Non-motoring > North London Cameo Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 13

North London Cameo - Armel Coussine
Coming back here from Islington night before last, we stopped for a traffic light somewhere near Camden Town. On the pavement beside the lights was a group of five men: a shaven-headed beardie with a white skull-cap, flanked by a big dumb-looking guy with skullcap but no beard, and three local black youths. The beardie was gesticulating vigorously, finger-pointing in all directions, clearly laying down the law.

Our conversation went as follows: 'Hey, look at that, an Imam radicalising some dumb boys! I dunno though. Perhaps he's urging them not to listen to any Islamist crap. Perhaps he's a proper decent Imam.'

'I doubt it,' herself replied. 'Look at his shoes.' They were shapeless white leather slippers with the heels trodden down. I wanted to open the window and bawl: 'Hey! Don't listen to him! He's talking lying rubbish!' But herself thought it would be impolite, and I didn't want the Imam's heavy to come over and kick the car. Anyway we didn't know for sure what the Imam was saying (he was the whitest-skinned of the group).

We didn't know for sure. But I would have laid money on it.
 North London Cameo - Bromptonaut
How do you know he was an Imam - do they have some item that corresponds to the clerical collar?
 North London Cameo - Westpig
>> How do you know he was an Imam - do they have some item that
>> corresponds to the clerical collar?
>>

Presumably he looked like one?
>> How do you know he was an Imam

I don't of course. But beard, skullcap, bodyguard and hectoring body-language... taken together they could be considered a dog-collar equivalent.

One of Islam's problems is that any Muslim can set himself up as an Imam. If enough of the believers listen to him he can take over a mosque and (if he's that sort of chap) propagate harmful and malevolent Islamist crap. A name that springs to mind is Anjem Chaudary.

Perhaps that was who our beardie was. But they all look the same to me with that mucky-looking facial hair.
 North London Cameo - legacylad
If that happened in Giggleswick everybody would assume it was just another location shoot.
Now, back to the sheep....
 North London Cameo - Roger.

>> Perhaps that was who our beardie was. But they all look the same to me
>> with that mucky-looking facial hair.

Crikey - if I'd said that, the ordure from a certain forum member would have hit the fan!
>> Crikey - if I'd said that, the ordure from a certain forum member would have hit the fan!

You have to say it right Rastaman. You have to make clear distinctions between proper religion and its political and other perversions.

That said, I am out of order in Muslim terms for commenting on Islam in any way. I can't possibly understand it because I'm not a Muslim, I've been told not without a certain menacing emphasis. That of course was in Muslim lands, not here where zealots keep a low profile if they know what's good for them.

I just hope it will take the Hand of Islamist Vengeance a long time to get round to punishing me. No proper believer would even want to punish me unless he or she was very very thick.
 North London Cameo - MD
>>
>> >> Perhaps that was who our beardie was. But they all look the same to
>> me
>> >> with that mucky-looking facial hair.
>>
>> Crikey - if I'd said that, the ordure from a certain forum member would have
>> hit the fan!
>>
Me too Roger old chap. Depends who you are of course!
 North London Cameo - John Boy
>> a shaven-headed beardie with a white skull-cap, flanked by a big dumb-looking guy with skullcap but no beard, and three local black youths. The beardie was gesticulating vigorously, finger-pointing in all directions, clearly laying down the law.

Perhaps he was telling them to go elsewhere if they wanted to score.

:-)

>> Perhaps he was telling them to go elsewhere if they wanted to score.

>> :-)

It's an agreeable thought, but I'm afraid he wasn't that sort of Imam. I have an eye for these things.
 North London Cameo - Robin O'Reliant
A Tottenham fan arguing with some arsenal supporters, no doubt.
Last edited by: VxFan on Sun 19 Apr 15 at 18:59
 North London Cameo - MD
Reading ain't pleased by all accounts.
 North London Cameo - Bromptonaut
>> Reading ain't pleased by all accounts.

The Lad's expedition to a Red's pub near his uni lodgings didn't end well either.
>> A Tottenham fan arguing with some arsenal supporters, no doubt.

Shome mishtake shurely? I yield to none in my ignorance of footy, but I thought Tottenham fans were Jewish. And I remember arsenal fans all too well having lived within shouters of the stadium for several years back in the day. They tended to be aggressively English.

Our man was an Imam and he was radicalizing those boys or trying to. The boys were grinning a bit but I don't think he was being funny at all. He looked a bit unpleasant, but then we all do when we are hectoring our followers, as I'm sure you all know from experience.

:o}
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 20 Apr 15 at 18:08
Latest Forum Posts