Non-motoring > Politcally Incorrect Politician Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 9

Politcally Incorrect Politician - Robin O'Reliant
In the context of the event it is of course disgusting behaviour. But there is something curiously refreshing about a politician going from the heart without parroting the words of his spin doctors or party PR machine -

www.businessinsider.com.au/turkey-soma-protest-pictures-2014-5
 Politcally Incorrect Politician - Manatee
He is the spin doctor!
 Politcally Incorrect Politician - Armel Coussine

>> He is the spin doctor!

Yes. And another clip that I saw showed the prime minister 'slapping' - actually punching repeatedly someone on the ground - during a big mine demo.

One imagines some demonstrators say things these thuggish politicians regard as unjustified and unforgivable. I don't doubt that they do. I dislike militancy and political demos for that reason among others.

Of course given the example set by the suits it's hardly surprising when the hoi polloi behave badly.

>> given the example set by the suits it's hardly surprising when the hoi polloi behave badly.

... Needless to say the demonstrators have a point: the mining company and the government are unsurprisingly in a 'long term close relationship' or 'in bed together'. And if safety standards are not all they might be, the supervising authority - the government - can be held responsible.

That said, big mine disasters happen sometimes and allotting blame when people are still down there seems a bit pointless.

Politcally Incorrect Politician - Cliff Pope
Didn't John Prescott punch someone?
>> Didn't John Prescott punch someone?

A guy who hit him on the back of the head with an egg. Who wouldn't?

I guess his heavies had been a bit slow in the uptake. Perhaps he was on bad terms with them.

The Turkish stuff is a bit different.
 Politcally Incorrect Politician - R.P.
Just been watching Hew Strachan's history of the first war....the episode about Turkey. They're not very nice people are they ? (Generally speaking of course) I have known a few Turks over the years who were just fine and I would prefer to live next door to them than Farage.
 Politcally Incorrect Politician - Manatee
>> Just been watching Hew Strachan's history of the first war....the episode about Turkey. They're not
>> very nice people are they ? (Generally speaking of course)

Generally speaking is when the trouble starts :)

I didn't see what you saw - but it often seems to depend on which end of the telescope you are.
 Politcally Incorrect Politician - VxFan
>> Didn't John Prescott punch someone?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1oSfHybz9o

He tells the same story at every interview.

www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnpresco416028.html

"There was only one punch. Tony Blair rang me and he said 'Are you OK?' and I said 'Yes', and he said 'Well, what happened?' and I said 'I was just carrying out your orders. You told us to connect with the electorate, so I did."

Politcally Incorrect Politician - Cliff Pope
Legislative violence is quite common apparently:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legislative_violence

Two recent examples in the UK.

Two earlier examples were Charles I marching into the Commons with a troupe of soldiers to arrest some members, but finding that "the birds had flown", and Oliver Cromwell going one better and chucking out the entire membership.
Latest Forum Posts