Non-motoring > Posting YouTube videos.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 6

Posting YouTube videos.... - No FM2R
A spot of advice please, from anyone who posts YouTube videos (pay attention Zero).

One of my girls wants to post videos to YouTube. She wants to do this in response to other people she knows who do the same. It is all seriously juvenile, boring rubbish, but she enjoys watching these monologues from others and wants to post her own.

She has shown me the video she made, and its quite sweet in the way that only a parent could think. But it is just her sitting at her computer spouting a stream of random [barely] consciousness.

They are so tedious that they attract little in the way of abusive and foul mouth idiots in the comments section, although there is some.

There is also little in the way of negative comment and hatred, although there is some.

I've discussed it with her, and the potential for comments or reaction to be hurtful etc. etc.

I'm minded to let her do it, I believe strongly in learning experiences, but I'd welcome the perspectives and thoughts of others before I actually say she can. I have a vague worry that I can't put my finger on.

Mostly I am concerned that I haven't thought of something, since I've never posted a YouTube video, nor have ever considered doing so, and so don't quite know what goes on.
Why was this moved to "Computer Related"?

I don't want to know how to do it, what software to use or anything like that. I would like opinions from a parenting / behavioral point of view.

Please move it back.
 Posting YouTube videos.... - VxFan
>> Why was this moved to "Computer Related"?

I wasn't aware that it had.

>> Please move it back.

---> kick
 Posting YouTube videos.... - Zero
Perspectives.

The poster of videos can set it up in such a way that comments can be prevented in total, moderated before they appear, or restricted to approved people, contacts or lists. She can prevent her videos being imbedded in other sites, she can restrict viewing of videos to friends or lists.

It would be good to set up an anonymous profile on youtube, but I would guess she wants to link them to Facebook, Twitter and G+ profiles so thats a waste of time. You can hide your email address on youtube.

Its the way of the modern world, to prevent her or restrict her from social media is unfair, so I guess you just need to prepare her.

There are a lot of nasty people on the net, and they all get to browse youtube, so just warn her to be prepared, but remind her she is in control.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 24 Jul 14 at 14:18
 Posting YouTube videos.... - Crankcase
You might care to see the sort of vile and depraved stuff people post. I found many of them amusing. Another adult with a similarly juvenile sense of humour might do too.

runt-of-the-web.com/worst-youtube-comments

The anonymous profile is a good idea. She will want to link it, although I am assured that Facebook is for old people these days, but I might insist on anonymous for the first one.

Can you make it non-anonymous at a later date?
 Posting YouTube videos.... - Zero
>> The anonymous profile is a good idea. She will want to link it, although I
>> am assured that Facebook is for old people these days, but I might insist on
>> anonymous for the first one.
>>
>> Can you make it non-anonymous at a later date?

yes you can change your channel name and details at any time. All videos still link together - old and new
Latest Forum Posts