Non-motoring > Floor sander abrasives - quality
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 10

Floor sander abrasives - quality - Mapmaker
Last time I sanded a floor, I hired from HSS and bought their sanding sheets. Now I have a floor sander of my own... does anybody know anything about the quality of available abrasive paper?

Floor sander abrasives - quality - devonite
Why would anyone buy a floor sander??
My American Oak hardwood floor is gauranteed for 30 years, yet can only be sanded by machine 3 times, ten years is a lot of time for it to be sat in a cupboard between sandings! or are you planning on hiring it out?
 Floor sander abrasives - quality - rtj70
When we had the floor boards sanded in our previous house, the cost per room was less than hiring the sander and buying all the sanding belts etc. And someone else did the work. It was a while ago though.
Why buy one?

Because it was second hand. Because there's a whole house to do, and because two friends also have whole houses to do.

Can you not ask at a hire place about sanding belts to work out what you need and then buy them somewhere cheaper?
I know what I need, the question is about quality. I can go to HSS to buy them too.
 Floor sander abrasives - quality - MrTee43
Anything with 3M written on it !
>> I know what I need, the question is about quality

Sounds like you don't know what you need otherwise you'd not be asking the question. :-)

(note the smiley)
 Floor sander abrasives - quality - FotheringtonTomas
>> does anybody know anything about the quality of available abrasive paper?

It varies.
 Floor sander abrasives - quality - Bellboy
chuck a bagosand on each floor and have a house party with lots of dancing
stipulate clogs must be worn at all times though..
 Floor sander abrasives - quality - Dog
Some interesting info can be had here ~ www.woodenfloors.co.uk/1/hereshow_floor_sanding.pdf
Latest Forum Posts