Non-motoring > A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 4

A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... - No FM2R
On Facebook is a writer called Dr. Rant.

I think it safe to say he is unhappy with his lot.

www.facebook.com/DrRant?fref=nf

Quite rude, lots of rude words and impolite opinions.
 A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... - Stuartli
Rather like this forum at times then? :-)
 A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... - zippy
Very funny and I am sure very true!

My little story of medical mischief...

I walked to the hospital a year or so ago when my lips swelled up after eating something to the extent that I could not open my mouth. Funnily enough I was seen by some lovely doctors very quickly, especially as I passed out when being seen by the triage nurse.

(When I came round a young doctor did reprimand me for not calling an ambulance.)

They gave me some drugs and after the swelling subsided, the hospital made sure that I was OK but could do nothing as "the emergency was over and all my vital signs were normal".

They took a photo on my mobile and told me to show it to my doctor as soon as possible.

So the next day I get down to the surgery and see a young lady doctor whom I had never seen before.

She nearly fell off her chair when I, in all innocence, said that I had a photo of something swollen that I wanted to show her!

i now have to carry an epi-pen with me.
 A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... - No FM2R
>>when I, in all innocence, said that I had a photo of something swollen that I wanted to show her!

Hah! I say Hah!

Despite the excellence of my Spanish and Portuguese, it is ridiculous how much of the vocabulary that one needs for a visit to the Doctor's that I do not have. Sign language and descriptions just aren't the thing.

Try it, think about how you would describe a problem that you didn't know the vocabulary for. And I'm not talking a broken leg here.

This has led to some appalling toe-curling and embarrassing visits.
 A way to waste 15 minutes of your life.... - WillDeBeest
Excellent, NoFM. I especially like

A Minister of Health who believes in homeopathy is like a Minister of Transport who believes in broomsticks.
Latest Forum Posts