Non-motoring > Online eyesight colour test. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 30

Online eyesight colour test. - Fenlander
www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge

Scored 8... lower score the better... always thought I had a reasonable judge of hue.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Crankcase
I always do the worst of anyone here on these blasted tests, so I'm pleased to report in this instance I got a zero - perfect.

This was achieved by the simple expedient of pressing "submit" without actually doing anything else.

My kind of test.

Online eyesight colour test. - Armel Coussine
I'm surprised by how badly I did - 38.

I am pushing 76 and a man. Even so, hell's bells... I was once so drunk at the wheel that the traffic lights seemed to turn blue instead of green. Those days are long past of course, but perhaps they, and the period of heavy amphetamine use in the early sixties, harmed my eyesight. I sometimes think so.

I still like and sometimes appreciate artworks though. It just isn't certain I am seeing the same ones as everyone else.
 Online eyesight colour test. - No FM2R
12, but got bored towards the end.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Ted

Crankie's the winner then..........I moved one square just to see what happened and scored 1180 !
 Online eyesight colour test. - Fenlander
I was sort of tuned up for it having spent 20mins yesterday in the local model shop asking to have every hue and variant of Humbrol grey taken to the window to try and match with a bit of interior trim from the 525 I wanted to touch up.

The lady stood it quite well really.

Take it seriously these model folks... Humbrol do 23 shades of grey.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Thu 5 Jun 14 at 15:34
 Online eyesight colour test. - Crankcase

>> Take it seriously these model folks... Humbrol do 23 shades of grey.

We're just grateful they don't do 50.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Bromptonaut
>> I was sort of tuned up for it having spent 20mins yesterday in the local
>> model shop asking to have every hue and variant of Humbrol grey taken to the
>> window to try and match

My late Father was a colour chemist by profession and instilled in the whole family need to check colour of (e.g.) clothing in different lights. The lab at his work had a special cabinet which could be lit with tungsten filament, warm or cool fluorescent tube or a special daylight lamp. The difference in some dyes was quite marked.

Must be quite common though as staff at local Dunelm mill understood entirely when Mrs B and I wanted to take curtains and bedding to window to ensure colours that looked good under tube lights were OK in daylight.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Haywain
Scored zero.
I didn't expect you all to turn out such a bunch of girls.

No offence of course. Nothing wrong with girls en principe. I like them as a rule.
"such a bunch of girls"

One has to consider the hue of one's eye-liner with care, dooncha know? [pout, pout]
Last edited by: Haywain on Thu 5 Jun 14 at 16:06
 Online eyesight colour test. - Pat
What's eyeliner?;)

I got 23.

Pat
 Online eyesight colour test. - Ted

Eyes ???
>> What's eyeliner?;)

Kohl paint, used by girls to show where their eyes are amid all the coloured eyeshadow and glitter dust...

One of my descendants (I think) once painted quite convincing open eyes on her eyelids. The effect was pleasingly weird and very creepy.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Aretas
I got 20.
Before I pushed the "submit" button I did a screen dump of my result. Looking at it I can see changes that should be made. All a question of how much time do you want to waste.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Cliff Pope
I don't see how some people apparently scored 1520 when the index only goes up to 99.
That must mean some people have actively perverse sight, deliberately putting shades in the wrong order, not just making obvious mistakes.

Was it just me, or are there slight patterns in the colors, with gradually tapering lines which align when the squares are in the right order?

I tried to use the column chart of weaknesses to have another go at those points, but when I went back some of the squares had been moved around.

I noticed that narrowing my eyes slightly changed the relative shades slightly, sending a sort of ripple across the chart. I begin to wonder whether there isn't a fallacy in colour appreciation anyway. Surely how a colour appears depends on the light with which it is viewed? So if you tint the light adjacent to a colour with another colour, you are no longer viewing it in the same light?
My second son, a graphic designer, also scored zero. He's suggested that it might be because we are both using Macs, y'know, high quality monitors, finest computers available etc ;-)
 Online eyesight colour test. - Westpig
I got 240
 Online eyesight colour test. - swiss tony
32 here... 52 year old male...
 Online eyesight colour test. - rtj70
I got 16.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Rudedog
72, is that bad? my son has blue/purple colour blindness, didn't think it came from me!
 Online eyesight colour test. - CGNorwich
"my son has blue/purple colour blindness,"

avstop.com/medical/eye.html

can you see the number in the second circle?
A test for colour blindness.

www.colour-blindness.com/colour-blindness-tests/ishihara-colour-test-plates/
 Online eyesight colour test. - rtj70
I tried that and couldn't see numbers on plates 14 and 15.... and then found this site:

cataract-surgery.info/colour_blindness_test.html

Apparently I shouldn't if I had normal colour vision.
 Online eyesight colour test. - VxFan
159, but then I am colour blind.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Ambo
>>159, but then I am colour blind.

I got 16 at age 83. Maybe no alcohol for two months helped. (It doesn't go with painkillers I am having but I am thinking of giving it up for good.)
I did try the test above and passed with no problems, reading further it seems blue CB is one of the ones that isn't' passed on by the male and is quite rare, probably explains why my son has no blue clothes and wears a lot of green/grey.
 Online eyesight colour test. - Duncan
>> "my son has blue/purple colour blindness,"
>>
>>
>> avstop.com/medical/eye.html
>>
>>
>> can you see the number in the second circle?
>>

Yes I can see the 0 in the middle circle, I remember discovering my son's problem because he could never pick me ripe blackberries he always choose the red ones and then I mentioned it at his next eye test at the opticians.
have you tried the ishihara test above?
 Online eyesight colour test. - Mapmaker
Well, I got six. But the computer screen was doing funny things to my eyes by the end of it...
Latest Forum Posts