Non-motoring > Tennis - Grunting and Sweat Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Perky Penguin Replies: 9

Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Perky Penguin
Grunting. Why are these people, mostly the ladies, allowed to make this racket? Is it some underhand means of putting one's opponent off; could the person receiving the service be allowed to shriek at the moment the server is hitting the ball?

Why does every player feel the need to have a rub-down every time they have spent 15 seconds running round the court. Our footballera are pathetic but at least they can kick the ball without having to wipe their faces!
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Ian (Cape Town)
Karate to blame.
All that focus of energy.
One wonders what some of these ladies would be like in the sack - pillow/face perhaps?
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Pat
Why do you bother to watch it if it irritates you :)

Pat
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Ian (Cape Town)
I like football. and hate vuvuzelas.

I like tennis, and hate the gruntings... and the 'Come on andy!' wails from the crowd!
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Perky Penguin
I watch it with the sound off - the commentary is irrelavant anyway. You still haven't given any reason why people need to wipe their faces twice a minute and then give the the sodden rag to some poor teenager to look after! Somewhere the wrong side of disgusting!
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - bathtub tom
You didn't mention the spiiting.
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Roger.
Orgasms?
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Armel Coussine
I like cricket, but hate people clapping in that patronising way. I like polo, but hate the sound of the upper classes swearing at ponies. I like eights week, but hate people riding bicycles into the river off the towpath while firing old revolvers in the air and shouting: 'Well rowed, Nose!' or some such rubbish. I love darts but hate all that eructation and wind-passing. I love snooker, but hate that spooky undercurrent of blokes in shirtsleeves sniggering... Synchronised swimming, sexual groaning... boxing, bloodthirsty howls... Indycar, excitable but meaningless commentary... etc etc...

In fact, tell you what: I'll watch with the sound off.

Yeah, and the spitting too. Where do they think they are, Colombo?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 6 Jul 10 at 00:54
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - devonite
bet you listen to sport on radio in exactly the same way! ;-)
 Tennis - Grunting and Sweat - Focusless
>> Yeah, and the spitting too.

I'm not an avid fan of the game, but SWMBO likes it so I am forced to watch the odd match on TV. Don't remember ever seeing a tennis player spit though.
Latest Forum Posts