Non-motoring > Panasonic Lumix Miscellaneous
Thread Author: No FM2R Replies: 14

Panasonic Lumix - No FM2R
No. 2 daughter, wanting to use a camera like her sister, has dug a Lumix DMC-TZ3 out of a drawer and is using it. In normal light it takes rather nice pictures, actually.

But in bright light it loses the plot and generates a greyish picture with white curved lines across it. It seems to be failing to adjust to the amount of light. The screen on the back doesn't show the lines or loss of colour, but is clearly white-ing out where the bright bits are.

Any suggestions? Or is it a repairers job?
 Panasonic Lumix - Bromptonaut
Not Lumix specific but general digicam troubleshoot.

Quick look through settings to check tihngs like scenes/modes, sensitivity, white balance and exposure compensation are appropriately set?

If you're in lack of FM2R territory then I suspect a copy will be available on line somewhere.
I've got the FM and I've read it, its not very good.

I don't know if those settings are appropriate or not, but if I put it on automatic the problem happens, and if I put it on manual and mess around with the settings aimlessly it still happens.

I'll revisit and try more. What's ISO? and since I can set it to auto or from 100 - 1250, do you have a suggestion?

As far as we know it was working when it was carefully put away [dumped in a drawer and forgotten], but who knows.
Sorry about stupid questions, but I've found a setting called "Slow Shutter". Which would be faster 1/8 or 1?
And under Sensitivity, what is "AWB"?
 Panasonic Lumix - WillDeBeest
1/8 is an eighth of a second, still a long time in photographic terms unless you have the camera fixed on a support. 1 is a whole second, which is an age.

AWB is an unsavoury rump of white supremacists in South Africa. Or more probably here, Auto White Balance, a useful default setting good for most outdoor situations but likely to look peculiar under artificial light.
Assuming you can see this link here are two pictures out of my office window. One is from the Lumix and the other is from my phone.

8< snip. Link removed at OPs request
Last edited by: VxFan on Wed 23 Dec 20 at 02:49
 Panasonic Lumix - WillDeBeest
Assuming the camera itself is sound, my guess is that you've got the sensitivity (ISO) set unintentionally high. Try finding the setting (somewhere in the quick menu or its equivalent) to set it to Auto or, say, 100. That might save the sensor from being maxed out by the bright light.
 Panasonic Lumix - Focusless
>> Assuming you can see this link here are two pictures out of my office window.

What a fantastic view!
 Panasonic Lumix - Roger.

>> If you're in lack of FM2R territory then I suspect a copy will be available
>> on line somewhere.
Long memory there, Bromps!
 Panasonic Lumix - spamcan61
Stick the camera on 'auto everything' or 'green button' or 'red camera' or whatever it's called in the TZ3 and have a go like that
Did that, no improvement. At least, I think I did that, its called "Intelligent Mode" or something.

I guess its repair shop time, a dodgy thing anywhere, but particularly here.
 Panasonic Lumix - Fenlander
>>>I guess its repair shop time,

Is it worth it... loads of those cameras sell for £30 or so on ebay.
 Panasonic Lumix - rtj70
Why was the camera discarded in the drawer to be found now? Was it working before? I bet it costs more to get someone to look at it and then fix it than it is to buy something new.
Well, the chances or getting it fixed successfully are small, but if I can it will be cheap - £5-£10.

So I'll throw a fiver at it for simplicity's sake.

And ebay doesn't exist in Chile, so any purchase has to be imported. And you have no idea the red tape and cost! And unreliability, for that matter.
Latest Forum Posts