Seen Tomato ketchup daubed on the walls of some of the places I've eaten in.

>>Fizzy, sugary water, chemicals = beer.

That goes for many British beers, especially the ones at the cheaper end of the market.

Better to guzzle German beers: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4942262.stm (article from 2006)

Coca Cola @Morrison's - Manatee
Certainly Watney's Red Barrel was more closely related to cola than beer.

"Certainly Watney's Red Barrel was more closely related to cola than beer."

But emulsion paint was nicer to drink than Red Barrel.
Last edited by: Haywain on Sun 7 Jun 15 at 09:57
 Coca Cola @Morrison's - Manatee
Strange times. Red Barrel and Double Diamond were 2/6 a pint when unpasteurised beer was under two bob. Some of the proper stuff was pretty ropey as well, to be fair.

>>You don't fly a green flag do you, CG?

Probably has a green internet provider too: greenisp.net/

:}

Fruit Loopy?

www.graftonbrewing.co.uk/our-beers/speciality-fruit-range/

I could just go a Dark Lady right now.

(*_~)

Good value for money! - Roger.
www.express.co.uk/pictures/galleries/2827/Mr-and-Mrs-Danczuk-go-to-Spain/Simon-and-Karen-Danczuk-relax-by-the-pool-in-Spain-61729

Good value for money! - Dog
>>Good value for money!

More bangs for your bucks!

CostCo Tyre promo - sherlock47
Michelins £50 off for 4 from 29/6 not sure if size dependency.

Apparently, from a discussion with a fitter yesterday, the discount offered on the 'normal' price is dependent on sales volume. Unpopular tyre = less of a saving.

Free nitrogen with inflation:)
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Thu 25 Jun 15 at 06:59

Barclays 'beat my price' bespoke offers - Focusless
Received a marketing email about Barclays 'bespoke offers', where you give them a link to a product and they come back later, via email, with (hopefully) a lower price for it.

Well to experiment I signed up and tried the Seagate 3TB drive mentioned in the Computer section, where Smokie mentioned he'd found it on Argos for £110:
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=20289&m=447947&v=e

And they've emailed me back with £101, an 8% saving - not a massive difference, but not bad, and even better when compared with the £120 on ebuyer I came up with originally, and the OP's £129 . The supplier is given as 'Fireworks Merchant Limited':
fireworksmerchant.com/

The email contains a link which you click on to buy it, and it's limited time - 24 hours.

Haven't yet spotted any reason why you shouldn't at least give this service a go when buying stuff; anyone have any more info?

www.bespokeoffers.co.uk/

Barclays 'beat my price' bespoke offers - smokie
5Tb not 3Tb??

>> 5Tb not 3Tb??

My typo - I think I was distracted by the 3.0 USB. The offer is for a 5TB drive, as requested.

Barclays 'beat my price' bespoke offers - sherlock47
How do the delivery charges compare?

Although sponsored by Barclaycard it would appear that you loose the 'Section 75' protections as the order is processed by an intermediary.

>> How do the delivery charges compare?

The Barclays one is free delivery; the Argos one is free to collect (assuming you can), but would be £4 for delivery.

>> Although sponsored by Barclaycard it would appear that you loose the 'Section 75' protections as
>> the order is processed by an intermediary.

Useful, thanks.

Barclays 'beat my price' bespoke offers - legacylad
I keep receiving this Barclays Bespoke email, but never taken any notice. However, I would like to purchase an Olympus TG4 for a 'watery' trip next month and the cheapest I have seen is on Amazon @ £289, although I have not looked around much. it was much cheaper in the USA but my insurer said that if I claimed for loss or damage they would only pay out for purchases made within the UK.
I shall now investigate further.....thanks for the Bespoke reminder.

Barclays 'beat my price' bespoke offers - Kevin
>However, I would like to purchase an Olympus TG4 for a 'watery' trip next month..

legacylad,

before you spend your hard-earned on a TG-4 do a comparison with the Panasonic DMC-FT5.

Mrs K currently uses one for snorkeling and is really happy with it (she's had two Olympus mju underwater cameras previously).

Images still usually need the white balance touching up with Gimp or Photoshop, especially if the water is a bit cloudy, but they're very good for a do-it-all compact.

Actually bought something - paid £62 delivered for a Tomtom Runner GPS watch, a 17% saving on the Amazon price of £75 which already seemed cheap.

www.amazon.co.uk/TomTom-Runner-Watch-Heart-Monitor/dp/B00D7LN7M2/
(grey + HRM)

Karcher offer at ECP - Alanovich
tinyurl.com/ooft3ao

Karcher offer at ECP - Focusless
(FWIW I tried this on the Bespoke offers above but it said 'we don't accept links from this [ECP] website'.)

EDIT: but it is trying to beat tesco.com (£79)
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 4 Aug 15 at 10:41

>> EDIT: but it is trying to beat tesco.com (£79)

They've come back with £75 - not bad compared to Tesco's price, but not great compared with JL's £59. So I've submitted the JL link.

>> They've come back with £75 - not bad compared to Tesco's price, but not great
>> compared with JL's £59. So I've submitted the JL link.

£52.56 inc delivery.

Karcher offer at ECP - sherlock47
Ordered one! Not sure that anyone ever sold them at advertised 'List price'.

Karcher offer at ECP - Zero
I'd get it from JLP at less than 60 quid if I were you.....

www.johnlewis.com/karcher-k2-compact-pressure-washer/p1191498?sku=233112585&kpid=233112585&s_kenid=27f5853a-7e88-60c8-f3e3-000005860808&s_kwcid=402x20730&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=233112585

Good spot Zero. And I get partner discount. Not that I need one, I got an Aldi (Workzone) one earlier this year, seems to be fine so far.

Karcher offer at ECP - CGNorwich
Good luck. Mine lasted just over a year!

Karcher offer at ECP - Manatee
>> Good luck. Mine lasted just over a year!

I don't think ours lasted that long, but of course we couldn't find a receipt. Not sure whether the frost got at it though.

Karcher offer at ECP - sooty123
They don't sound too reliable, anyone got one that is reliable?

Karcher offer at ECP - No FM2R
I've got a Karcher, two actually, but I couldn't tell you the models except that one was around £100 3 years ago and the other around £200 about 6 years ago.

Both get used a lot and both still going strong, although the older one has had a new hose.

Karcher offer at ECP - No FM2R
>>the other around £200 about 6 years ago.

According to The Oracle it was actually 11 years ago. Sigh.

Karcher offer at ECP - Dog
My Karcher is ten years old, lives in the shed, never had any TLC, and is still going strong.

Karcher offer at ECP - legacylad
I bought a Stihl pressure washer, model 126K, several years ago. In April 2010 it needed a new reinforced hose, and there was a one off problem attaching the hose to the body of the machine....I leave it permanently attached now. I gets plenty of use, and up to a few years ago I used it for commercial work whilst helping a friend in the demolition trade. It has a thermal cut out. It will run continually for a few hours, then needs a 30 minute rest before continuing.
No idea how much I paid for it.

Karcher offer at ECP - Dutchie
Same here Dog these Karchers go on for a while.I use mine to give the patio pavers a good clean about twice a year.Never used it on cars the pressure to powerfull for my liking on the paintwork.

I used to clean my car with it Dutchie, many years ago, but it's easier to just use a hosepipe

They are ideal for cleaning patios etc. especially here with all the china clay dust.

I take it you use a T racer patio cleaner attachment?

Karcher offer at ECP - Kevin
>I don't think ours lasted that long, but of course we couldn't find a receipt. Not sure whether the frost got at it though.

I've had two Karchers. Both of them lasted just over a year before the pump outlet casting failed and they started p'ing water out of the casing. Stored in a garage with frost protection so they definitely weren't frost damaged.

Now have a Nilfisk that's been fault free for about 5 years.

You also need special tools if a Karcher goes wrong and you want to fix it yourself. For example, the outer casing is attached by those silly screws that need a flat blade screwdriver with a slot cut into the centre of the blade. The screws are also recessed down long narrow holes in the casing so the screwdriver blade needs to be unusually long.

I hate it when manufacturers deliberately design their products to be as difficult as possible for the DIYer to work on.

>> I've had two Karchers. Both of them lasted just over a year

The (cheapest) one in Z's John Lewis link comes with a 2 year guarantee.

Karcher offer at ECP - The Melting Snowman
I'm on my second Karcher, the first one went bang after a couple of years. The second one has been fine though, no problem at all with it, must be at least fifteen years old. I bring it inside the house for the winter, which I didn't with the first one...

Karcher offer at ECP - Manatee
Our current one is a Nilfisk too, 1400W job, seems to have markedly more grunt than the Aldi jobs or the smaller Karchers. £99 from Argos last October but currently £129.99. 3 year guarantee.

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1577941.htm

Karcher offer at ECP - Kevin
>..seems to have markedly more grunt than the Aldi jobs or the smaller Karchers.

Effectiveness of pressure washers is a combination of output pressure and flow rate. It's no good having high pressure if there's b-all water coming out of the nozzle and vice versa of course.

Nilfisk washers seem to have a higher flow rate than most of their competitors at a similar pressure and price point.

Karcher offer at ECP - rtj70
I had an Aldi pressure washer and it seemed to do the job. Lent it to someone... and I used it once before a cold winter... never worked as a pressure washer again. No idea if the person who borrowed it shortened it's life or the cold winter was the issue.

I got a Karcher from Tesco on offer a few years ago. It replaced the Karcher the day I realised it was broken. Still working fine. Spends time in the same garage over subsequent winters.

But it did take most of the paint off the bumper of my wife's FIAT!

I think I'll bring mine indoors and stick it under the stairs when frosty nights approach. Henry can go in the garage.

Karcher offer at ECP - VxFan
>> I think I'll bring mine indoors and stick it under the stairs when frosty nights approach.

I always drain mine out after using it, and have never had a problem storing it in the shed.

Ah. Thanks. Didn't know there would be a drain facility. Will have a look later.

Karcher offer at ECP - VxFan
Ah, you misunderstood me. By "drain" I mean I run it for a couple of seconds with no water supply connected to flush out the majority of water from it.

>>I always drain mine out after using it, and have never had a problem storing it in the shed.

I never drain mine out after using it, and have never had a problem storing it in the shed.

:}

Free oil filter - Alanovich
Free oil filters at EuroCarParts today, I think it ends tonight. Just ordered my bits to service the Mazda, took the price below carparts4less.

35 quid for 5l engine oil, oil filter, air and pollen filters ain't too bad.

Free oil filter - madf
Thanks for that.. Needed to buy some for Yaris. Job Done:-)

Free oil filter - Stuartli
>>35 quid for 5l engine oil, oil filter, air and pollen filters ain't too bad.>>

Makes you realise what sort of profit margin such outlets and retailers were making until quite recently.....

Free oil filter - ChrisM
CarParts4Less - 10w40 Triple QX Semi Synthetic 5L (£12.49) plus Bosch oil filter* (£5.65) = £18.14

ECP £17.99 inc. free oil filter.

But if you use the code SAVEME75 (7.5% off as long as you spend >£10), CP4L is £16.78.

No such thing as a free oil filter and I doubt there ever has been with ECP.

SAVEME75 isn't a special code, it has worked for ages.

* Punto 1.2

Free oil filter - Alanovich
>> SAVEME75 isn't a special code, it has worked for ages.

Good tip Chris, thanks. I'll save that one. Would have brought my stuff to the same price at both 'outlets', near as dammit.

I ordered fully synth for the Mazda, 5w-30 as per the handbook. Thinking about it though, I do have to top up the oil every month or so on the car, about a quarter of a litre. So 3 of its 4.3 litres get renewed between oil filter changes anyway. I suppose it keeps the engine in good nick...............although I noticed with a bit of surprise that I should have done the change in March - I had it in mind that it wasn't due until October for some reason. Oh well, it'll get done this weekend. With my regular checking and topping up I'm sure no harm has been done.

Halfords own brand fully/semi synth oils on offer - spamcan61
A bit dearer than last xmas, but still 12 quid for 4 litres of fully synth for example:-

www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-5w40-fully-synthetic-oil-4l

www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-5w30-ford-fully-synthetic-motor-oil-4l

www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-vauxhall-opel-gm-fully-synthetic-oil--4l

www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-10w40-part-synthetic-oil-4l

Halfords car maintenance eqpt - Bobby
www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/trolley-jacks-axle-stands/halfords-5-piece-lifting-kit

Seems like a lot of gear for £40 ??

Halfords car maintenance eqpt - Alanovich
>> www.halfords.com/motoring-travel/tools-diy/trolley-jacks-axle-stands/halfords-5-piece-lifting-kit
>>
>> Seems like a lot of gear for £40 ??
>>

Says £75 on my screen.

Halfords car maintenance eqpt - smokie
You have a slow screen, was £40 yesterday :-)

Aldi one-size-fits-all spanner - bathtub tom
www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/sun-23-aug/product-detail/ps/p/8-in-1-multi-wrench/

Saw these in Aldi and was tempted. It has four twelve-point, ratchet, socket heads. Each head has a spring-loaded sleeve so fits two sizes.

I decided there was too much to easily break with the sleeve and ratchet reversing lever, but could be useful.

Thirty Quid All-in-One Laser Printer - Robin O'Reliant
This is the cheapest I've ever seen one of these for -

www.ebuyer.com/721613-ricoh-sp112su-multi-function-a4-mono-laser-printer-902146?utm_source=2015-08-26&utm_medium=campaign_email&utm_campaign=B2C_%28Wednesday%29_Openers

Car Mechanics Mag Subscription - 24 issues £48 - nice but dim
A regular read for me of which I've taken advantage of for another two years, £2 a pop.

ENDS TOMORROW 16/09/15

www.greatmagazines.co.uk/bws/car-mechanics-print-magazine

Bahco socket set (small stuff) in Homebase - spamcan61
Only goes up to 13mm but this looks like a good deal for quality tools (assuming Bahco hasn't done a Blaupunkt / Grundig / Polaroid)

www.hotukdeals.com/deals/bahco-29-piece-socket-set-homebase-2288830

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - VxFan

imvoucher.uk/Templates/co/freecokezero142.aspx?gclid=CNrz-pWyq8gCFaZ02wodoP0Buw

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - Haywain
Free Coke voucher - in exchange for phone no/e-address? An invitation to be inundated with dodgy calls/mails?

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - VxFan
Well I blagged 8 bottles last time the offer was on, and never recieved any junk mail or txts.

If in doubt, then simply use a disposable email account. Plenty around.

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - Focusless
Got it - cheers Dave (again)!

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - Duncan
Is that your mobile number, Z?

Free 500ml Bottle of Coke Zero - smokie
Think you meant Vx and it's unlikely as it ends 12345678.

Clearance on tools - ECP - Alanovich
tinyurl.com/pxsyjkc

Amazon Prime - £59 - Focusless
Not sure it's a bargain, but Amazon Prime membership is down from £79 to £59 until Nov 18 for new members.
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/promo

Amazon Prime - £59 - Dog
My ole woman has Prime for her stupid book downloads, she's also streamed some program called Arrows.

But, I've ordered 'stuff' from Amazon on a Sunday afternoon, and it's bin delivered here in deepest-darkyest-Cornwall the very next day = Amazing!

Amazon Prime - £59 - Crankcase
I took up an offer for Prime for 30 days, and found it marginally useful. However, they then flapped about with my existing Lovefilm subscription, which we use a lot, and it all went horribly wrong. Luckily they put it all back as it was and I've not touched full Prime since (we get Prime streaming as part of the Lovefilm thing anyway).

I see they now have a new service - Amazon Pantry. Anyone tried it, or planning to? Can't see the point myself for us.

www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=5782660031
Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 17 Nov 15 at 13:00

Amazon Prime - £59 - Zero
prime is of insufficient worth and value to me to consider paying a single cent for. And I resent Amazon trying to push me there with every action they do.
Last edited by: Zero on Tue 17 Nov 15 at 13:10
We do have a Prime account at work, and as we spend ruddy fahsands with Amazon on drippy little bits, it's definitely worth a few quid a year for next day delivery, which always works. On the one occasion it didn't they refunded more than the cost of the item, as well as sending the item anyway.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Tue 17 Nov 15 at 13:33

Trialled it last year about this time, and it was very useful for Xmas pressie deliveries, with 'next day' including Sundays. Hoping to do the same again, if they let me.

EDIT: oh and free ebooks if I went for not next day
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 17 Nov 15 at 14:16

Amazon Prime - �£59 - Clk Sec
>>And I resent Amazon trying to push me there with every action they do.

Quite by accident, Mrs CS had today enlisted for their 30 day free trial. Something to do with electing to have an item delivered to a nearby shop, instead of the usual home delivery.

Of course she’s cancelled this and understands that her card will not be charged, however it would appear that anything else she buys over the next 30 days will be via Prime, whether she likes it or not - and as someone who never wants owt for nowt, she's not particularly happy.

That'll teach her...
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Wed 18 Nov 15 at 13:20

Amazon Prime - Slidingpillar
I recently made a purchase from Amazon, and yes the exhortations to sign up for prime are a minefield. Think I had to untick the box too. As I'd placed my order in a quiet period, it came next day too - for free, without me signing up for anything.

Amazon Prime - �£59 - Bromptonaut
>> prime is of insufficient worth and value to me to consider paying a single cent
>> for.

OTOH it works OK for us but a family with three students forever needing books (The Lad doing his BA, Miss B a Masters and Mrs B a PhD) sent to three addresses ain't typical.

Amazon Prime - ���£59 - Bobby
Does Amazon Prime not give you access to Amazon's version of Netflix?

Amazon Prime - Ã���Ã��à - rtj70
Yes it does

Amazon Prime - Ã���Ã�¯Ãï - Zero
>> Yes it does

And that most definitely aint worth paying for.

>> And that most definitely aint worth paying for.

Oh I don't know. I've seen a bunch of quite enjoyable things on it. Enough to make me value it anyway.

Amazon Prime - Ã���Ã�¯Ãï - R.P.
I watch a lot of streamed stuff. Man in the High Castle looks brilliant. We use Amazon a lot so Prime is a saving no doubt. I think you can get a "family" version.

I get a bit confused with what you get and why, so just accept things as they turn up with Amazon.

One of things I hadn't realised until recently was they have this "household" link thing. Which for us meant I set up a link between Mrs C's account and mine (not that she's ever spent anything more than something between free and 49p a time for books to read on her tablet).

Now, when I download a book or a video or something, it appears on her Fire tablet as well as mine, so she gets to access it too, and similarly I get to see and read all her books on my Iphone, my Ipad, and my own Amazon Fire tablet. I grabbed the ebook of The Lord of the Rings the other day, having lost my paper copy, and it's appeared everywhere so she can re-read it too in due course or at the same time as me if she wants.

All pretty seamless and just works. Nice. But I don't know whether that's for everyone, or only for Prime.
Last edited by: Crankcase on Thu 19 Nov 15 at 09:42

>> All pretty seamless and just works. Nice. But I don't know whether that's for everyone,
>> or only for Prime.

Prime I think - see 'Sharing' in link below.

>> Prime I think - see 'Sharing' in link below.

Can't complain then, as I don't have Prime. I have only what was Lovefilm, now "Amazon DVD Video" I think, which comes with Prime streaming but not Prime delivery. So now we know it also comes with "sharing".

Confusing or what?

Amazon Prime - - Focusless
>> Does Amazon Prime not give you access to Amazon's version of Netflix?

...and a few other things:
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201015970

Latest Forum Posts