Non-motoring > Lurkers..... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 22

Lurkers..... - No FM2R
Prompted by a comment from Ronald, I am curious as to how many "lurkers" we have in the forum.

There's no reason why you should identify yourselves, or even admit to lurking, but perhaps if you would put a green thumb on this post we might see how many people are actually in here.

Or not, if you don't want.
 Lurkers..... - ToMoCo
I imagine most lurkers remain unregistered and therefore will be unable to 'vote' so to speak.
 Lurkers..... - No FM2R
Didn't think of that.
 Lurkers..... - WillDeBeest
...and your thoughtlessness has caused offence to someone.
 Lurkers..... - No FM2R
I know, imagine my grief levels.
 Lurkers..... - legacylad
No FM2R, your upsetting people before there even registered!
 Lurkers..... - Ted

I'm registered....and it won't let me vote !

'They're '...........pedant alert !
 Lurkers..... - T junction
40 posts in 3 1/2 years. Does that qualify as a lurker?
 Lurkers..... - Manatee
>> 40 posts in 3 1/2 years. Does that qualify as a lurker?

No, a shirker.
 Lurkers..... - Ted

Someone here made his first three posts the other week yet registered on the forum in the very first week or so in 2010.

Now that's shirking :-)
 Lurkers..... - hillman1
Look most days, but post rarely.... Same on the 'other' site.
 Lurkers..... - Duncan
>> 40 posts in 3 1/2 years. Does that qualify as a lurker?
>>

Pedant Corner.

Lurkers..... - WillDeBeest
I've been looking in more frequently on 'the other side' lately. Humph's fault - he lured me over to join one specific discussion with Espada - late, then again, then apparently late again of this parish - but I've tried to join a few others.

Trouble is, although there seem to be more contributors than here, most are just dropping in to ask what precise model, engine, wheel design and in-car air freshener they should look for in a seven-seater that must do 50mpg, be 100% reliable and cost no more than £3.50. The standard of discussion is lamentable and very few threads really get going the way they do here.

I confess I've been testing the water at Pistonheads, and I've been pleasantly surprised that not everyone there uses the appelation 'm8'. There's some quite lively, well-informed stuff over there, and some nice off-topic areas too. May be going there more.
 Lurkers..... - Cliff Pope
I think "lurker" is pejorative. If you've nothing to say, say nothing.
 Lurkers..... - Mike Hannon
>>If you've nothing to say, say nothing<<

That's me, these days. It seems to be 'same old, same old' here - apart from the ever-amusing AC.
I do resist the temptation to put a 'zzzzzzz' on the Formula 1 thread every week.
 Lurkers..... - Clk Sec
>> That's me, these days. It seems to be 'same old, same old'

Oh come along! We've had Winter Tyres and Breadmakers recently. What more do you want?
 Lurkers..... - Crankcase
Well, I WAS about to ask about painting the outside of the house. But now I don't think I will.
 Lurkers..... - NortonES2
For some reason, Ford radio codes seemed to be the topic de jour "over there" for some while. As for Pistonheads, I agree.
 Lurkers..... - Dutchie
Writing and conversation are different skills hence the lurkers maybe.Here the same people have strong opinions which I enjoy.Pistonheads is ok some real nutters but that is live.
 Lurkers..... - Dog
>>Writing and conversation are different skills

Indeedy. Duffers like me don't find it easy to use a qwerty keyboard, but give me a guitar and I'm your man.

I've been having an on-line luv affair for the past 4 months and it can take literally hours to compose a reply to her.

;-)
 Lurkers..... - Duncan
>> I confess I've been testing the water at Pistonheads, and I've been pleasantly surprised that
>> not everyone there uses the appelation 'm8'. There's some quite lively, well-informed stuff >>over there, and some nice off-topic areas too. May be going there more.
>>

I have been dabbling over there for close to a year. Although there are many more posts, I don't feel the quality is the same. Lots of swearing - blotted out - but you can see what was said when you click to reply.

I do prefer the layout on C4P.
 Lurkers..... - The Melting Snowman
Infrequent poster rather than a lurker. I do lurk on the 'other site' now and again. I agree that the discussions (to me) seem of lower quality than ten years ago. It seems to me that after the prolonged downtime about five years ago, many of the technical posters I enjoyed reading have disappeared, for example Aprilia, Screwloose. Even 659 seems to be less frequent. I guess people are busy, circumstances change and people move on.

I agree about Pistonheads - it's a site I enjoy reading but don't post on (yet!)

This is a good site but it's a shame that Stephen Khoo appears not to have the time to develop it in a way that was suggested at the beginning. The My Drive section hasn't developed for example. I hope the site continues though, it would be a shame it it were to disappear into the cyber wilderness.
 Lurkers..... - T junction
43 now.
Latest Forum Posts