Non-motoring > 'Facelift' models Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mike Hannon Replies: 9

'Facelift' models - Mike Hannon
I just thought I'd say this here because I wanted to share it and couldn't think of anywhere else suitable.

Every time I see a photo of German Chancellor Angela Merkel I get the vague feeling that I've seen her somewhere before.
I dawned on me just now - she is what Anne Robinson would look like now if she hadn't invested all that money on the ultimate ego trip...
 'Facelift' models - RattleandSmoke
Ouch!
 'Facelift' models - Focusless
>> she is what Anne Robinson would look like
>> now if she hadn't invested all that money on the ultimate ego trip...

I should think she was also being financially astute by extending her lucrative TV presenting career for a few more years.
 'Facelift' models - Mike Hannon
That's a very interesting concept, isn't it? Rather than allowing oneself to mature into familiarity, why not rebuild one's face to save the programme makers from having to employ someone different/younger?
It would have been interesting to see Michael Parkinson or John Snow or Jeremy Paxman (for examples) trying the same strategy. Thank goodness that beautiful Zenab Badawi was never tempted to go down that road.

I guess I am only fascinated by this because I turned on the sat TV back along and recognised I was watching The Weakest Link. It took me a long time to realise that I was looking at Anne Robinson.
I also have a problem with TWL. Many years ago at Christmas my friend bought the board game version and we all sat down to play it. I didn't really understand how it worked but I was way ahead of everyone else when it came to answering the questions. Then the computer voted me off! Everyone fell about with laughing. I'm still resentful to this very day...
 'Facelift' models - Zero
>> I'm still resentful to this very day...

And therein lies the key to the programs appeal.
 'Facelift' models - Focusless
>> >> I'm still resentful to this very day...
>>
>> And therein lies the key to the programs appeal.

Eg. it was quite funny when David Tennant got voted off the Dr Who special; he was also doing quite well at the time IIRC.
 'Facelift' models - Dog
I think our Annie looks grrreat at 65 for an ex alcoholic with about £60m under her bed,
Some byrds look like mutton no matter how much money they throw at their boat,
I hope I never get rich enough (or vain enough) to want to wear a syrup though.

:D
 'Facelift' models - BiggerBadderDave
I'd do her.
 'Facelift' models - Dog
>>I'd do her.<<

Hahaha! D'ya know Bad Dave, I was thinking of you when I posted that,
I had a close encounter with a 65 year old German (Woman) when I was 40,
she'd been married 3 times so taught me quite a bit (about The Fatherland)
Funny ole life!

:)
 'Facelift' models - BiggerBadderDave
And the blonde one out of ABBA too.

Older women... mmmm
Latest Forum Posts