Non-motoring > Sporting heroes Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 16

Sporting heroes - Armel Coussine
On the whole I don't mind them although I hate sport.

But I particularly dislike golf which is deadly boring and in my experience played by deadly bores. And its current and past supremo is the appalling Rory Macilroy, an utter little screamer who stood a lady up at the altar the other day.

Amazing such a person can be shoved in our faces all day long by all channels. Only 'My Child is a Monkey' was getting more exposure earlier this evening. A difficult choice.
 Sporting heroes - legacylad
Golf bores the donkey off me also, but to win whatever competition it was he must be an excellent player so credit due there.
As for dumping someone at the altar I think he chose to split from his fiancée just before the wedding. Very sad but better to do that than go ahead with all the following ramifications. No idea how he dumped her but I hope it was civilised and done with honesty and dignity.
 Sporting heroes - Zero
You can't use the Phil Collins method any more - Wife no 2 dumped via a fax machine.
>> No idea how he dumped her but I hope it was civilised and done with honesty and dignity.

I know that she too is a rich and powerful sporting hero, but she had done all her honeymoon clothes shopping the comic said. Seems to me more cruel to do that to a woman than a man, on the face of it anyway (but I have old-fashioned attitudes).

Caddish behaviour. Looking 12 years old is no excuse.
 Sporting heroes - Pat
>>Seems to me more cruel to do that to a woman than a man, on the face of it anyway<<

But it isn't, men hurt just as women do but seem to think they shouldn't show it. Hurt and humiliation when it is so public is just as hard for both sides.

Being entirely honest, if they were really in tune as a couple she would surely have realised he was not entirely happy about getting married and sensed the doubts.

No blame on either side from me and far better to man up before the event than after, in fact, I thought it was handled very well from both sides.

Pat
 Sporting heroes - CGNorwich
"But it isn't, men hurt just as women do but seem to think they shouldn't show it."

And of course they shouldn't . I've seen more than enough men blubbing in public, discussing their emotional turmoil and thinking anyone is remotely interested.

Sporting heroes - Pat
>>I've seen more than enough men blubbing in public, discussing their emotional turmoil and thinking anyone is remotely interested.
<<

What a selfish outlook.

Pat
 Sporting heroes - CGNorwich
I think you overestimate how much people really care and empathise with the problems of others outside their immediate family and friends. It's just not possible or we would all be emotional wrecks. The modern fashion for pouring out your personal problems to all and sundry in the mistaken belief threat it will somehow help is just emotional incontinence.

I blame the media.

Sporting heroes - Pat
>>The modern fashion for pouring out your personal problems to all and sundry in the mistaken belief threat it will somehow help is just emotional incontinence.
<<

With that I agree, but where did I say 'pouring out personal problems to all and sundry in public?'

I simply stated that men think they shouldn't show they are hurt, generally I find a bit of empathy when someone bites your head off for no reason, usually uncovers something more important.

I shall change my forum name to commonlymistakenpat.

Pat
 Sporting heroes - Duncan
>>>> I shall change my forum name to commonlymistakenpat.
>>
>> Pat

Or perhaps commonlygettingholdofthewrongendofthestickandrefusingtoletgoevenwhenit
ispointedoutpat.

;-)))
 Sporting heroes - Pat
I'm off to talk to my plants...they understand me, so do the cats.

Pat
 Sporting heroes - Pat

Stupid swear filter....
Last edited by: Pat on Tue 22 Jul 14 at 17:25
 Sporting heroes - Zero
>> I'm off to talk to my plants...they understand me, so do the cats.
>>
>> Pat

Perhaps you need to change your name to Looneypat?
 Sporting heroes - Pat
Look, I've ignored the fact your back and until you admit you missed me I shall continue to do so!

Pat
 Sporting heroes - Zero
I assumed that because I am not a plant or a pussy, you were not talking to me.
 Sporting heroes - No FM2R
>>I assumed that because I am not a plant or a pussy, you were not talking to me.

Funny you should say that, because whilst I've never heard you described as a plant...........
>> men hurt just as women do but seem to think they shouldn't show it. Hurt and humiliation when it is so public is just as hard for both sides.

I know you think there's no real difference in your classical feminist fashion Pat (don't argue!), but the difference seems to me to be bound up with the importance of appearance and presentation in the way girls are conventionally brought up. Even rebellious girls give way in the end to the dominant ideology.

A man may love the girl and suffer hurt feelings if she changes her mind, especially if she's a manipulative type who has been stringing him along. But the girl will have gone to trouble and expense to make herself look nice and fragrant, all that. To turn her down at the last minute is to reduce all that to nothing and says clearly she doesn't look nice and isn't fragrant enough.

Much worse than for a man I reckon. Perhaps I'm a sentimentalist, I dunno.
Latest Forum Posts