Non-motoring > Channel 4 on Freeview Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Slidingpillar Replies: 6

Channel 4 on Freeview - Slidingpillar
All channels in their stable are working, but the EPG is missing from about Friday night onwards (should be there till next Monday midnight).

That is the status with my Humax PVR which wakes up and populates the EPG in the small hours, my Sony TV sort of agrees, but is worse as it only downloads EPG info while being watched.

Transmitter is Crystal Palace.

Is it just me, or do others have similar problems?

I don't watch anything on their channels live as if recorded, I can skip the adverts!
Last edited by: Slidingpillar on Mon 16 Jun 14 at 09:29
On the basis that Channel 4 EPG is now correct, along with some others in their stable, and More 4 still shows the problem, I'm going to assume somebody there is working on the issue.

The Sony TV and Humax PVR agree too.
 Channel 4 on Freeview - diddy1234
Could be related to your transmitter.
I have no issues from sandy heath transmitter.
I too have a humax box that turns on at 6am then turns off at 7am to get the seven day EPG guide.
I doubt it is the transmitter actually. I could find out how the data is carried, but I'm supposed to be retired. (I do have a reasonable bunch of contacts).

The series linked programme on C4 has now put itself in so that's a start anyway.
 Channel 4 on Freeview - WillDeBeest
(I do have a reasonable bunch of contacts).

Shouldn't that be 'coconuts'?
};---)
 Channel 4 on Freeview - Ambo
My Humax PVR is Freesat but both channels are OK on it. Likewise on Freeview, which I get from my roof aerial (without a set-top box).
Still no 'More 4' information from Saturday onwards. I don't think the data source is the same for Freesat by the way, but I've never investigated this.

I'm going to leave the PVR tuned to 'More 4' and worry about it later.
Latest Forum Posts