Non-motoring > Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 14

Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - SteelSpark
So, let's have all of the England knockers back here.

All the ones that said we didn't have world class players because we lost 4-1 to Germany, and the ones who wondered out loud what on earth Argentina would have done to us if Germany could beat us 4-1.

Until they beat Argentina 4-0...come on then you England knocking experts, explain that one... :)
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Bellboy
Nigeria are now out of the world cup and the goalkeeper has kindly offered to refund all the money to the fans that traveled to south Africa.

He said He just needs their name,address, bank account details and mothers maiden name to complete the transaction!
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - BobbyG
Both England and Argentina teams are filled with prima donnas who believe all the hype about them.

Germany is filled with young players knockng their pan in to play for each other and work together as a team.
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Ian (Cape Town)
WOW!
Came to work at 12:00, and worked for a few hours, then walked down to the Stadium, to fetch ticket.
The 'fan walk' was amazing, bands, huge 20ft puppets, argentine and hun fans with bands - LOTS of the Argies were in Boca or River Plate shirts, but ready to change into the sky-and-white.

Outside, right now, it is a going bat-stit... with loads of supporters and the like partying hard.
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - devonite
>>So, let's have all of the England knockers back here.<<

I`m back! - and it doesn`t change anything, we were still rubbish!

Being patriotic is one thing, but being patriotic to the point of stupidity (as some folk were) when thier own eyes and commonsense were screaming the truth at them, is another.

Just because Germany beat us, and then procceded to devour Argentina, one of the favorites doesn`t make us a decent team, we posed no threat to anyone! Slovenia were just unlucky!

Crapello has been found sadly wanting, and the two other captains were not man enough, We lack leadership, confidence and direction, the above mentioned cannot provide this, J.T has seen the shortcomings in both manager and captains, and tried to do something to rectify the matter before it was too late, but once again was pilloried for it.
He is a true professional, who gives his all for club and country, a true leader of men! and England could do a lot worse, in fact, they have!

Stand up John Terry, Captain of Chelsea, and take a bow!
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Auntie Lockbrakes
England were poor, but Germany played well, so credit to them. Hope they win the tournament now!
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - sooty123
So you think JT knows more about football tactics than Capello?
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - swiss tony
>> So you think JT knows more about football tactics than Capello?
>>
The way I see it, (as an Englishman) is this;

1/ The England football team is ummmm English.
2/ Capello is NOT English.
3/ Capello gets paid lots of money, just for being the England coach.
4/ Capello gets paid whether England win or lose.
5/ Capello doesn't have the same feelings as an English England coach would (hopefully) have.
6/ any none English England coach, deep down, wouldn't give a stuff about the English teams performance - unless England were playing the coaches own home team.
In that case, I'm pretty sure they (deep down) would like to see England at least struggle...
7/ It is, in fact quite easy to appear to be doing a good job, whilst in fact be undermining the stability of the company (team) you are working for. (not that I am saying Capello IS doing that, merely stating the fact is is a possibility.)

In conclusion, all the time England do not have an English coach, we will struggle.
Also we need more English players in the leagues, to give us two things....
1/ a stronger 'gene' pool from which to select the national team.
2/ by having johnny foreigner playing alongside us, they can learn our strengths/weaknesses...
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Manatee
What are the qualifying requirements, other than ability, to play for England? Why would the same conditions apply to the manager, coach and staff? Probably against the race discrimination laws!

The hysteria is overdone. It's a game. They lost.

What irritated me more than the results was the moaning about being bored in South Africa. They should try living in the real world, where we have to make an effort to enjoy whatever job happens to be interfering with our lives at the time, or be miserable for 50 odd hours a week.
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Iffy
Coaching is about communication.

It is barmy to employ someone for whom English is a second language.

This reminds me of a remark made by George Harrison about a possible Beatles reunion.

"It will never happen," he said. "So long as John Lennon remains dead."

Capello will never be a good coach of the England football team so long has he remains an Italian.

Last edited by: ifithelps on Sun 4 Jul 10 at 11:01
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - R.P.
Maybe we need more people like this:-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7_K0OuIgCY
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Iffy
Play up and play the game!
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Manatee
Cracking bit of film PU. I think I had his boots as hand-me-downs, or at least some of the same vintage. High fastening & nailed on leather studs. What with those and the 4cwt. sodden leather footballs they earned their few pounds a week.
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - Bagpuss
Sadly, the best result England have achieved in the World Cup since 1966 was the semi-final defeat to Germany in 1990. This was achieved under the guidance of the english but much maligned Bobby Robson, and before the establishment of the premiership.

Rather embarassingly, 1990 was the only other semi-final appearance apart from 1966 that England have ever achieved. A semi-final appearance in 1996 has also been the pinnacle of success in the European Championships. They've failed to qualify for the World Cup 4 times and the European Championships 6 times.

Germany? 3 World Cup wins, 4 times runners up, 4 semi-final appearances. 3 European Championship wins, 3 times runners up, 1 semi-final appearance.
 Well, well, well...Argentina 0 Germany 4 - R.P.
Shock horror - an Octopus knows more about football that all the over paid pundits the BBC employ !
Latest Forum Posts