Non-motoring > Any Footie fans here? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 25

Any Footie fans here? - MD
Cause for concern maybe.

rt.com/news/217231-qatar-workers-death-2014/
 Any Footie fans here? - Robin O'Reliant
What's happening in Qatar is nothing to do with football, but with the corrupt b'stewards who run the world governing body - an organisation who understand or care little about the game and exist purely to make money.
 Any Footie fans here? - MD
That much I do understand RR, but Hell's Teeth! If the numbers are anywhere near true.
 Any Footie fans here? - Haywain
"What's happening in Qatar is nothing to do with football, "

Pretty much as RoR says ……… I'll be going down to watch my local non-league side (in the Ryman Premier, just) on Boxing Day. FIFA is a crooked fiasco.
 Any Footie fans here? - Zero
I'm not sure that Fifa or the world cup will survive to make it to Quatar. If it does survive I doubt the World Cup will be played there.
 Any Footie fans here? - Bromptonaut
Not a fan at all but I heard aa sports bulletin including names Torres, Petr Cech and Brendan Rogers plus words 'no comment'.

As a close relative of a Liverpool devotee I'm hiding sharp objects.......
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Wed 24 Dec 14 at 22:14
 Any Footie fans here? - Ian (Cape Town)
Makes our 2010 debacle pale into insignificance.
 Any Footie fans here? - helicopter
The Qataris last attempt at organising a football finals did not go well.....
particularly the final- I know cos I was there and saw what an absolute fiasco it was....

www.theguardian.com/football/2011/feb/06/qatar-asian-cup-world-cup-2022
 Any Footie fans here? - Boxsterboy
I enjoyed watching Chelsea beat West Ham at Stamford Bridge today and as a footie fan i wish England and a few others would withdraw from FIFA and set up their own tournament.
 Any Footie fans here? - No FM2R
Spoilers, you swine! Match of the Day (my treat, and I'm saving two bottles of London Pride for it) isn't on until 11:00pm.
>> I enjoyed watching Chelsea beat West Ham at Stamford Bridge today
>>

Right, that's you off my Xmas card list :-(
 Any Footie fans here? - Fullchat
Hull City managed to drag themselves off the bottom of the Premiership with a 3-1 win against Sunderland. Will have to work a tad harder in the second half of the season to get away from the bottom.
>> I enjoyed watching Chelsea beat West Ham at Stamford Bridge today

I think fat sam thought this was unwinable, and wanted to keep his powder dry for the a*** at home
 Any Footie fans here? - CGNorwich
Fat Sam?

I think you mean enlarged physical condition caused by a completely natural genetically-induced hormone imbalance Sam. ;-)
 Any Footie fans here? - Stuartli
Sam Allardyce (who was an excellent player himself in his time) is probably far more fit than 80 per cent or more of those who post in these forums...:-)
>> Sam Allardyce (who was an excellent player himself in his time) is probably far more
>> fit than 80 per cent or more of those who post in these forums...:-)

I haven't had to have a triple heart bypass cos i ate all the pies.
When you are fan, you can call the manager what the hell you like.
 Any Footie fans here? - Runfer D'Hills
And when you are not a fan, you tend not to begin to understand why anyone would give a flying fig why it even slightly mattered if one bunch of overpaid oiks managed to kick a ball more effectively than the other bunch of overpaid oiks while being observed by people with apparently little better to do than chant obscenities at each other.

;-)
 Any Footie fans here? - No FM2R
Because they spend lots on shoes?
>> And when you are not a fan, you tend not to begin to understand why
>> anyone would give a flying fig why it even slightly mattered if one bunch of
>> overpaid oiks managed to kick a ball more effectively than the other bunch of overpaid
>> oiks while being observed by people with apparently little better to do than chant obscenities
>> at each other.

Most football fans find it hard to understand middle aged men desperately trying (and failing) to pretend they are 16, in the process breaking expensive equipment, damaging vital and tender parts of their bodies, and being shown up by their sons.
 Any Footie fans here? - Runfer D'Hills
Heh heh ! I shall be doing a bit of that tomorrow.
 Any Footie fans here? - Armel Coussine
>> And when you are not a fan........ the other bunch of overpaid oiks while being observed by people with apparently little better to do than chant obscenities at each other.

Indeed Humph.

When very young indeed I used to think rugby and its supporters were less ghastly than football players and supporters, because I had played rugby at school and was snooty about soccer. Not long afterwards I came to realise the rugby side was just as bad if not worse, and a bit nastier really.

Of course football oiks are far more overpaid than rugby brutes. But they deserve it, because the game is far better to watch.
 Any Footie fans here? - Boxsterboy
>> >> I enjoyed watching Chelsea beat West Ham at Stamford Bridge today
>>
>>
>> I think fat sam thought this was unwinable, and wanted to keep his powder dry
>> for the a*** at home
>>

I think that's true. But my boys were pleased to see:
1. John Terry score.
2. Diego Costa score
3. Dicier Drogba come on as a substitute.
personally I enjoyed seeing Hazards skills in the flesh. Fingers crossed for the Championship!

>> >> I think fat sam thought this was unwinable, and wanted to keep his powder
>> dry
>> >> for the a*** at home
>> >>
>>
>> I think that's true.

That worked a treat then.
>>
>>
>> That worked a treat then.
>>

Never mind Z, not many more points now before we're safe from relegation. What we've got to avoid is qualifying for that blasted Europa League.
 Any Footie fans here? - Alastairw
Too true. As an Everton fan I worry that Europa League fottball will get us relegated from the Premiership at the rate rate we are going!
Latest Forum Posts