Non-motoring > Power bills significant saving Miscellaneous
Thread Author: martin aston Replies: 4

Power bills significant saving - martin aston
Sorry for spam-like title but following an alert from a site I subscribe to I checked if I could reduced my costs. I didn't have high hopes as I'm already online, dual fuel and did a full check about 8 months ago which supported my present deal. However it seems the recent lower energy prices are actually feeding through to consumers and I found I could get a deal at about 20% less. My absolute maximum saving would have entailed a supplier change (no big deal but I do like my supplier's website and consumption history tools) so I achieved pretty much the same by moving instantly to a new tariff with my existing supplier. So for anyone who hasn't changed in the last few months it's worth running a check to see what can be achieved by way of savings. You might be surprised.
 Power bills significant saving - smokie
This recent thread gave some cautions about the comparison sites.

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?f=5&t=19073
 Power bills significant saving - Ambo
I found it was a nightmare getting away from a company called something like Almeida.

I made a significant saving of 33% of gas consumption in the quarter ending January, compared with the same period last year, by converting to a fully pumped system. I have no idea of the technicalities involved but it means it was longer necessary to heat up the whole tank to get enough hot water into the radiators. Electricity consumption was down by 12%, presumably in part due to less frequent use of the pump. Admittedly the quarter was warmer than last year but a lot must be down to the conversion.

I can't comment on the cost as it was done for a favour.

Power bills significant saving - bathtub tom
Thanks for the 'heads up' ma.

I've just done a comparison and found I can make savings of around £100/year by changing supplier.

Contacted my present supplier and was told I could change to a new, cheaper tariff without invoking their exit fee, despite being on a fixed price/ fixed ending date tariff. The resulting costs would be within a few quid of the lowest priced competitor.

I've instructed them to put me on the new tariff, let's see if it works!

Power bills significant saving - martin aston
Sorry folks I didnt spot the other current thread. Goodness knows how I missed it. Mods might want to close this one or amalgamate it into the other one? Meanwhile re comparison sites I use Moneysavingexpert and have found it good for lots of consumer issues. I've no connection with them.
Latest Forum Posts