Non-motoring > FAILED MURDERER. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 27

FAILED MURDERER. - MD
I don't care. I'm posting it.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31540281
 FAILED MURDERER. - Armel Coussine
A nasty mad halfwit, one of many.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Bromptonaut
Nothing wrong with posting that MD. It demonstrates the point repeatedly made previously that nutters with a pre-disposition to violence and who claim to have converted are grossly over represented amongst those committing/attempting terror outrages.

It tells us nothing about Islam or about Ziamini's race.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Ambo
>>"We will implement it, it's part of our religion."

He has at least something of a case. Islam claims to be a religion of peace but - regardless of political correctitude - it has a warlike tradition, demonstrated over the centuries. In our own times (as in today, February 19th.) this tradition is all too obviously active. If the atrocities being committed are contrary to the tenets of the religion I would expect more vociferous condemnation from its governing body.

>> I would expect more vociferous condemnation from its governing body.

I don't think there is a governing body, not even witihn either of the two main sects.
 FAILED MURDERER. - CGNorwich
Interestingly but not necessarily relevantly he was brought up as as a Jehova's witness and only became a a radicalised muslim in his teenage years. When he became a muslim he was rejected by his family.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Cliff Pope

>>
>> It tells us nothing about Islam or about Ziamini's race.
>>

No-oh, but the fact that not many people who join the Cof E feel inspired to chop heads off soldiers perhaps says something about that church or the Archbish. ?
 FAILED MURDERER. - Ambo
I don't know whether they can be said to govern (rather than advise) but there are organisations at national level, such as the Muslim Council of Britain.
>> I don't know whether they can be said to govern (rather than advise) but there
>> are organisations at national level, such as the Muslim Council of Britain.

Like this you mean?

www.mcb.org.uk/chapel-hill-copenhagen-muslim-council-britain-decries-week-hatred-bloodshed/

As I've said previously they regularly comment and condemn. They should not though be expected to apologise and certainly not at every verse end as some here seem to think.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Haywain
"As I've said previously they regularly comment and condemn."

Yes, but is there a C of E equivalent to those who preach jihad? I think the crusades went out of fashion, even before AC was born ;-)
 FAILED MURDERER. - madf
I suspect the CofE would throw out anyone who advocated mass murder... but as the Catholic Church accepted Tony Blair after Iraq - and he has never repented- then maybe not.
>> Yes, but is there a C of E equivalent to those who preach jihad?

No, that's a pretty silly comparison. OTOH the Lords Resistance Army in NE Africa combines Christian theology with local nationalism to justify its terrorism. It's not alone.
"No, that's a pretty silly comparison."

Not really - I'm talking about the UK, not Africa. I can't think that the Lords Resistance Army features much on the UK religious scene - well, certainly not in Suffolk; maybe things are different in Northamptonshire?
 FAILED MURDERER. - Fursty Ferret
I think I'd rather take the tiny chance of having my head* lopped off in public and instead see the enormous resources that are poured into anti-terror (police, GCHQ, MI5, MI6 etc) redistributed towards education and healthcare.

* Or your head, I suppose. On balance, actually, I'd prefer that.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Thu 19 Feb 15 at 19:51
 FAILED MURDERER. - Robin O'Reliant
>> I think I'd rather take the tiny chance of having my head* lopped off in
>> public and instead see the enormous resources that are poured into anti-terror (police, GCHQ, MI5, MI6 etc) redistributed towards education and healthcare.
>>
>>
Then again, perhaps it is only a tiny chance because of the enormous resources...
 FAILED MURDERER. - MD
There WAS another way but it's tooooooo late.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Zero
>> There WAS another way but it's tooooooo late.

Like running off to the wilds and whining from afar you mean?

Nothing worse than a whiner with no balls.
 FAILED MURDERER. - MD
Clearly you know your subject.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Fursty Ferret
>> >> I think I'd rather take the tiny chance of having my head* lopped off
>> in
>> >> public and instead see the enormous resources that are poured into anti-terror (police, GCHQ,
>> MI5, MI6 etc) redistributed towards education and healthcare.
>> >>
>> >>
>> Then again, perhaps it is only a tiny chance because of the enormous resources...
>>

Fortunately I don't read the Daily Mail and therefore don't consider every Muslim in the country a potential terrorist.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Zero
Why is everyone wailing and moaning? Throughout my working career in London from the early 70's to recently, the IRA was truing to blow me to bits. They failed then, just as IS loonies will mostly fail now.
 FAILED MURDERER. - MD
I wish I had your Faith J.
>> Why is everyone wailing and moaning? Throughout my working career in London from the early
>> 70's to recently, the IRA was truing to blow me to bits. They failed then,
>> just as IS loonies will mostly fail now.

Spot on Z. I worked in London from 1979 until 2013. The IRA on a few occasions and the Islamists on 07/07/05 caused me a wee bit of inconvenience.

Was always home for my dinner though.
 FAILED MURDERER. - Armel Coussine
>> a wee bit of inconvenience.

>> Was always home for my dinner though.

Quite right, right on chaps.

There are people who think they're our enemies and act accordingly. Fortunately we have several layers of good security, so they aren't usually a threat to most of us.

But they want to be, and sometimes they are.
"I worked in London from 1979 until 2013."

Yes, yes, yes, and I used to drink in the 'Tavern in the Town' in Brum in the early/mid 70s but, as Richard Thompson sings, "Old Ali Baba, he's a different species". (Dad's gonna kill me)
 FAILED MURDERER. - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Spot on Z. I worked in London from 1979 until 2013. The IRA on a
>> few occasions and the Islamists on 07/07/05 caused me a wee bit of inconvenience.
>>

In about 1972 I was detailed to go and meet a client at Heathrow. There was a big IRA scare on at the time.
I sat in the waiting area next to a friendly talkative man, who after a while got up and said, just watch my bag for a moment, and walked off to the loos.
I began thinking about unattended luggage etc, and realised the man had a faint Irish accent,
What should I do - report it and cause a major incident, or what?
While I was cogitating, the man returned and resumed the conversation.

Needless to say he was completely innocent. But what would you have done?
 FAILED MURDERER. - Manatee

>> Needless to say he was completely innocent. But what would you have done?

Had I thought of it at the time, I would have suggested he take it with him it he didn't want it blown up in a controlled explosion, which is presumably what would have happened had you reported it!
 FAILED MURDERER. - VxFan
When I first saw the subject header I thought it was to do with who murdered Lucy Beale.
 FAILED MURDERER. - CGNorwich
It woz BOBBY
Latest Forum Posts