Non-motoring > The new warlord Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

The new warlord - Armel Coussine
Quite amusing piece in today's Terrorflag by the sketch-writer Andrew Gimson on John Prescott's elevation to the peerage, ending with the full text of the first paragraph of his Letters Patent of Creation which, being completely without punctuation, sounds something like a Prescott reply to an awkward parliamentary question. 'Lord Prescott is quicker witted than the pedants who enjoyed scoring off him', Gimson justly observes.

On a small sample of three individuals not dazzled either by the nobility or the rank of Labour minister (self, wife and old Caribbean friend), the ennoblement of Lord Prescott will win wide public approval. We all like the cut of Lady Prescott's jib - indeed I think my Caribbean buddy really fancies her - and we all applauded Prescott's response of a bunch of fives to that prat who egged him. True aristocratic comportment we all thought, unlike the right-wing tabloids which came on all shocked and disgusted at the time and were echoed by their inhibited, mean, petty-bourgeois readers.
 The new warlord - R.P.
I rather took to him after the "Who do you think you are" programme on the BBC - unafraid to hide or forget his roots, he struck a chord with a number of my friends and family in that broadcast - as you say the cut of Lady Prescott's jib is interesting...!
Latest Forum Posts