Non-motoring > Cover story Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Runfer D'Hills Replies: 5

Cover story - Runfer D'Hills
Would a rather smart flip over leather cover thingy be capable of causing my IPhone 5s to have a poor signal and microphone response?

Just that since I've had it, people say they can't hear me very well although it does seem to leave the microphone exposed. Obviously, I can't hear what they do so I've just pressed on. However, I recorded a new greeting on the thing and played it back to hear myself impersonating Norman Collier.

After several attempts it was always the same. So, I took the jolly posh looking leather flip cover thing off and tried again. Dulcets clear as a bell that time.

Irritating coincidence or inevitability?

I must be the only person ever to miss their old BlackBerry

;-)
 Cover story - No FM2R
[deleted my note because I can't read]
Last edited by: No FM2R on Fri 25 Jul 14 at 18:19
 Cover story - Runfer D'Hills
Thanks Mark, I'll file that under "stuff to do when really really bored" ;-)

Edit - now it will remain a mystery to all...
Last edited by: Runfer D'Hills on Fri 25 Jul 14 at 18:22
 Cover story - R.P.
Did you visit Ireland last couple of weeks Humph ?
 Cover story - VxFan
>> Would a rather smart flip over leather cover thingy be capable of causing my IPhone
>> 5s to have a poor microphone response?

My friends 5s is the same and his isn't inside a case. It seems the microphone is very directional. He's only got to hold the phone at a slightly different angle and his voice goes very quiet and tinny.
 Cover story - Manatee
My experience of my iPhone 4S, and calls with users of other versions, is that iPhones are poor as phones. I used my 4S almost entirely with the Apple wired headset or a Plantronics M55 bluetooth one for 2 years.

Less brain irradiation too:)
Latest Forum Posts