Non-motoring > The Footy Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bromptonaut Replies: 16

The Footy - Bromptonaut
Well the FA Cup 4th round's produced some shockers and not just yesterday's draw at Cambridge.

Chelsea fall AT HOME to the mighty Bradford City. Spurs and Man City out too to Leicester and Middlesbrough respectively.

The Lad's not celebrating until Liverpool are home and dry tomorrow.....

And I'm posting this not even though I'm not interested in the game.
 The Footy - Stuartli
>>The Lad's not celebrating until Liverpool are home and dry tomorrow.....>>

In fact Bolton are all over Liverpool at Anfield at the moment...:-)
 The Footy - Bromptonaut
>> The Lad's not celebrating until Liverpool are home and dry tomorrow....

Should read tonight 20 mins played at fortress Anfield and it's 0-0.

The Footy - Zero

>> fortress Anfield?

not been that for a long time.
 The Footy - Bromptonaut
>>
>> >> fortress Anfield?
>>
>> not been that for a long time.

Well not since last season.
 The Footy - Zero
>> >>
>> >> >> fortress Anfield?
>> >>
>> >> not been that for a long time.
>>
>>
>> Well not since last season.

or the seasons before that. Part time fortress.
 The Footy - Robin O'Reliant
Wait for tomorrows papers.

It will all be "Disgraceful refs", poor pitches, lower league teams daring to play well" etc etc.
 The Footy - Haywain
""Disgraceful refs", poor pitches ..........."

According to the Telegraph, van Gaal has already come out with that! What a hoot!
 The Footy - bathtub tom
With regards to Cambridge...................

It's been suggested that if a major league team were drawn against a minnow, then it would be in that major league team's interest to draw the game, if it was played away. Because, let's say the minnow's stadium could only hold 8,000 people at £10/head against the major league team's stadium of 80,000 at £20/head. The replay could then nett £1.6M against the earlier round at £80K.

Hardly worth the lard-assed, balding, granny shagging players turning up?
 The Footy - Robin O'Reliant
>> With regards to Cambridge...................
>>
>> It's been suggested that if a major league team were drawn against a minnow, then
>> it would be in that major league team's interest to draw the game, if it
>> was played away. Because, let's say the minnow's stadium could only hold 8,000 people at
>> £10/head against the major league team's stadium of 80,000 at £20/head. The replay could then
>> nett £1.6M against the earlier round at £80K.
>>
>>
The last thing on earth the big clubs need at this busy point in the season is to get bogged down with replayed matches, especially against lower division teams who are probably going to try and kick the crap out of them anyway.
 The Footy - mikeyb
Bristol City v West Ham tomorrow.

Never really been into the football, but taken the boys to a couple of matches recently and quite enjoyed it. No tickets left for tomorrow so will be watching on the beeb
 The Footy - Ted

Dismayed by the performance of our lot today. I don't think Aguero's up to it yet after his injury but there was no sparkling play from the others.

Come back YaYa and welcome Wilfried Bony. We need you..

Chelsea next week.......we'll have to do a lot better. I might ring up and offer to turn out for them, I've got an Etihad T shirt !
 The Footy - rtj70
Saw a 0 - 0 draw at the Stadium of Light earlier today. Sunderland played better in the second half with the 10 men they had left on the pitch. They were poor in the first half.

I was surprised by some of the other results though! The Man City score was being talked about before the end of the Sunderland game by some. And then we looked at the Chelsea score. Unbelievable.
 The Footy - Zero
>> Saw a 0 - 0 draw at the Stadium of Light

Never has a place been less aptly named.
 The Footy - rtj70
>> Never has a place been less aptly named.

Are you referring to the reference to miners and the Davy lamp?
 The Footy - Haywain
"The last thing on earth the big clubs need at this busy point in the season is to get bogged down with replayed matches, especially against lower division teams who are probably going to try and kick the crap out of them anyway."

Agreed.
 The Footy - Boxsterboy
>> Well the FA Cup 4th round's produced some shockers and not just yesterday's draw at
>> Cambridge.
>>
>> Chelsea fall AT HOME to the mighty Bradford City. Spurs and Man City out too
>> to Leicester and Middlesbrough respectively.
>>

Not to mention Southampton and Tottenham losing too. Easy run for a***nal now, I think.
Latest Forum Posts