Non-motoring > Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuu Replies: 10

Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy - Stuu
I knew him must be now 15 years ago, just wondered if anyone had come across him since then. Only references Ive seen are to do with street racing, which doesnt suprise me, alongw ith some rather glowing self-write ups, another non-suprise!
 Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy - Armel Coussine
I saw part of a TV programme on one of those last year or so.

My dear, the noise. And the people!

I don't think I would have liked it much more at 25 either. I might have thought more highly of the project than I do now but the company would have palled pretty early.
 Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy - Old Navy
Didn't impress the French either.

tinyurl.com/36bosh3
I remember as a kid sitting in the boot of some old Citroen he was driving at north of 120 mph on a dual carriageway. Cool when your a kid. As an adult you realise how crazy it was.
 Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy - Dave
Up until a few years ago he had a garage/workshop in Horsham called Japvillage.com. He used to bring over Jap stuff, usualy a bit leary, do them up a bit and move them on. I used to rent part of his workshop and a ramp for my own business.

I bumped into his wife a couple of years ago and she said he was concentrating on the cannonball stuff and trying to get it going in american and canada.
Ah, I did see his son in a few rather loud looking jap cars, I think some wild version of an MR2 so thats prob why.
I expect he is making some coin nowadays if he is mixing with rich types with nice cars. When I first met him he was tinkering with old bits of junk on his driveway.
Ha, I always called him Boycey, and his wife Marlene, obviously.

He liked the loud stuff. He once had an RX7 that he painted pearly pink. He stuck in a triple rotor engine from something else, upgraded injectors and this and that, and promised us it would do 200mph. Oh how we laughed. But the last laugh was on us when he took it to be dynoed and it kicked out 800 HP.
 Tim Porter - Current Cannonball Run guy - Bellboy
wow thats some rolling road
or was it done by calculation seeings as its displacement x3 multiplied by the measurement of your left hand side inner leg divided by the varient of rain or snow
;-)
Nina was a better lookin than Marlene tho.

A man of serious self-confidence if I recall. He seemed larger than life when I was a kid - seems it wasnt much of an illusion.
It looks like he's moved on from the european cannonball and is now concentrating on the US. It also appears he's now called Tim 'Maverick' Porter. I can just picture him thinking up that name for himself. I see he still has the Boycey moustache though.

It was generally well known that it wasn't a good idea to leave him alone with either your car or your wife, as they'd both end up ... (you can guess this word).

I see he still has his Horsham address, so I'll give him a call on Monday.
I never knew him as an adult so cant say about his rep with the ladies. I see his misses is on Facebook but he isnt. Looks like Max is into cars aswell, but with him as a father, I expect it was compulsary :-)
Latest Forum Posts