Non-motoring > Doggy distraction.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 0

Doggy distraction.... - R.P.
You may recall a tale I told on here about our two dogs, how the older Working Cocker distracted the Springer with what appeared to be a thought out plan to get a toy or treat....anyway there was some scepticism - understandably...

Well this is what happened tonight. The dogs have been confined to barracks because of the crap weather and this has led to some boredom....this has been alleviated a bit by the dogs gaining and losing possession of various toys. A bone, and a squeaky ball, with some territorial ambition on the older dog's bed.....It ended up tonight that the Cocker had the bone and the Springer the Cocker's bed and the ball.

I was upstaris sorting some new bike get to for tomorrow's commute when I heard the Cocker barking at the patio doors. Thinking that this was an unusual request to go out for some reason I went down to open the patio doors....at the this the Springer raced out into the back garden, Cocker backs off, gets the bed, the squeaky ball and retains the bone curls up and goes to sleep. Springer is now back in the house minus all three. You have to know the Cocker's lack of desire to go out in the rain to feel that something more is at play here. Hours of entertaining fun....not least when I locked the Springer out and go to watch the telly, a few minutes later he's climbed onto his hind legs on the bench outside the window and is gives three taps on the window to gain my attention....never a dull moment.
Latest Forum Posts