Non-motoring > Ronnie Carroll - who he? Legal Questions
Thread Author: Cliff Pope Replies: 4

Ronnie Carroll - who he? - Cliff Pope
He's a fringe party candidate in the marginal seat of Hampstead and Kilburn, Britain's only double-entrant for the European Song Contest, a former pop idol, and dead.

Owing apparently to a quirk in the electoral legal process, his name will still appear on the ballot paper, so theoretically he could become the first ever deceased person to be elected to the House of Commons.

Or so the DT says in today's obituary.
 Ronnie Carroll - who he? - Armel Coussine
I remember the cat from the time. Married to Millicent Martin, but a sort of jazzish crooner type in his own right.

Sort of also-ran TV star person. Nice scam one thought at the time. Had the right sort of face, with the built-in smile.
 Ronnie Carroll - who he? - Stuartli
If you are old enough, think "Roses are red, my love"...:-)
 Ronnie Carroll - who he? - Armel Coussine
God I can't stand it Stuartli. Do stop it.

Was that really Ronnie Carroll?

Crooners weren't my thing at all. Didn't even like Sinatra let alone Crosby at the time (good though they certainly were).

Ronnie Carroll - who he? - Stuartli
>>Didn't even like Sinatra let alone Crosby at the time (good though they certainly were).>>

I was brought up on Sinatra and Ella... Both fantastic.

You won't have liked Matt Monro then? Sinatra once named him as his successor.

However, female Scottish singers are my favourites, including the pop music versions. Saw Barbara Dickson again recently at the Liverpool Royal Philharmonic - still brilliant.
Latest Forum Posts