Non-motoring > Changing Perspectives Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 11

Changing Perspectives - Bromptonaut
Been away this weekend at Jordans Youth Hostel with a bunch of folks from the North London YHA group that facilitated my meeting Mrs B c1983.

Then we were in our twenties, now we are in our fifties. One of my compatriots summed up a theme of converstion as follows:

I was reflecting on this weekend and how conversations have changed. 25-30 years ago we were discussing the best mortgage, who was going to get married next, and the coming of a baby.
The conversations now seem to revolve around , pensions and whether it might be possible to get voluntary severance as well, aching bits of the body and the latest grand child..
I personally cannot wait until we can all evaluate Stannah stair lifts and walk in baths.

The idea seemed worth sharing with the panel.
 Changing Perspectives - Zero

>> I personally cannot wait until we can all evaluate Stannah stair lifts

I bought a bungalow. Problem solved.
 Changing Perspectives - Old Navy
>>
>> >> I personally cannot wait until we can all evaluate Stannah stair lifts
>>
>> I bought a bungalow. Problem solved.
>>

Mine has a sunken lounge area, can you get a Stannah for two steps ? Handy for sitting on to put your shoes on though.
 Changing Perspectives - MD

>> Mine has a sunken lounge area, can you get a Stannah for two steps ?
>> Handy for sitting on to put your shoes on though.
>>
And to turn around, cock a leg and tie them up......unless of course one has opted for slip-ons, yuck!
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Apr 15 at 01:07
 Changing Perspectives - Old Navy
>>......unless of course one has opted for slip-ons, yuck!
>>

I must admit I have a pair of Penny Loafers.
 Changing Perspectives - Armel Coussine
>> I personally cannot wait until we can all evaluate Stannah stair lifts and walk in baths.

>> The idea seemed worth sharing with the panel.

Jeez! I'm not looking forward to that. Always hoped I wouldn't get there.

Of course one isn't what one was. But I'm both happy and ashamed to say very emphatically that conversations where I am tend to revolve around a lot of much more interesting things than those.

Of course the Sinews of War and their sources have a serious place, but given that there are all sorts of serious concerns, whether the jalopy is running properly, the cost of drink and drugs, how the nippers and grandnippers are and making space and time for the dear little brutes - all that and more -, it's just depressing to fret about income sources full-time and keep obsessive accounts. You can tighten your belt when the time comes without getting miserablist about it.

Such is my insouciant attitude. So far so good.
 Changing Perspectives - MD
Talking of income it's frightfully quiet on the Building front ATM.
 Changing Perspectives - Robin O'Reliant
When I was younger I seemed to be always going to weddings and christenings. Now it's funerals.
 Changing Perspectives - Zero
>> When I was younger I seemed to be always going to weddings and christenings. Now
>> it's funerals.

there is always one you will have to attend.
 Changing Perspectives - Dog
>>When I was younger I seemed to be always going to weddings and christenings. Now it's funerals.

I know more people up the graveyard than I do in the village.
 Changing Perspectives - legacylad
It's probably quieter up the graveyard for their 'outdoor' activities
 Changing Perspectives - Dog
It's their out-of-body activities that I'm more worried about.
Latest Forum Posts