Non-motoring > Boots right up my nose Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 80

Boots right up my nose - Armel Coussine
Went into large branch of the chemist in my nearest small town to get a drum of 75mg aspirins, taken daily as a blood thinner and approved by one of the doctors in our practice who although much younger than me says he takes them himself.

The counterhand woman got some out, then asked if they had been prescribed. I said some doctors favour them, some don't, but I take them anyway. She asked when I had last seen the doctor. I shrugged and said some time back, can't remember. She opened a door and spoke to someone. Probably the pharmacist, a quite nice black guy who interviewed me about my blood pressure medication a year or two back. He said something about blood thinning, and the counterhand came back saying there were restrictions, blah blah. I was getting annoyed and said, look, I didn't come here for a medical consultation, I came here to buy some aspirins. Are you going to sell me some or not? I added rather rudely. 'Restrictions', faff faff. I stomped out in a towering rage shouting Good God, what a useless b***** shop! Nipped into Waitrose and bought them off the shelf, more expensive but what can you do? 80p for a month's worth.

I forgot in the heat of the moment to ask if my regular blood pressure prescription was ready yet. Will I now be banned from the place, or will I have to go in there and say sorry to the lady, who I suppose was only doing what she thought to be her duty?
 Boots right up my nose - Falkirk Bairn
Pick up the aspirins in B&Ms, Tesco, Lidl............will keep your BP under control & save 10p per packet.
 Boots right up my nose - Cliff Pope

>>
>> I forgot in the heat of the moment to ask if my regular blood pressure
>> prescription was ready yet.

It sounds as if you ought to have taken your tablets before going in. :)
>> ought to have taken your tablets before going in. :)

Take them every day with my super-strong coffee with whole milk and no sugar.
 Boots right up my nose - Gromit
"My doctor approves of my taking aspirin" is not the same thing as "here's a perscription my doctor wrote for 100 75mg aspirin tablets". There are restrictions on how many aspirin - and paracetemol - a pharmacy or, indeed, corner shop, can sell to a customer at the same time. Its to prevent accidental overdosing and, equally, deliberate self-harm.

If buying over the counter, watch out that aspirin sold for headaches is normally 300mg per tablet (there were stronger ones sold in Lidl or Aldi too a while back), not 75mg as might be suggested for blood thinning.
Thank you Gromit, but I really do know all that inside out.

I thought of asking the woman sarcastically whether she thought I was going to try to commit suicide with 75mg aspirins when the 300mg ones would be the obvious choice. Ordinary painkillers are a messy suicide choice though, and may leave you alive but harmed. Heavyweight sleepers or powerful opiates are the most effective solutions. Nanny makes them hard to get in useful quantities though.
Just checked BP on my monitor. It says 132/81, heart rate 77. Dunno how accurate the thing is, but that reading looks OK by my standards.
 Boots right up my nose - Westpig
>> Just checked BP on my monitor. It says 132/81, heart rate 77. Dunno how accurate
>> the thing is, but that reading looks OK by my standards.
>>

That's better than mine.
 Boots right up my nose - Roger.
>> Thank you Gromit, but I really do know all that inside out.
>>
>> I thought of asking the woman sarcastically whether she thought I was going to try
>> to commit suicide with 75mg aspirins when the 300mg ones would be the obvious choice.
>> Ordinary painkillers are a messy suicide choice though, and may leave you alive but harmed.
>> Heavyweight sleepers or powerful opiates are the most effective solutions. Nanny makes them hard to
>> get in useful quantities though.

Should I save up my 30mg Codeine tabs, then?
The other thing (although for obvious reasons it does not affect me) that annoys me are the ridiculous notices in supermarkets warning customers that if you are under 25 you must be prepared to provide proof of age.
This is codswallop and cockwaffle, when the legal age for buying booze is 18.
 Boots right up my nose - WillDeBeest
But 25 is the age at which they're confident (almost) no one might still look under 18. It's about preparing 24-year-olds to be asked, not about denying them service.

One of the supermarkets begins its notice 'If you're lucky enough still to look under 21...'
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Mon 20 Oct 14 at 17:47
 Boots right up my nose - CGNorwich
A retailer doesn't have to sell you alcohol or indeed anything if they don't want to whatever your age.

Challenge 25 is a scheme encouraging those under 25 to carry some age identification so that retailers can avoid breaking the law - the penalties for selling to under 18s are severe.

Seems eminently sensible to me.

www.wsta.co.uk/challenge-25
 Boots right up my nose - Old Navy
>> But 25 is the age at which they're confident (almost) no one might still look
>> under 18. It's about preparing 24-year-olds to be asked, not about denying them service.
>>
>> One of the supermarkets begins its notice 'If you're lucky enough still to look under
>> 21...'
>>

I just show them my bus pass. :)
 Boots right up my nose - sooty123

>> This is codswallop and cockwaffle, when the legal age for buying booze is 18.
>>

Seems that way to me, first 21 then 25 what next 30? Carries like this we'll be like certain parts of the US where everyone is checked. I've seen a bunch of men who looked about 70-75 asked for ID.
 Boots right up my nose - R.P.
My 26 year old Doctor niece was asked for ID yesterday when buying a bottle of wine after a hard day....
 Boots right up my nose - Runfer D'Hills
I was asked for ID when ordering beers recently at a Yankees game. Fair cheered me up. The bill soon brought me back down though.
 Boots right up my nose - Zero
>> I was asked for ID when ordering beers recently at a Yankees game.

Thats what happens when you rock up to the bar in a kilt and boots.
 Boots right up my nose - legacylad
I ordered 4 G&T doubles, and crab sandwiches, at AT & T Park a few weeks back. Being slightly feek & weeble at the time I didn't bother checking my card payment. Only when my statement arrived did I almost have a coronary. Anyway, it was a grand afternoon out. No amount of aspirin could have softened the blow.
>> Should I save up my 30mg Codeine tabs, then?

Codeine isn't powerful, like dilaudid, at best an inferior stopgap for sick junkies used to large doses of heroin or morphine. And although you can buy codeine there's something else in the pills. You'd need a lot of them and it would be as messy and unreliable as using aspirin or the ghastly paracetamol.
 Boots right up my nose - WillDeBeest
You'd probably die of constipation first. I have loads left over from my two ops. The pain was tolerable; the bunging-up was not.
>> You'd probably die of constipation first. I have loads left over from my two ops.
>> The pain was tolerable; the bunging-up was not.
>>

I was given a laxative with mine.
 Boots right up my nose - MD
>> >> You'd probably die of constipation first. I have loads left over from my two ops. The pain was tolerable; the bunging-up was not.
>> >>
>> I was given a laxative with mine.
>>
Severe constipation two years ago got me to the Doctor who prescribed "Dynamite". She said get home and don't attempt to leave the house or more to the point don't attempt to leave "The Room". Took said potion and prepared myself for the ensuing.......whatever. Much waiting produced Zilch. Only forcing and I mean FORCING my exhaust into a Bidet of warm water did the trick. Toooooo much info I know...................
>> Much waiting produced Zilch. Only forcing and I mean FORCING my exhaust into a Bidet of warm water did the trick.

Herself got some sachets of orange-flavoured stuff that mixes up with water like wallpaper paste. Tastes a bit like it too. It isn't very nice but it works quite well. All-Bran isn't too bad either.

It isn't good to 'force'. Bad for any incipient piles.
 Boots right up my nose - Lygonos
>>Herself got some sachets of orange-flavoured stuff that mixes up with water like wallpaper paste

Haven't done a script for Fybogel for a while.

Martin:

"For all the good it did I may as well have shoved it......"
>> Haven't done a script for Fybogel for a while.

Works OK on me so far. Do you recommend anything Lygonos? All-Bran?

I'm not often constipated enough to need things really. Just sometimes. Too much meat or bacon, stuff like that I guess.
A skinful of hoppy beer followed immediately afterwards by a midnight curry.
A good old fashioned remedy to a blocked muffler
A bowl of muesli and a large mug of strong black coffee for breakfast. Goes through me like Dyno Rod. I used to have time for a fag after the coffee but now I don't have that option I just read a few posts on here instead. Ten minutes later and well...er, Geronimo I suppose. Not that the posts...oh never mind...

;-)
 Boots right up my nose - VxFan
>> Haven't done a script for Fybogel for a while.

I'm trying to think what my Doctor told me was the alternative "over the counter" product which was half the price of what a prescription was when I was prescribed Fybogel a few years ago.
 Boots right up my nose - Slidingpillar
Codeine isn't powerful, like dilaudid, at best an inferior stopgap for sick junkies used to large doses of heroin or morphine. And although you can buy codeine there's something else in the pills. You'd need a lot of them and it would be as messy and unreliable as using aspirin or the ghastly paracetamol.

The something else in the UK is usually paracetamol - never worked out why, but the medical profession seems to have a love affair with it, despite the fact ODing on paracetamol is a painful way to die.

That's why although I was a First Aider at work, I never took the course that allows one to dispense paracetamol. Not above keeping neurofen in an unlocked drawer and telling folk if they stole it I'd look the other way.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Mon 20 Oct 14 at 22:18
 Boots right up my nose - Gromit
"Thank you Gromit, but I really do know all that inside out."

I don't doubt it, but someone else inclined to follow your path into Tesco in search of aspirin my not...

As to what you intend to do with them (or not) I also don't doubt you know the problem is not your intent, but that any given pharmacist can't know who else may get access to your supply of assorted tablets and what they may intend doing with them.
 Boots right up my nose - Steve
I would recommend a home blood pressure monitor. For about 40 yrs my BP has been 'borderline', sometimes treated by doctors, other times noted but ignored. Over the last few years it's fluctuated unpredictably. One doctor - against the advice of another, suggested a personal pressure tester and it's worked. My BP is influenced by medication, alcohol, and diet. I know damn well that if I drink a lot of potatoes, and eat to much whisky my blood pressure will plummet. Google confirms these effects.
 Boots right up my nose - Cliff Pope
>> if I drink a lot of potatoes, and eat to much
>> whisky my blood pressure will plummet.

Does it? I thought food and drink caused BP to rise?
 Boots right up my nose - Duncan
>> Went into large branch of the chemist in my nearest small town to get a
>> drum of 75mg aspirins, taken daily as a blood thinner and approved by one of
>> the doctors in our practice who although much younger than me says he takes them
>> himself.

If you get them prescribed by your quack, he will (should) suggest that you have enteric coated (EC) aspirin.

These will dissolve further down the line, will have the same beneficial effect, but will not have the possibility of damaging the lining of the stomach, thereby possibly leading to ulcers.
My "quack" won't prescribe enteric coated Aspirin as they are more expensive than the dispersible sort!
My prescribed Codeine does not have paracetamol in it!
I do have Cocodamol, prescribed a while ago, which has a miserable 8mg of codeine in it per tablet, plus Paracetamol.
It is completely ineffective, as is Paracetamol alone.
In the United Kingdom the 15/500 and 30/500 co-codamol) tablets are available only with a prescription, although the 8/500 and 12.8/500 strengths are available over-the-counter.
From the Wikipedia article.

So the 8/500 is the weakest of the lot (I have some). All are 500mg paracetamol mixed with codine, 8mg and so on.

Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Tue 21 Oct 14 at 03:37
>> In the United Kingdom the 15/500 and 30/500 co-codamol) tablets are available only with a
>> prescription, although the 8/500 and 12.8/500 strengths are available over-the-counter.

>> From the Wikipedia article.
>>
>> So the 8/500 is the weakest of the lot (I have some). All are 500mg
>> paracetamol mixed with codine, 8mg and so on.
>>

My 8/500 were prescription and for me they do not work at all.
30mg Codeine help a bit, but Tramadol rules, YAY :-) :-)
Sad my January 2014 prescription of 100 of the latter has nearly run out (you may infer I use them sparingly) and my Doc is going to take a lot of persuasion to renew!
 Boots right up my nose - devonite
While your discussing pain-killers........

When I attended my first Nephrology clinic the Consultant said to me "I see you're taking Ibruprofen, Do not Take anymore! I've written many letters trying to get that stuff banned, i'ts the biggest Kidney-killer out there.
It seems that the Kidneys can't shift it, and it builds up in them causing Glomeruli scarring and damage.

I would appreciate the "site Doctors" opinion of this? (please)

thanks
 Boots right up my nose - Bromptonaut

>>
>> I would appreciate the "site Doctors" opinion of this? (please)

No doubt Lygonos will be along shortly. In meantime here is some info from kidney.org:

www.kidney.org/atoz/content/painMeds_Analgesics

American I think but similar cautions are spread around on UK medicine advice sites.
 Boots right up my nose - devonite
Thanks for the link! - that explains alot, seems he knows his stuff! - I always thought that "over the counter" medicines were the "pretty tame" variety, and and were more a placebo compared to the doctor-prescribed versions, still obviously strong enough to damage if not used correctly.
I guess if you are attending a nephrology clinic then you have some sort of kidney problem and you should indeed avoid taking Ibuprofen. However the suggestion that it should be banned is way overt the top. For those suffering from arthritis and other inflammatory diseases it is an effective pain killer and effectively relieves the symptoms. Banning it would condemn millions to a huge amount of uneccesary pain.

All drugs are sold wiht detailed information as to their uses and possible side effects. It is up to the users of the drugs to read them.

>> I guess if you are attending a nephrology clinic then you have some sort of
>> kidney problem and you should indeed avoid taking Ibuprofen. However the suggestion that it should
>> be banned ...

Of course a nephrologist is going to see people who've got kidney trouble. Some of that may be due to, or worsened by, taking Ibuprofen or other NSAI's. Hell of a leap from there to saying it should be banned. Being a kidney doctor doesn't necessarily make him an expert on pain relief for other complaints.

Bit like the A&E doctors who demand compulsory helmets for cyclists are 'experts' on two wheeled safety.

I need to mention this to The Lad who has occasional haematuria with a probable diagnosis of IgA nephropathy. Condition is srable and the neprology clinic discharged him back to the bGP. He is though supposed to go for an 'MoT' blood and urine test every year - try getting a bone idle 20yo t actually book the appointment......
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Tue 21 Oct 14 at 14:57
 Boots right up my nose - bathtub tom
>> For those suffering from arthritis and other inflammatory diseases it is an effective pain killer

I regret the day my GP stopped prescribing diclofenac sodium (I'm over 65 with a heart problem) and didn't replace it with anything else. I'm allergic to Ibuprofen.

Perhaps I'll go back and bang my fist on his desk, even if it does hurt like hell after.
>>I regret the day my GP stopped prescribing diclofenac sodium (I'm over 65 with a heart problem) and didn't replace it with anything else. I'm allergic to Ibuprofen.

Diclofenac is probably the most dangerous anti-inflammatory to give someone with heart disease.

Naproxen, which is about as effective, appears to be a low-risk drug with respect to the heart.

However, it is at least as nasty on the stomach (ulcers/GI bleeding) and the kidneys (see above) so far less anti-inflammatories are used than in the past for arthritic pain.

The much-maligned paracetamol still appears to be by far the safest analgesic in normal dosage (1000mg 4 times daily for a typical adult). I'd usually suggest using it at full dose for a week or so before saying it doesn't help.

Mixing any anti-inflammatory with other drugs that can stress kidneys is frowned upon (eg. diuretics such as bendroflumethiazide or furosemide, and ACE inhibitors with names ending in -pril and closely related drugs which end in -sartan)

As usual, medical 'evidence' relates to entire populations rather than individuals so advice should really be offered as appropriate for the patient - some patients may accept a greater degree of risk than others for a given improvement in quality of life.

We have some Ibuprofen but I don't take it. Aspirin suits me best. But before I found the good treatments for cluster headaches, the only thing that worked, albeit briefly, was full dose of paracetamol and full dose of aspirin, taken simultaneously. I know paracetamol's OK if one doesn't overdose on it.
I regret the day my GP stopped prescribing diclofenac sodium (I'm over 65 with a heart problem) and didn't replace it with anything else. I'm allergic to Ibuprofen.

Based on what I was suggest to try when it was decided diclofenac was a risk, would Naproxen work? It is another Nsaid so would depend a bit on your reaction.
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Tue 21 Oct 14 at 20:23
 Boots right up my nose - Dutchie
Diana has a new drug prescribes by a N.H.S Chinese doctor.Tapentadol controlled drug.

Osteoarthritis.It is helping with the pain took a long wait for this drug.Expensive.

Talking of Ibruprofen, you cannot buy the 400mg size in the USA. I always take large quantities with me for my USA friends who pop them before & after skiing. And hiking. And kayaking.
Now going to investigate the side effects....thanks for the heads up.
>>My "quack" won't prescribe enteric coated Aspirin....

It's because it is less effective at preventing blood clots than dispersible.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16794200

Equivalent doses of the enteric-coated aspirin were not as effective as plain aspirin. Lower bioavailability of these preparations and poor absorption from the higher pH environment of the small intestine may result in inadequate platelet inhibition, particularly in heavier subjects
Is it common for GPs to have to sort out the problems caused by amateur self medicators? If so is it more common now that "advice" is available on line?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Tue 21 Oct 14 at 19:16
Love the euphimism heavier subjects for fat people.
Our doc seems to have a PC infection. :)
Amateur self-medicators tend to be healthy 'worried well' and are therefore fairly resistant to the side effects of their chosen treatments (which are often neither effective nor dangerous anyway, such as vitamins).

By definition, though, they are also pretty unlikely to benefit from them.

The commonest self-medication we see causing problems on a regular basis is alcohol - can make a good time more fun, but it always makes a bad time worse.

Occasionally I've seen idiots trying to treat their flare ups of gout with massive doses of ibuprofen/diclofenac (sometimes taking 5x the recommended maximum daily dose) - gout is easy to treat if you know what your doing - ulcers are easy to cause if you don't.
Last edited by: Lygonos on Tue 21 Oct 14 at 19:29
>> The commonest self-medication we see causing problems on a regular basis is alcohol - can make a good time more fun, but it always makes a bad time worse.

Oh dear... but that makes sense, alas.

About time you showed up here Lygonos. I was hoping for a pro or con line on the silly bint in Boots, just doing her duty of course but what gives counterhands the right to treat one as a child? Seems an outrage to me.

>> About time you showed up here Lygonos. I was hoping for a pro or con
>> line on the silly bint in Boots, just doing her duty of course but what
>> gives counterhands the right to treat one as a child? Seems an outrage to me.

It wasn't the counterhand who denied you, it was the pharmacist

Inappropriate self medication and addiction to over the counter medicines (particularity opiates like codeine painkillers or kaolin/morphine mix) is perceived to be a big problem. Health ministry and local trading bods are on backs of pharmacies over issue.

Result is that, like age challenges for booze in supermarkets, staff are expected to meet a quota for challenges.

Mrs B and I both self medicate with ibuprofen/paracetamol codeine mixes for backache and tension headache (when will Syndol return to our shelves?). Not only is there a restriction on number of tablets bought but there's also an aggressive 'no more than three days use' issue with codeine products.

We spread ourselves widely around the town's pharmacies but are occasionally challenged/denied.
>> We spread ourselves widely around the town's pharmacies but are occasionally challenged/denied.

Goodness. So this crap happens to other people too.

I wish I'd gone in to see the pharmacist. He was entirely reasonable I thought, anyway a couple of years ago. Not the sort of cat to treat one as a child.

It can't be anything to do with money. Aspirin is practically free. I think it's governmental in some way. Carphounds.
 Boots right up my nose - Zero
Good Lord Brompie, I thought you were an upstanding pillar of society, but in short order we find you have a drink and drugs problem.
>> but it always makes a bad time worse.

Actually I'm not sure that's 100% true on reflection. When my father died I went to his house and when the dust cleared found his bottle of Macallan, which I drank with my doctor sister. She went back to New Zealand after the funeral, but I liked the whiskers and drank a few more bottles. They helped in a way, up to a point.

You just have to stop some time, before you are too far down the slippery slope. Always been lucky like that, and old enough now to think I've got away with it.
>>but I liked the whiskers and drank a few more bottles.

Ah but you were enjoying the Macallan (and why wouldn't you?) - you weren't trying to treat a depression.
>> Ah but you were enjoying the Macallan (and why wouldn't you?) - you weren't trying to treat a depression.

Both I think. You know how it is. I was quite down. Obviously the Macallan tasting good was cheering in a way.
You'd likely have recovered at least as well/quickly without the whisky - bereavement isn't a mental health disorder: it's normal human (animal?) behaviour. Abnormal reactions happen quite frequently though, and in these cases you'd not find the same solace in the Scotch.

For all I know the Macallan might now be enmeshed in your brain with positive memories of the old man.
>> For all I know the Macallan might now be enmeshed in your brain with positive memories of the old man.

Heh heh... you're a smart cat Lygonos.

:o}
On the other hand, my colleague bought a bottle of Macallan 18yo when he passed his exams and said it was the best whisky he'd tasted.

He looked it up a year or two ago thinking of tracking another bottle and was upset to see how much it was now worth....

www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-10213.aspx

Not sure he's got such fond memories any more ;-)
There's a bottle of Macallan which, at the time of its purchase, was 25 years old somewhere here which was given to me as a wedding present quite a long time ago. I plan to open it on the occasion of my son's 21st. It may not have improved and indeed may have tired by then but it will at least deserve a ceremonial drinking by then. Come to think of it, I don't know where it is. My wife says she knows but won't say for some reason. I've never searched for it or pressed her for the information but I've no reason to suspect it isn't here somewhere. There are a number of cupboards etc I never seem to need or indeed have sufficient curiousity to explore.
>> Love the euphemism heavier subjects for fat people.
>>
Guilty as charged. :-)
 Boots right up my nose - Ted

I love my Pharmacist !

Was at the dentists on Monday morning after having 6 bottom teeth removed a couple of weeks ago. He needed to do me an impression ( sadly, he didn't have a fez ) For the time being I only have the two lower canines sticking up.

Any road up, I'd walked down to the village and was feeling a bit tired on the way back so I called in at the apothecary's to have a sit down. I told the main man what I'd had to endure and he asked for a look. The sod pointed my predicament out to his female staff. Much sniggering ensued ! One said I looked like the Gruffalo.......

I told him I'd take my business elsewhere...to a proper chemist.....and he said " Well, f*** off there then !" Really !

Wifey went in later to collect her scrip and there was more hilarity !

I wonder if I could discreetly buy enough acid to dissolve a 5'2" woman !
 Boots right up my nose - Kevin
>For the time being I only have the two lower canines sticking up.

Wrong time of year to have central eating taken out Ted.
 Boots right up my nose - Falkirk Bairn
>>I wonder if I could discreetly buy enough acid to dissolve a 5'2" woman !

Just started the box set of Breaking Bad - they used Hydrofluoric Acid - remember to use LDPE box as the acid seems to eat everything apart from LDPE.

Watched some 13/14 episodes only about 140 to go - limit myself to 3/4 episodes per sitting - well really SWMBO limits me to 3!
I've just measured my BP shortly after splitting a few logs and getting just slightly out of breath. It was 131/85, heart rate 79.

It's hard to tell by listening, but my heart seems to skip an occasional beat, or stick a half-beat in from time to time. I always had a slow heart rate like my father, and in the end was given a pacemaker to prevent it from pausing for long enough to make me pass out (that was most unpleasant).

Unlike my father though, I may have been affected by bad habits in youth. It's said that long-term cannabis use slows the heart rate. And in my experience drink and non-stimulant substances tend to lower my blood pressure if anything. So far so good, is what I tend to think.

I went into the non-boots chemist in the same town today and asked the young girl behind the counter for 75mg aspirins. She asked an offhand elder for permission to get them out and warned me that they were dispersible ones. I said fine. She took the money and that was that.

There remains the problem of getting my regular blood pressure pills from Boots. I may get herself to go in for them. Otherwise I may have to hire a gorilla suit or a sweet little Domino face-mask. Herself says I shouldn't apologise to the lady I was rude to. Let sleeping dogs lie, she thinks.
 Boots right up my nose - Crankcase
I have an app for heart rate. I measure it from time to time. Perhaps three times a week. It's averaging 59 at the minute so I wouldn't have thought 79 slow? Mines never been higher than 68 I think when checking even after brisk walking.
>> I wouldn't have thought 79 slow?

You misunderstand me. I certainly don't think that's slow. It was measured not long after some physical exertion. Indeed it's only measured in figures when I use the blood pressure monitor. Can't be bothered to take my pulse with a stopwatch.

However my pacemaker isn't to stop my heart going pit-a-pat (like Tony Blair's), it's to prevent the rate falling below 60bpm. Obviously it isn't going to interfere when I'm out of breath and the rate is high. But I feel it twitching sometimes when I've been lying down for a while reading some boring scheiss.

I suppose one should take solace in the variability of one's heart rate. Means things are behaving more or less as they should, give or take a bit of robot stuff.

Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 23 Oct 14 at 19:42
>> give or take a bit of robot stuff.

The word I was trying to remember is 'cyborg'. I always have difficulty remembering it, perhaps out of natural modesty because (cough) I am one.
I lent my boxed set of 5 series to friends. They finished the lot in 3 weeks. Greedy so and so's
If only I could rewind and watch it all over again without having seen it. Priceless.
>> I wonder if I could discreetly buy enough acid to dissolve a 5'2" woman !

Ambiguity haunts that post Ted. It isn't clear whether you loved or hated being called the gruffalo. And who do you want to dissolve in acid? The counterhands at the pharmacy or Ms Ted?

I blame canteen culture.

If I told you that, Lud...I'd have to kill and eat you before the trial.

By the way, how tall are you ? Just asking..like !
>> By the way, how tall are you ? Just asking..like !

Not very. Slightly above average for my age (people were smaller in those days). Will that do?

I'd better order a few more gallons then...my snouts will seek you out.
>> a few more gallons then...my snouts will seek you out.

Now look here Ted, a joke's a joke, right? Your snouts aren't really after me are they?

(tiptoes away down dark alley only to meet a group of stony-faced Mancunian teenagers led by a gangling youth toting a laptop)

HaHa...armed with a loptap...that'll be Ratticus !
I got hold of footage of AC being accosted while wearing his hoodie.

Ted and Rats will need more guys...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MEg2Uue-68

(not sure what he was doing in Indonesia)

Last edited by: Lygonos on Sun 26 Oct 14 at 16:39
>> (not sure what he was doing in Indonesia)

If I told you I'd have to have you paralyzed with curare darts and eaten while still conscious by my Dyak colleagues, Ted.

No offence or anything. It won't come to that most likely. But I'm known to be indiscreet, and you could always get wind of something. Best lie low in the borders for a while.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 27 Oct 14 at 23:39
>> If I told you I'd have to have you paralyzed with curare darts and eaten while still conscious by my Dyak colleagues, Ted.

I mean Lygonos. Guh...
Latest Forum Posts