Non-motoring > Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 12

Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - L'escargot
What happened to this scheme? Is it still in operation? tinyurl.com/38olevn
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Skoda
The only qualification to joining that scheme should be that if you want to be a pace car, you're banned from joining.
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Bellboy
they cant look after their vulnerable kids in that town even with govt help
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - The Nut
What happened to it? Well it was a complete waste of time as the sort of people who would want to be a pace car wouldn't be speeding in the first place so would already be acting as "moile traffic calming". So in effect it's just a way to waste taxpayers money on a couple of publicity events and a bunch of stickers.

Also once again someones using the assumption that the only criteria for safe driving is to obey the speed limit.
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Ian (Cape Town)
The aim being, that because they are driving safely and within the speed limit they will, in effect, act as mobile traffic calming and reduce the speed of traffic around them. This, in turn, will help to reduce road casualties.

Errr, isn't that the job of Plod? We're back to the argument for More Visible Policing, surely?
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - mikeyb
Ahhh. I see a few people in my town with these community pace car stickers and I wondered what they were. Agree though that it looks like a waste of time - it's not like I am going to be a speeding maniac one day, but then by virture of a car sticker will suddenly slow down, so they only uptake must be from people who already stick to the limits
License to be a mimser, IMHO.
Sorry, if you are going to break the law, you'll break it. Some self-righteous tosspot with a sticker isn't going to affect your driving style.
Also, said self-righteous ones will GUARANTEED start taking it upon themselves to start being holier-tahn-thou finger waving nannies.
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Armel Coussine
No, it's worse than that Ian. Most limit-obsessed drivers are mimsers and rubbish anyway. They only want to join schemes like this because they are always in everyone's way and want to make a virtue of necessity. But if given the slightest encouragement, they will start deliberately obstructing other drivers instead of just setting them a crap example.

A few people do this already. They are one of the categories that make a red mist descend and bring out the dormant yobbo in me as a driver. The other category is of drivers who use the wrong lane at junctions, roundabouts etc to get an advantage, then try to push into the right one. I never give an inch with these carphounds. It's surprising how often they get hurt and hard done by looking too. Prats.

You wouldn't like sharing the road with me in yobbo mode, believe me. I often find myself falling into it when I pass through St John's Wood. Did last night actually. A pushy git in a new Prius (more and more of these).

Why is this thread in non-motoring?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 10 Jul 10 at 15:00
>> Why is this thread in non-motoring?
>>

Because I had a senior moment and put it here by mistake .............. :-(
Last edited by: L'escargot on Sun 11 Jul 10 at 07:13
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Pat
And since it is in here I can say...............

I wish you would get up a little earlier L'es, you're always the second one up after me, and I get bored waiting for you some mornings:)

Special people like early mornings!

Pat
 Community Pace Car Scheme in Doncaster - Armel Coussine
What's an 'early morning' when it's at home then? Not the same as a rather late night by any chance?

That's what I'd call it.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 11 Jul 10 at 11:28
I get up according to what my clock says, and I've never reset it since I retrired! What time is it? In fact, what day of the week is it?
Last edited by: L'escargot on Mon 12 Jul 10 at 07:11
>> What time is it? In fact, what day of the week is it?
>>
who are you? and what are you doing in my living room?
Latest Forum Posts