Non-motoring > OMG! Maggots Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 26

OMG! Maggots - Fullchat
I went out of the back door last night to go to the bin and the drive was alive with maggots, and I mean alive! Likewise the wheelie bin that holds the compostable materials. I can only assume that was their starting point.

Another week until that gets emptied and I scrubbed it clean a week ago.

This morning they have all gone, a couple of stragglers in the bin but all gone!

So the question is where have that many maggots gone?
 OMG! Maggots - NortonES2
Eaten. Or in hiding.
 OMG! Maggots - Slidingpillar
Turned into flies, hiding, so that they can mob you at the least convenient moment.
 OMG! Maggots - Lygonos
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcuyYhCTDMo

Check your elbows.

Enjoy
Last edited by: Lygonos on Sat 24 May 14 at 11:05
 OMG! Maggots - Fullchat
Thanks Doc :S

Bit of a whimp the first geezer. Brings a whole new meaning to the 'mines bigger than yours' game.

Now for lunch :(
 OMG! Maggots - Dog
>>So the question is where have that many maggots gone?

Returned to their respective LimpDem constituencies, I should imagine.
 OMG! Maggots - Ambo
I am now wondering if I really need dinner tonight
 OMG! Maggots - Cliff Pope
I didn't think maggots just decide to go crawling about out in the open? In my experience they stay in seething masses on whatever they are eating, close to where they hatched, until ready to turn into flies.
I'd guess that someone upended the bin and tipped them out.
 OMG! Maggots - Fullchat
Nope. No movement of the bin.
 OMG! Maggots - madf
Your compost bin is overflowing...
 OMG! Maggots - Fullchat
Nope. No more than 1/4 full.
 OMG! Maggots - Armel Coussine
The only explanation then is some supernatural agency. Are you sure all your professional contacts have always been kosher Fc?

Did the maggots make a sort of B-movie seething noise? That's a sure sign.

I'm sure everyone will pray for you, just in case.

:o}
 OMG! Maggots - No FM2R
I'd guess Norton is right, they were eaten.

As to where they came from, somebody (or perhaps an animal) must have upended a chunk from the bin, surely?
 OMG! Maggots - madf
Your attempt at emulating Fred West has been scuppered due to your inability to bury the body deep enough.
 OMG! Maggots - Ted

Make sure you tuck your trousers into your socks before you go out....be very afraid !!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8uYE6TJ5X8
 OMG! Maggots - Fullchat
00.20. Just got home from a night out. There are few crawling around the drive, some have been suitably dispatched under foot. The bin has not been upended by animal or human. I can only assume its crawling under the surface.
>> 00.20. Just got home from a night out. There are few crawling around the drive,
>>

I think that's one of the signs. The subject is convinced there are moths fluttering round his head, bats in his hair, spiders with red staring eyes advancing across his bed-spread.
He flails horror-struck at the attackers, cries out in terror, but when his despairing family appear and turn the lights on, there is nothing there. The maggots have vanished.

Until next time.
Last edited by: Cliff Pope on Sun 25 May 14 at 11:24
 OMG! Maggots - madf
I blame the advanced stages of dementia....or alcoholism
 OMG! Maggots - Ambo
Can dead wildlife be put in black bins? I can't find any guidance my council website.
 OMG! Maggots - No FM2R
>>Can dead wildlife be put in black bins?

I think that's going a bit far. He's only seeing ghost maggots, he's not actually dead.
 OMG! Maggots - Ambo
OK but can such as dead birds go in? Now found some more info. Dog faeces and cat litter can go in and I suppose discarded meat always has been. Animals are not listed under Hazardous Waste, which is mostly concerned with chemical products.
 OMG! Maggots - No FM2R
Well for Cherwell there is nothing saying that they can't go in. And it says that uncooked meat may go in.

So I would assume so.

Probably better to seek forgiveness rather than permission.
 OMG! Maggots - madf
>> Can dead wildlife be put in black bins? I can't find any guidance my council
>> website.
>>

We've put two foxes in black bin liners and several magpies ditto into the rubbish bin...and no doubt will do more.

(We draw the lien at cows:-)
 OMG! Maggots - No FM2R
>>(We draw the lien at cows:-)

There ought to be a witty pun there, but I cannot for the life of me think of one.
 OMG! Maggots - Haywain
">>(We draw the lien at cows:-)

There ought to be a witty pun there, but I cannot for the life of me think of one."

Bin would be too heavy to moo-ve?
 OMG! Maggots - No FM2R
I was thinking more of lien vs line, but I'm drawing a blank. Too much brain-sapping plonk last night, I suspect.

>>
>> We've put two foxes in black bin liners and several magpies ditto into the rubbish
>> bin...and no doubt will do more.
>>

That's a rather poor bag. Not much hunting round your part of the world?
Latest Forum Posts