Non-motoring > HTC-like keyboard for Samsung phone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 2

HTC-like keyboard for Samsung phone - Focusless
Another thread has reminded me...

My work Samsung S4 is much more powerful, and bigger, than my own HTC Desire C, but I find the latter much easier to type on due to its keyboard. The HTC's default layout combines letters and symbols on the same keyboard eg. you want a hyphen, you hold down the N key; I very rarely have to switch to one of the other layouts.

But on the Samsung, the only symbol you get on the default layout is a full stop; you can't even get a comma without holding down the full stop to bring up the punctuation selection box and selecting from that. It's a (relative) PITA.

Am I missing something? And if not, can anyone recommend an app that will give me an HTC-like keyboard on my Samsung?
 HTC-like keyboard for Samsung phone - Zero
Your sammy is displaying the standard Android keyboard. The HTC one is tweaked. Loads of alternate keyboards on the play store. try any one there you like.
 HTC-like keyboard for Samsung phone - Focusless
Thanks. I couldn't configure the first 2 as HTC-like, but the 3rd looks more promising, albeit a bit buggy - holding a letter key down sometimes displays the associated symbol, sometimes doesn't. I'll stick with it for a while and see how it goes.

The pop-up warning that non-standard keyboards can record all your keystrokes is also a bit worrying, although the ones I've tried say they don't. So that's ok :)
Latest Forum Posts