Non-motoring > Reflector Bulbs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 4

Reflector Bulbs - maltrap
My son has recently bought a house that has numerous reflector spotlights fitted in the kitchen & bathroom ceilings. Their sizes are R80 &R63, none of them seem to last very long & i'm getting fed up of changing them. Can anyone recommend any particular brand or type of reflector bulb that will give longer service ? Thanks in anticipation.
 Reflector Bulbs - Zero
R80

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IXV16AG/ref=pe_1054811_54841101_em_1p_0_ti

R63

www.amazon.co.uk/Replacment-Reflector-Light-Energy-saving/dp/B00F1DE1TM/ref=sr_1_2?s=lighting&ie=UTF8&qid=1412874368&sr=1-2&keywords=r63+led
 Reflector Bulbs - Stuartli
I buy my R80 bulbs from Home Bargains or Poundstretcher; they cost around £1 for two or three bulbs depending on brand.

I have three fitted in my bathroom which, obviously, has a damp atmosphere for some of the time. Even so the average life is at least two years or more per bulb.
 Reflector Bulb - WillDeBeest
I swapped the four R80 (I think - it was a long time ago) reflectors in our kitchen for coily-tube CFLs. Not the prettiest but there's no shortage of light and I replace typically one a year. Far less waste heat to worry about too.

I do like Z's LED suggestion, though. Very pleased with the LEDs I've used in place of halogen spots elsewhere, although prices still have some way to fall.
 Reflector Bulb - Bromptonaut
>> I do like Z's LED suggestion, though. Very pleased with the LEDs I've used in
>> place of halogen spots elsewhere, although prices still have some way to fall.

Likewise.

I've just replaced the GU10 halogen spots in the kitchen with 50 watt equivalent led bulbs. Needed a new fitting as old one (plastic) turned out to be heat stressed. LED bulbs seem to be spot rather than flood so took opportunity to go to four rather than three bulbs.
Latest Forum Posts