Non-motoring > Rahim Sterling Legal Questions
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 15

Rahim Sterling - Armel Coussine
... didn't do anything illegal when he inhaled nitrous oxide from a balloon to get high, but there's been a lot of tut-tutting about it, 'bad example', 'not concentrating on his football', sanctimonious faff for the most part. True, they also showed him smoking what was probably hash through what looked like a bong.

The geezer scored another brilliant goal yesterday or so and is fully entitled to do what he likes on his days off if you ask me.

Nitrous oxide isn't everyone's cup of tea. I've had it twice, once from a dentist for a wisdom tooth extraction and once from a doctor friend out of interest. It's a short term anaesthetic that knocks you out for a minute or two if that's what you're using it for. You wake up feeling very elated, and immediately get a headache. That's what it did for me and I don't go looking for it.

Presumably joy-puffers like Sterling don't pass out, they just get the elation and the headache.
I'm sure it has a certain medical utility, but it can be dangerous. Doctors in particular used to get NOX habits, and it wasn't unknown for them to fall asleep without turning the gas flow off, and die under the mask. Anything that can make you lose consciousness is dangerous.
 Rahim Sterling - No FM2R
Someone took a photo of him doing it.

That someone was presumably in Sterling's group? What kind of an a*** must he be?

And Sterling's a bit of a plonker if he was doing something like that with people he couldn't trust.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Tue 14 Apr 15 at 20:00
Quite FMR. But that sort of celebrity is a honeypot for the sort of bluebottles that sell that stuff to tabloids. They cluster round, flattering and doing little services and stealing too.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 14 Apr 15 at 20:05
 Rahim Sterling - rtj70
A couple of weeks ago at the gym car park (it is part of a hotel) I parked and noticed some metal type canisters. I avoided driving over them as it looked like they might be glass... I think they were metal. I know wonder if they were nitrous oxide canisters.... there were quite a few of them.
 Rahim Sterling - Robin O'Reliant
A footballer only has to light a cigarette now for the PC Brigade to start howling like it's the end of the world. We really are turning into a nation of self righteous busybodies.
>> We really are turning into a nation of self righteous busybodies.

With all due respect RO'R, how long is it since we have been anything else? 200 years at least.
>> they also showed him smoking what was probably hash through what looked like a bong.

Described in my comic today twice as a 'shisha pipe'. I have never heard of one of these. It looks like a bong to me. The comic didn't say what substance was being smoked through it either.

How ghastly and pathetic the media are. How ignorant and patronising their owners and editors.

'We don't know what a shisha pipe is and we think it's best if you don't know either. If you knew, it might encourage you or something. Just learn the name: shisha pipe (whatever TF that may be).'
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 15 Apr 15 at 12:42
 Rahim Sterling - No FM2R
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu%E2%80%98assel

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah
Last edited by: No FM2R on Wed 15 Apr 15 at 12:50
Thank you FMR. Not a bong then...

I've tried a hookah of course. Heavy going, and unpalatable to me. Not keen on bongs either.
 Rahim Sterling - sooty123
I'm surprised that you've never heard of them AC. There very common in the ME and N Africa. I tried them a couple of times, never got any benefit from them, maybe you need to be a smoker to get anything from them.
A friend had one in London. I am an addicted tobacco smoker and have been for decades, but the whole hookah thing was simply too fussy for me. You got this sweetish Turkish tobacco stuff, very moist I seem to remember, then put smouldering bits of charcoal on top of it and draw hard through the mouthpiece. Very, very hard to get the tobacco stuff going.

And, the rosewater through which the smoke is bubbled quickly becomes smoky in taste. As I say, unpalatable. And the whole thing is messy, like a briar pipe which gets full of tar and has to be messily cleaned. Ordinary snouts may be deadlier but they don't make sticky mess, just ash and stubs which can be emptied into the garbage.

I'd rather chew khat than smoke a hookah. Less tiring.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 15 Apr 15 at 13:35
 Rahim Sterling - NortonES2
For a really anti-social habit, try betel nut. Strong red colour, and seems to require the emptying of spurs of red stained saliva on the ground etc. Teeth become red-stained after heavy use. Makes a change I suppose.....
 Rahim Sterling - MD
A mere child. Bring back George Best, Jimmy Greaves and QPR's Frank Sibley.

Smoke..............pah! They know nothing....
 Rahim Sterling - Zero
>> A mere child. Bring back George Best, Jimmy Greaves and QPR's Frank Sibley.
>>
>> Smoke..............pah! They know nothing....

Stan Bowles. Once turned out for QPR in a first division game with a raging hangover and a black eye that he got from his bookie the previous evening, and went on to score two goals.
 Rahim Sterling - Duncan
What about Alf Tupper?
Saw a lot of betel in Ceylon when young - the streets of Colombo were red with it - and thought at first it was blood to my childish horror.

Users don't just chew the nut, but a whole package wrapped in a green leaf, containing white lime powder as well as the nut and doubtless other things depending on the user. Like other addictions - it does seem to impart a high making users' eyes bloodshot and a bit stoned looking - it is set about with ritual actions and practices. Think of your own addictions if you are fortunate enough to have any.

:o}
Latest Forum Posts