Non-motoring > Jack Bruce Gone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 10

Jack Bruce Gone - Robin O'Reliant
I never was a great fan, but they did belt out a few good 'uns.
 Jack Bruce Gone - No FM2R
Ditto. They were ok, but not music I loved.

Nonetheless, a talent lost.
 Jack Bruce Gone - Armel Coussine
Nice cat by the sound of it, another rock Jock... Ginger Baker whom I knew slightly spoke of him with what passed for affection. Ginger isn't the most sweet-spoken of men, but it came through.

Bass guitar is the foundation of a decent rock band. Fans dig the lead, but without the bass he'd be all over the place.
 Jack Bruce Gone - Fenlander
For me always fitted as part of Cream more than anywhere else *. I have their reunion 2005 concert on DVD and with the TV hooked to the hi-fi that "lazy" Cream sound just oozes from the speakers.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYeM_t6b5c

Music that for me will always be embedded.

*Oddly I've never likes a single thing Clapton has done since.
 Jack Bruce Gone - Focusless
>> I have their reunion 2005 concert on DVD and with the TV hooked to the hi-fi that
>> "lazy" Cream sound just oozes from the speakers.
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYYeM_t6b5c

Just playing that through the TV/hifi - yeah, good stuff. And not being a Cream aficionado, hadn't realised Bruce could sing as well; nice duet with Clapton.

Ah - not so keen on the sort of prog-rock bit towards the end...
 Jack Bruce Gone - J Bonington Jagworth
"Bass guitar is the foundation of a decent rock band"

Absolutely. And this girl (Tal Wilkenfeld) is worth seeking out. Better looking than Bill Wyman, too...

www.drummerworld.com/Videos/vinniecolaiutastratusbeck.html
 Jack Bruce Gone - Armel Coussine
Bo Diddley had a woman bass player, tall and glamorous in a gold lamé trouser suit. She was introduced as the Princess, the Duchess, something like that. I saw them in the Hammersmith Odeon around 1960, perhaps a bit later. Also on the bill was Little Richard, and an unknown back-up band called the Rolling Stones.

I've posted that at least 100 times. But I don't apologise.
 Jack Bruce Gone - John Boy
>> I've posted that at least 100 times. But I don't apologise.
>>
No need to - I didn't know about her. At least, I thought I did, but she wasn't the only bass player he had. The one you refer to is on this page, AC :

dangerousminds.net/comments/bo_diddley_and_the_long_lost_duchess_of_rock_n_roll
 Jack Bruce Gone - Robin O'Reliant
Cait O'Riordan played bass with The Pogues.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVUZuVZWHkk
 Jack Bruce Gone - J Bonington Jagworth
IIRC, Suzi Quattro played bass, as did/does Melissa Etheridge, but Tal Wilkenfeld is pretty much in a class of her own, IMO. It must be annoying to be told that she's the 'best female' bassist, when her gender really hasn't anything to do with her playing. But it's the same all over, I guess...
 Jack Bruce Gone - Focusless
Paloma Faith and David Bowie both use female bass players. And Mrs F can be seen on jam nights at a Tilehurst pub; she's just upgraded to a new Fender. Makes a bit of a change from playing clarinet in a wind band :)
Last edited by: Focusless on Tue 28 Oct 14 at 07:42
Latest Forum Posts