Non-motoring > Tumble dryer issue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Harleyman Replies: 6

Tumble dryer issue - Harleyman
We have an Indesit condensing tumble-dryer, about eight years old; doesn't get a lot of use but has been a handy stand-by.

Went to use it t'other day, the start button will not remain on; you push it, the machine starts, but as soon as you release the button it stops.

I cleaned out all the filters, checked that the door lock was functioning correctly, problem still persists. It will work fine, and heat up, as long as you hold the button in but as soon as you release it, it stops again.

Any suggestions for a quick fix please?
 Tumble dryer issue - madf
Gaffer tape for an emergency job..

Sounds like the button may be faulty - try opening up the top of teh dryer and inspecting it for fluff/dirt..
 Tumble dryer issue - Bromptonaut
>> Gaffer tape for an emergency job..
>>
>> Sounds like the button may be faulty - try opening up the top of teh
>> dryer and inspecting it for fluff/dirt..

Sounds like a failed part but as madf says dust (which tumble dryers accumulate) might be affecting it. Worth trying an application of switch cleaner too.

Is part likely to be easy to remove/refit or is it an engineer job?
Twas indeed that madf; swapped it for the identical one which controls low and high heat and it now works fine.

Thanks.

Last edited by: Harleyman on Tue 18 Nov 14 at 13:48
 Tumble dryer issue - madf
>> Twas indeed that madf; swapped it for the identical one which controls low and high
>> heat and it now works fine.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>>

Pleased to be of help.
My hourly rate is £1000, Invoice is in the post. :-)
I'll e-mail you a picture of the cheque.
 Tumble dryer issue - No FM2R
>>Any suggestions for a quick fix please?

Very similar to what happened to me - water had got into the bottom of the machine and was causing it to cut out. In my case the pipe to the water collecting tank had come loose.
Latest Forum Posts