Non-motoring > Eyeball tattoo anyone? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: CGNorwich Replies: 24

Eyeball tattoo anyone? - CGNorwich

Exactly what is the appeal?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-30750361
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Stuartli
Makes me cringe just to think about it. Yet I know two people who have had to have eye injections recently and they have come through OK. I doubt I'd still be in the same room within nano seconds if anyone attempted to give me an eye injection.....
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Ted

I've had injections into the eyeball. At least the NHS do splash the eye with a local anaesthetic.

No problems at my end of the needle...better than going blind.

They do use a man-sized 16mm needle as well so no danger of being thought a wimp !
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Focusless
>> Exactly what is the appeal?

Don't know about you but I feel the same about the more innocuous nose and chin studs. Perhaps we're just getting old :)
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Roger.
I abhor any kind of tattoo or visible piercing. I have never worn a ring or any other decorative device. (Even when I was young!)
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Focusless
Even earrings Roger? I don't mind them, although I don't ever remember thinking they've looked good on a man.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - bathtub tom
Bodily mutilation is usually inversely proportional to a person's intelligence.

I don't know if that's a quote, but certainly something I've heard before.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - No FM2R
>>I abhor any kind of tattoo or visible piercing.

At least the majority of piercings can be removed. It is quite amazing just how many girls have such large tattoos here.

I saw one girl this morning, an otherwise attractive mid 20ish girl wearing shorts and a t-shirt; down the front of one leg she had an entire figure of what I think was supposed to be Grim Reaper or similar, and across her back a huge double eagle wing spread.

Awful. Absolutely awful.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4zRe_wvJw8
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Armel Coussine
>> I have never worn a ring or any other decorative device. (Even when I was young!)

Uptight mo'fo... Chill out Rastaman FFS...
I suppose pierced earlobes (only on females) is OK for earrings. NOT the multiple piercings all the way up the outer ear.
I could never get over the Latino practice of piercing female infants ears, at baby stage and fitting gold sleepers. Often it's the only way to tell the sex of a swaddled infant in a pram!
I have never worn a wedding ring, or possessed one.
(We were married on 01/02/1969 - so it HAS lasted,despite the absence of a visible sign of servitude!)
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Bromptonaut
>> I have never worn a wedding ring, or possessed one.
>> (We were married on 01/02/1969 - so it HAS lasted,despite the absence of a visible
>> sign of servitude!)

There's a generational and possibly culture/religion thing with men and wedding rings. My Father, married in 1951 in a CofE ceremony, never wore one throughout 44yrs of marriage. Neither do I remember other men of his generation wearing them. ISTR some men regarded them as a sign of effeminacy.

Shunt forward a generation and practically all my married male friends and colleagues wear one.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - sherlock47
>> I have never worn a wedding ring, or possessed one.

If you are in the habit of doing car maintenance or working with low voltage high current electrics you should NEVER wear metallic hand or wrist jewellry.

Only when you have seen a length of of oil pressure pipe turn red hot from accidental battery contact will the message become forcefully recorded in your grey matter.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - Zero
>> >> I have never worn a wedding ring, or possessed one.
>>
>>
>> If you are in the habit of doing car maintenance or working with low voltage
>> high current electrics you should NEVER wear metallic hand or wrist jewellry.

any electrics!

>> Only when you have seen a length of of oil pressure pipe turn red hot
>> from accidental battery contact will the message become forcefully recorded in your grey matter.

Seen a finger left on a piece of rebar at a building site.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - henry k
Sadly all part of the learning curve.

I suspect many of us have seen ( minor ) results of such accidents.
Holes in side cutters " cos I did not know the cable was live!"
Wearing a tie near anything rotating is less of a problem these days.
One minor event I do recall while tarting up the engine bay with the engine running.
I was using a piece of old shirt when it was grabbed and flung round
Murphy's law came into effect, the sole button the shirt remnant hit and punctured the radiator.
Just pride hurt!

I've never worn any bling since I started messing around with cars and machinery.

We were camping in Ullapool, idly watching a crane lifting a fork lift out of the harbour. The driver had gone over with it and was trapped by a signet ring catching somewhere. He tore his little finger off to escape drowning !

Not only bling...my neighbour's son suddenly shouted out and jumped while I was talking to him. Turned out he had one of those 9 volt batteries in his trouser pocket and a 10p coin had shorted it out, glowing red hot.

I was cleaning an inlet valve, using the wire brush on the bench grinder when it was grabbed by the bristles. It shot out and hit me in the open eye at about 30mph. I assume it was the head that hit me as I'm sure the other end would have destroyed my eyeball ! My eye clouded straight away and was like that for a few days. Ruddy well hurt as well !

Now it's goggles anytime I switch the thing on ! I don't stand in line with the brush now, either. Familiarity breeds etc.

I have a couple of pairs of side cutters with the obligatory holes in them...I must say, it makes them better cable strippers !
Probably not all that amazing since there are threads here about everything under the sun, but a coincidence anyway:

Some months ago, perhaps a year or more, I lost the gold wedding ring Herself gave me some time after we were married. It slipped off the finger somehow and I didn't know where. Looked for it everywhere - I suspected the car - but all over the place here too. I liked the ring and felt very bad at losing it although Herself didn't grumble being a calm and rational person.

Today she walked in holding it up. Our son-in-law had found it in the woodshed, trampled down into the bark, mud and so on under the logs. I am extremely chuffed.
My father didn't wear rings thinking them a bit spiv and vulgar on a man. But after my mother died he wore her wedding ring on his left little finger.

When his time came we buried him wearing the ring and his glasses, to the undertaker's surprise.
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - MD
Class AC.
Sentimental old git:-)
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - CGNorwich
www.technocrazed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Worst-Tattoo-examples20.jpg
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - madf
>> www.technocrazed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Worst-Tattoo-examples20.jpg
>>

Janus is alive and well..
Does that mean his anus is at the front?
 Eyeball tattoo anyone? - BiggerBadderDave
"Exactly what is the appeal?"

Utterly vile. I want to gag when I look at that image. Truly, truly awful - a ginger.

Fantastic tattoo though.
Latest Forum Posts