Non-motoring > Longest sentence by Scottish Court Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 6

Longest sentence by Scottish Court - Lygonos
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-29933928

Life with minimum of 37 years, means earliest eligibility for parole at age 106.

One of Scotland's more infamous unsolved murders now solved.

Rot In Peace.
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - Westpig
Suitable candidate for the rope in my opinion
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - Zero
very possibly too good for him.
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 14 Nov 14 at 18:51
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - R.P.
I thought they'd nicked LJK Setright when I was watching this on the news earlier ! Deserves all he gets.
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - Westpig
I often wonder what the true feeling about the death penalty is in this country.

Politicians have written it off and the politically correct have grabbed the so called moral high ground on it, however I wonder if a majority of the populace do wish for it back..or.. if I am in a minority.

Maybe I'll start another thread and ask you all on here to voice your opinions, as an idea of what the population might think.

We don't always agree do we.
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - Lygonos
Of note, Sinclair's first murder conviction came after positive DNA testing 22 years after the offence after Police were trying to build a case against another suspect - DNA ruled out the original guy but Sinclair's was on the database and was a match.

Last edited by: Lygonos on Fri 14 Nov 14 at 21:24
 Longest sentence by Scottish Court - zippy
I am against the death penalty, but in some instances I can totally understand those who wish it on someone and this is a particularly nasty individual.

In this instance, given Angus Sinclair's record, he should not have been allowed out of prison after only 6 years for his crimes in 1961.

Latest Forum Posts