Non-motoring > BT Sport Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 41

BT Sport - BobbyG
Anyone here got BT Sport? How does it work with regards to watching it officially on a PC?

F-I-L has BT broadband, BT TV and BT Sport. Is there a way that he can also watch it on a laptop?

Am sure this was one of the selling points when it first launched but struggling to see it listed anywhere on the web?
 BT Sport - Focusless
www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/manage-broadband-extras/#get-the-bt-sport-app-and-online-player
?

(I'm assuming the 'online player' works on laptop/PC)
Last edited by: Focusless on Fri 2 Jan 15 at 13:27
 BT Sport - sherlock47
sport.bt.com/watch-bt-sport-01363810618853

Many ways to login - he will just need his primary BT email address and password.

It means that you can watch it if he trusts you with his password.

Worth a years subscription for yesterdays game alone!

You can also get an Android app for your tablet or phone.
Last edited by: sherlock47 on Fri 2 Jan 15 at 13:28
 BT Sport - Pat
We've got it Bobby and the way we watch it on a laptop is to log into your BT account on the laptop you should then be able to find BT Sport on their website and choose which programme you want.

They have stopped broadcasting it over terrestrial TV aerials since January 2015 though so gave everyone a free Chromecast to compensate.!

Pat
Last edited by: Pat on Fri 2 Jan 15 at 13:30
 BT Sport - BobbyG
cheers for the prompt replies guys - will take a look at it for him.

Thanks
 BT Sport - BobbyG
all sorted now, thanks for the advice, don't you just love old folk and computers!!

Could not get his details to work though he was adamant they were correct so had to hit the "forgotten username" link.

Turns out he had put his email address in correctly but had started it with "www."

BT Sport - Roger.
I've just, two minutes ago, completed an on-line order to change from TalkTalk fibre BB + phone to BT Infinity + phone + free BT sport.
This happily, retains my telephone number, so that's a bit of hassle removed.
There's a good deal at the moment from BT, of unlimited, traffic unshaped, fibre for £10 a month for 12 months, plus a £125 Sainsbury's voucher. (This is really only worth £95, as there is a £30 activation fee charged by BT).
I've opted to pay the 12 months line rental in advance to save a bit more.
After the 12 months the fibre charge doubles, so next January it's back to seeking another deal from the market.
The BT sport option is free, but as I have all the TV connections (Freeview & Freesat on our smart TV) I could want, it will only be available online on laptop, or tablet.
The big attraction for me is the coverage of Aviva Premiership Rugby Union!
 BT Sport - Focusless
>> There's a good deal at the moment from BT, of unlimited, traffic unshaped, fibre for
>> £10 a month for 12 months, plus a £125 Sainsbury's voucher.

Where's that Roger? The BT website has 20GB limited for £7.50, and unlimited for £18 per month, plus line rental and activation.
 BT Sport - Roger.
Via u switch. deal is second one down

Apologies for the huge URL, but BT think tinyURL is a phishig site!

www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?
topicId=37337&s_cid=con_cic_aff_affwin_vidAJM_broadband&vendorid=AJM
&utm_source=Affwin&utm_medium=Ref&utm_campaign=Affiliate&awc=304
1_1420223850_b32933fa52af219d93d562f108721a8c
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 3 Jan 15 at 17:27
 BT Sport - Duncan
Cancelled
Last edited by: Duncan on Fri 2 Jan 15 at 19:07
 BT Sport - Focusless
>> Via u switch. deal is second one down

Thanks Roger. The discount(/contract) we got with Sky as a result of them taking over O2 has just ended, and looking to switch to a fibre package...
 BT Sport - Focusless
>> >> Via u switch. deal is second one down
>>
>> Thanks Roger. The discount(/contract) we got with Sky as a result of them taking over
>> O2 has just ended, and looking to switch to a fibre package...

Just signed up with Plusnet. Not that much in it, but it's a bit cheaper and should be getting £141 Topcashback (no activation fee). 18 month contract though; not bothered about not having BT Sport.
 BT Sport - Roger.

>> Just signed up with Plusnet. Not that much in it, but it's a bit cheaper
>> and should be getting £141 Topcashback (no activation fee). 18 month contract though; not bothered
>> about not having BT Sport.
>>

Our deal breaker with Plus Net was that our TalkTalk phone number would have to be changed, but with BT we can retain it.

Funny that, as Plus Net is part of the BT group :-)

We don't have any cashback accounts, so a net (after taking out the £30 BT activation fee) £95 Sainsbury's voucher is a good freebie.

I have been very happy with TalkTalk, but their latest round of price increases, both on line rental and anytime calls "boost" (from £5 to £7.50 per month) was too much to swallow.

As I said, this BT deal is good value for 12 months, but after that, the fibre element at least doubles, so next December I'll start looking for a better deal.
 BT Sport - Focusless
>> Our deal breaker with Plus Net was that our TalkTalk phone number would have to
>> be changed, but with BT we can retain it.

Rang up Sky to cancel subscription. As expected, they came up with an offer to keep me - 12 months for £5 before 6 months at normal £20 plus £60 credit to account. Then pointed out that Plusnet hadn't contacted them yet, implying (according to him) Plusnet were going to install a new line rather than keep my old line and number.

So I rang Plusnet - ah, he said, we need a MAC code if you want to keep your number.

Rang Sky to ask for a MAC code - computer says no. According to them I'm an SVBN customer, ie. normal ("like 50 million others"), who don't need MAC codes, and he couldn't give me one.

Ho hum. Back to Plusnet, after I've put the spuds on :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Sun 4 Jan 15 at 17:13
 BT Sport - PhilW
"coverage of Aviva Premiership Rugby Union"

And (in case you didn't already know) if you miss any games, full match replays are available on the Aviva site here
www.premiershiprugby.tv/FullMatchReplays

I shall be at Tigers v Bath on Sunday - could be a cracker although the way Bath are playing this year we might get a stuffing!
 BT Sport - Roger.
I did not know that!

Many thanks for the link.
 BT Sport - Bromptonaut
>> I shall be at Tigers v Bath on Sunday - could be a cracker although
>> the way Bath are playing this year we might get a stuffing!

Rugby was something that was done to me at school. Not quite in league of sexual abuse but I cannot watch game without thinking of just wanting the pain of games lessons to end.

OTOH brother out law and Leicester cousins are Tigers fans and just occasionally The Saints give the Northampton branch bragging rights.
 BT Sport - Duncan
>> OTOH brother out law and Leicester cousins are Tigers fans and just occasionally The Saints
>> give the Northampton branch bragging rights.
>>

This season and for a couple of seasons, it's more often been the other way round.

Quins.
 BT Sport - sooty123
>> "coverage of Aviva Premiership Rugby Union"

Now that's one thing I've never been able to get into, watched a few games of union. But it's never done anything for me, possibly being brought up on RL put me off.
 BT Sport - Roger.
Played it at school - made the 1st. XV + colours - played (prop or second row) it at Nottingham Technical College, where after a few pre-match pints of Bass and a couple of cheese & raw onion rolls - the scrum was, shall we say, "fragrant"!
 BT Sport - Duncan
>> I shall be at Tigers v Bath on Sunday - could be a cracker although
>> the way Bath are playing this year we might get a stuffing!
>>

Well, you didn't get a stuffing. In fact four points out of it and nothing for Bath. We (Quins) are playing Leicester on Saturday. Will you be there? I will.
 BT Sport - PhilW
"Well, you didn't get a stuffing. In fact four points out of it and nothing for Bath. We (Quins) are playing Leicester on Saturday. Will you be there? I will"

Won't be there Duncan but will be watching on BT Sport!
Should be a good one - Quins with home advantage and Tigers (at last!!) coming into a bit of form!
Always find Quins a good side to watch - especially with old man Easter playing as well as ever!
Have been to the Stoop a couple of times but several (OK, many!) years ago.
Hope you have a good day and may the best team win in an entertaining game!
Good day for us today - was not optimistic at start but we ( Mrs W always says "Why "we" - were you playing?!!!") put in a typically dogged performance.
Just wish we could get some more of our injured back and show a bit of originality in the back play - all a bit stodgy.
Can't complain though - been a member for 20 odd years and rarely a season without something to cheer about! And if not, at least a pint or two after the game and a bit of banter with oppo supporters on the Terrace!
Cheers!
P
 BT Sport - Roger.
I just wish we had a GOOD R.U. team within a reasonable distance from here.
Whether I could afford to go to games is another matter!
 BT Sport - PhilW
"We (Quins) are playing Leicester on Saturday. Will you be there? I will."

Duncan,
Enjoy the game tomorrow - may the best team win as long as it is Tigers! ;-)
If you ever get up to Welford Road, join us for a bit of banter and cheering on the Terrace and be assured that a couple of pints of Tiger Bitter awaits you in the Droglites Bar.
P
 BT Sport - Stuartli
>>They have stopped broadcasting it over terrestrial TV aerials since January 2015 though so gave everyone a free Chromecast to compensate.!>>

Yet both BT channels are still listed on Freeview (from Winter Hill) and remain so even with a re-tune....:-)
 BT Sport - Pat
BT gave a date in January in the letter we had, but I can't remember when it was Stuart!

Pat
 BT Sport - Stuartli
No worries - I'm not with BT..:-)

However, I did switch my legacy TalkTalk Anytime UK and International phone calls, plus broadband, a couple of months ago to the Essentials TV, 38Mb fibre broadband, plus line rental package on the basis that I got all the discounts available on an 18 month contract.

Willingly accepted. My latest bill is just over £19, including line rental at £16.70, some £10 less than I was paying before...:-) What's more I haven't even bothered with the TV side as I have Now TV plus all the apps necessary to view Catch Up TV on various devices...:-)

What's more, when I pay upfront rather than waiting for the cost to be take via Direct Debit, I get a 10 per cent discount. It used to be 15 per cent.....

BT Sport - Pat
Just had another email from BT

'The Digital Terrestrial Television signal that broadcasts BT Sport 2 will be switched off on Monday 12 January, meaning you will no longer be able to watch it on your TV through your TV aerial. This means you will only be able to watch the channel on your compatible TV via your new Chromecast.'

They can stuff it!

We've bought a smart TV, a sound bar ( to watch my AC/DC vids on) and will subscribe to MotoGP via their own website.

...and leave BT asap.

Pat
 BT Sport - Bromptonaut
>> Just had another email from BT
>>
>> 'The Digital Terrestrial Television signal that broadcasts BT Sport 2 will be switched off on
>> Monday 12 January, meaning you will no longer be able to watch it on your
>> TV through your TV aerial.

Seems a regular risk with DTTV Pat. We had one of the early card/box combos, cannot recall the brand now, mainly for cycling on Eurosport. Six months later the whole set up was recast to broadcast what was essentially a timeshift service.
 BT Sport - Zero

>> TV through your TV aerial. This means you will only be able to watch the
>> channel on your compatible TV via your new Chromecast.'
>>
>> They can stuff it!
>>
>> We've bought a smart TV, a sound bar ( to watch my AC/DC vids on)
>> and will subscribe to MotoGP via their own website.
>>
>> ...and leave BT asap.

Give the chromecast a try - its very good.
 BT Sport - Pat
We have, and it is.

The thing is we refuse to be held to ransom by BT being the 'only' form broadcasting MotoGP.

By doing it direct from the MotoGp website we can then get phone and broadband from wherever we want.

We don't watch any other sport, and I signed up for 18 months with BT in January 2014.

I expect to get what I signed up for, for 18 months, wouldn't you?

Pat
 BT Sport - CGNorwich
Looking at the Moto Gp website it looks as though they will only show live timing and live audio commentary. It looks as though BT are indeed the only way you can watch live TV coverage.
 BT Sport - Pat
That is so, but it can be recorded as we often have to do now and the commentators are far superior.

Pat
 BT Sport - Stuartli
>>Give the chromecast a try - its very good. >>

...and so is NowTV. In fact it's tremendous value for money for the Entertainment Pass alone.
 BT Sport - Roger.
I have a Samsung "smart" TV and one of the available applications is BT Sport.
Out of idle curiosity I tried it last night and it worked - I was able to see some Premiership Rugby.
Now - I'm not on BT Infinity until Friday this week, (the hardware goodies arrived today - it seems it's self set-up), so is this a deal Samsung have with BT?
 BT Sport - Roger.
It only takes one day without the internet to realise how much one uses it!
BT Infinity was supposed to be live yesterday, Friday, but failed to go live until today.
A "help" centre wasn't, - saying Monday before the Openreach engineers could do their bit, but we were nicely surprised returning home from a visit to relatives, a few minutes ago, to see the welcome blue light from the BT Hub5!
Speed is slightly better than TalkTalk.

www.speedtest.net/my-result/4067258119
 BT Sport - Stuartli
>>Speed is slightly better than TalkTalk.>>

Interesting that. I moved up to Fibre Medium with TalkTalk about six weeks ago and got 38Mb on the button from the start - best is 42.42Mb....:-)

I'm getting it for half price (£5) for the next 18 months, along with half price Essentials (£4.25) for the same period after agreeing/hard negotiating a new contract....!!

Mind you the BT cabinet is only round the corner.......
 BT Sport - Roger.
The BT Openreach cabinet is about 6/700metres away from Chez Roger.
 BT Sport - Bromptonaut
I'm contemplating Infinity but we're a quarter mile from the cabinet to which the fibre runs.

Not sure it's going to be that much of an advance on current ADSL2 as (excepting The Lad being home) we don't stream much other than time shifted TV or Radio.
 BT Sport - Roger.
You should get decent speeds if the cabinet is only a quarter of a mile from your house.
It does help if you use BBC iPlayer et al.
Why not give Infinity a try out for a 12 month contract - there are decent offers at the moment?
I fully intend to shop around when my 12 month deal is up (at the tenner a month for Infinity).

BTW - what's a quarter of a mile in today's linear measurements ? :-)

Funnily enough for me, as a old codger, I'm more at home with kilometres and kilos.
10 years in Spain HAS rubbed off a bit, you know :-)
 BT Sport - Runfer D'Hills
What's more, you referred to your house recently as "Chez Roger". You might in fact be a natural European.

;-)
 BT Sport - Roger.
Mierda!
Latest Forum Posts