Non-motoring > Xmas Gifts Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 6

Xmas Gifts - Ambo

I always have a problem deciding what to buy for Christmas attendees at our house. This year I am thinking of following but I would appreciate alternative suggestions from fellow-posters.

Mother-in-law (and, alas, in-fact). “The Sexual Night” by Pascal Quignard, although £28 is a bit steep. Could substitute “50 Shades of Grey”
Wife. Hand knitted bed socks
Daughter (lawyer, shortly to marry a senior military chappie) “General Kitchner, The Man and his Horses”. Authorship to be confirmed.
Son (boiler fitter). “Mimesis. The Representation of Reality in Western Literature”. (One of Eric Auerbach’s best, don’t you think?)

Seasonal best wishes to all posters.
 Xmas Gifts - No FM2R
I am a bit concerned that you would buy your MiL a book about sex, but your wife socks to keep her warm in bed.

I feel a little perceptive psycho-analysis may be called for.
 Xmas Gifts - henry k
>>I am a bit concerned that you would buy your MiL a book
And she replies " I already have that book Dear" :-)
I mean, will you be able to get a refund?
 Xmas Gifts - Mike Hannon
You're cutting it a bit fine to start on those bedsocks...
 Xmas Gifts - Robin O'Reliant
Mrs O'Reliant's birthday is today. I bought her a set of saucepans.

Now normally if a chap were to buy kitchen utensils for his lady as a present he'd be wearing them for a few months, but that's what she asked for and she's well pleased. Good quality ones too, they cost a bit.
 Xmas Gifts - Pat
.......she didn't mean it *tut*

Pat
 Xmas Gifts - henry k
We try to buy small unusual items for our two Adult children.
Son likes Hi Tec stuff but would not dare explore that scene.
Have ordered him a naff item that I am sure will make him smile.
A pizza slicer with sound to keep him entertained and a laser beam to ensure you know where you are cutting.
I know it will be greeted well. Plus it was a free offer.
Now available on an Ebay near you for about £10.
Latest Forum Posts