Non-motoring > Bucket or bouquet Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 36

Bucket or bouquet - Crankcase
www.ijreview.com/2014/12/218361-one-womans-letter-ex-husbands-new-wife-going-super-viral-hard-see/

Bucket or bouquet? Single word answers may well suffice...

Bucket or bouquet - John Boy
Respect!
 Bucket or bouquet - No FM2R
A bit "bucket" for me. Sorry.
 Bucket or bouquet - sooty123
Got bored after the first couple of lines, I assume that's a bucket.
 Bucket or bouquet - Haywain
"Got bored after the first couple of lines, I assume that's a bucket."

Same here.
 Bucket or bouquet - wokingham
Way too much information! This sort of stuff should be private and in-family, not plastered over the Net.
I've changed my mind. The sentiments are right, but expressed better by behaviour than by words. And certainly not published.
After so much revolting news recently in the world's media, I too started with "oh, that's so sweet", which moved through "oh, sweet" to "oh...right.." to "oh dear God".

It's a bit like those various Youtube videos of people doing random acts of kindness. You get the sentiment and sometimes they can be moving, but then you think they really shouldn't be filmed. On the other hand, if we all took that attitude and said acts were no longer performed at all, who would lose?

This one, I think, is a typical example. Wonderful or too damn much?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhjgAn0ZhHs

Bucket or bouquet - Pat
What a lot of typically British stiff upper lips we have on here.

There really is nothing wrong with showing a bit of emotion just now again, you know.

Two remarkable women and one remarkable man, trying so hard to make the best of a bad job....good luck to them.

There's a lot of Fathers who struggle to get access to their children who would give their back teeth for a situation like this, public or private.

Pat
 Bucket or bouquet - Zero
>> www.ijreview.com/2014/12/218361-one-womans-letter-ex-husbands-new-wife-going-super-viral-hard-see/
>>
>> Bucket or bouquet? Single word answers may well suffice...

bucket, full one.
 Bucket or bouquet - Pat
Just think on before you go like sheep, posting bucket.

Women like their men to have a feminine side, not afraid to express, or show, a bit of emotion.

Now let's see how the verdict changes:)

Pat
 Bucket or bouquet - Zero

>> Women like their men to have a feminine side, not afraid to express, or show,
>> a bit of emotion.

Well clearly the bloke who dumped his wife in that letter wasn't too keen on her expressions of emotion when they were married.
 Bucket or bouquet - Runfer D'Hills
I wonder if he has some money and she would like more of it...
For me, the problem, which I didn't spot straightaway, is that she posted this on the internet herself. She's saying "Look, aren't I wonderful?"
 Bucket or bouquet - Duncan
>> Women like their men to have a feminine side, not afraid to express, or show, a bit of emotion.
>>
>> Now let's see how the verdict changes:)

No change of verdict in my case. A load of nauseating nonsense.

Why do these common people have to tell the world about what should be private emotions.
 Bucket or bouquet - legacylad
What has this to do with the Young Cons? I was a member once, if only to get served beer in the back room aged 15, and meet other female YC's.
Definitely not bucket.
More dustbin. Galvanised.
Why oh why would you.....
 Bucket or bouquet - Skip
Nauseating crap !

Bucket deffo
Last edited by: Skip on Mon 22 Dec 14 at 20:54
 Bucket or bouquet - Manatee
Pass the bucket.
 Bucket or bouquet - Lygonos
Breeding rights should be removed from such a self-indulgent pukemeistress
 Bucket or bouquet - MD
Other plans ahead? Seems weird to me.
 Bucket or bouquet - Ted

Taxi's here.....off to the vomitarium.
 Bucket or bouquet - Pat
Right, so I'm surrounded by a bunch of rufty, tufty macho men in here. Men who's top lip never quivers, who's heart never misses a beat and who are 'real' men.

OK, I'll humour you then:)

Like I'm ever going to believe that, I know you all too well by now!

Pat
 Bucket or bouquet - Runfer D'Hills
Of course you might be right Pat. Or it could be that there are enough men here with sufficient life experience to know that there are more than some women who will use any means at their disposal, however disingenuous, to attempt to manipulate situations to the benefit of themselves and their offspring. Could be a bit of that too eh?
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Tue 23 Dec 14 at 09:30
 Bucket or bouquet - sooty123
I don't know about 'rufty tufty' I just found it boring and uninteresting and stopped reading after the first few lines.
 Bucket or bouquet - Armel Coussine
>> Breeding rights should be removed from such a self-indulgent pukemeistress

That's a bit out of character for you Lygonos.

I agree that the two messages in the OP are very, very 'American' in tone, but that's the worst you can say about them. They didn't strike me as insincere, just very effusive by tight-lipped English standards.

The first message is well written too, in its way. It didn't make me want to throw up, and I don't really believe either message made anyone else want to either. That response is (rather feeble) simulated machismo.

Two fingers to the chronically nauseated... But I might run the link past Herself if I can persuade her to look. She has good judgement and is smart. If she says it's nauseating then I'll admit I'm wrong.
 Bucket or bouquet - Lygonos
>>That's a bit out of character for you Lygonos.

I've told you a million times not to react to exaggeration and hyperbole.

The gist of the letter, however, was not to make the recipient feel good/better/whatevs - it was entirely for the justification of the writer's existence.

Self indulgent crapola, mixed in with the intent to manipulate the 'other side'

Any sane person in receipt of that would think 'meh'.

Helps to reinforce why I've no doubt the man did the right move by getting away from his bunny-bolier Ex.

Bucket or bouquet - Pat
I'm really surprised that something which started off light hearted could arouse such strong feelings in those of you who have the stiff upper lip.

If we're going to be so serious about it then aren't we guilty of overlooking the person who matters in all this....a child of a broken marriage?

She is happy and secure and however the respective parents/step-parent have achieved that it's to be commended surely?

Pat
 Bucket or bouquet - CGNorwich
Found it quite touching actually. The Americans are much more open with their emotions that we are which is perhaps is no bad thing.
 Bucket or bouquet - Manatee
She could have said that in two sentences, and preferably to the person she was talking about.

My boon companion is not without emotions, and has been known to cry at films, but I don't think she's written me a note in 40 years that had more than a dozen words in it.

But she is from Halifax.
Last edited by: Manatee on Tue 23 Dec 14 at 11:20
I can't imagine NOT crying at films. I'm very susceptible.

No word of a lie, I had a small (albeit very small) sniffle at "Barbie's Christmas Carol" that appeared on the tv the other day.

Bucket or bouquet - Duncan
I am a very emotional person. When I saw "The King's Speech", I was on the verge of tears almost all the way through. However, hard luck stories leave me stone cold, I can always see what they should have done not to get in that mess in the first place.

The story at the top of the thread was, I thought, a load of junk. I didn't bother reading all of it.
 Bucket or bouquet - Zero
>> I can't imagine NOT crying at films. I'm very susceptible.
>>
>> No word of a lie, I had a small (albeit very small) sniffle at "Barbie's
>> Christmas Carol" that appeared on the tv the other day.

Bambi gets me every time
 Bucket or bouquet - Zero

>> written me a note in 40 years that had more
>> than a dozen words in it.
>>
>> But she is from Halifax.
Dear Sir, I am writing to you to discuss your overdraft.
The bank has traditional values and would like to maintain them, therefore we would like to return to the principal where you bank with us and not the other way round as it is at the moment
 Bucket or bouquet - Cliff Pope
>>The Americans are much more open with their emotions
>>

But they aren't "their" emotions, they are a load of media-induced tosh which they spew out in default of any real emotions of their own.
Oh boy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUBTAdI7zuY

Don't read the comments (first or at all ideally).
 Bucket or bouquet - CGNorwich

>> But they aren't "their" emotions, they are a load of media-induced tosh which they spew
>> out in default of any real emotions of their own.
>>

Maybe, Maybe not. Perhaps we have all become too cynical and miserablist for our own good.
 Bucket or bouquet - spamcan61
TL;DR

bucket
Latest Forum Posts