Non-motoring > Star Trek East London style Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 5

Star Trek East London style - Crankcase
There's loads of fan made star treks now, some really impressive. But I think this one is a tad different. Cast your pies on the two minutes of this, or whatever the phrase is. Zero probably knows. Good grief.

youtu.be/GvGHIW3GQv8
 Star Trek East London style - No FM2R
I rather enjoyed it.

There's something really quite good about seeing the Brits international reputation for quirkiness fulfilled from time to time.
 Star Trek East London style - legacylad
Which reminds me, I think that Galaxy Quest is showing on TV over the festive period. I have it on DVD somewhere, and it always makes me smile.
 Star Trek East London style - No FM2R
A film with Sigourney Weaver in a torn uniform? I should say so.
 Star Trek East London style - Zero

>> Cast your pies on the two minutes of this, or
>> whatever the phrase is. Zero probably knows. Good grief.

The correct terminology would be " cast yer mincers over this"
 Star Trek East London style - Crankcase
I suppose I ought to add, for the hundreds of rabid Trekkers out there reading this, that this version seems to me to be the best attempt at recreating the original series, even down to using the original guest star from 1965.

The acting is pretty bad other than Kirk, whose mannerisms are perfectly caught (and yes, Sulu is Grant from off of that Mythbusters), but I think that's an intentional reflection. The rest - lighting, camera angles, editing, music and even story - are works of genius for a fan based episode.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G-ziTBAkbQ

This is of course for academic interest only - I don't expect anyone to actually click the link and see any of it.
Latest Forum Posts