Non-motoring > Gas lantern mantle question. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 8

Gas lantern mantle question. - Rudedog
I hope there are a few campers on here who may be able to help.

I've just bought a new mini gas lantern at a very good price for a lightweight piece of equipment, but there are no instructions with it, I've tried to check out You Tube but all of the 'How to' videos don't show the problem I have. Because it has a piezo ignition I need to know exactly how to mount the gas mantle, does the metal prong where the spark jumps from stay on the outside of the mantle or does the mantle cover the prong so the spark can jump straight to the central burner? (I hope that makes sense). I'm swaying towards the second option but I don't want to waste a mantle after burning it in. The gas lantern is made by Fire-Maple (FML-601).
 Gas lantern mantle question. - bathtub tom
lmgtfy.com/?q=FML-601
 Gas lantern mantle question. - Telb
I'd say on the outside of the mantle. That's where you light the gas on a less sophisticated lantern.
Thank you BT, but I've looked and looked and can't find how to mount the mantle for this lantern that's the reason I asked on here. Many of the instructions just show you how to connect the gas bottle and that's it, nothing more, unless there was a link there I didn't see to the solution of my problem?
 Gas lantern mantle question. - Bromptonaut
The burner/mantle set up looks like a knock off of Camping Gaz products. Maybe instructions for Lumostar or similar would give clues?

Mine's stowed in loft so not easily accessible. If question's not answered in 24hrs I'll see if I can dig it out.
 Gas lantern mantle question. - bathtub tom
>>Thank you BT, but I've looked and looked and can't find how to mount the mantle for this lantern

Have you watched the Japanese youtube video all the way through? I thought it was pretty clear.
 Gas lantern mantle question. - Fullchat
And if you turn up the volume his instructions are very precise :)
Sorry BT I didn't even give the non-English video a view, so from what I can see the igniter sits outside the mantle.
 Gas lantern mantle question. - Slidingpillar
On a lamp with a mantle, the gas/paraffin/petrol burns at the mantle. Setting fire earlier will destroy the mantle I think.

My gas lamp is lit with a match.
Latest Forum Posts