Non-motoring > Shaver issue Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Skip Replies: 5

Shaver issue - Skip
I have used Philips 3 head electric shavers for over 35 years now and never had an issue, however with the latest one which is about 4 months old now the shaving head stinks. I always rinse it under the hot tap after use, as I have with the previous ones and have never had this problem before. What can I wash/soak the head in which will get it smelling sweet again without damaging the cutters ?
 Shaver issue - No FM2R
Alcohol?

Mind you, I think a bit of dismantling and investigation might be in order. I love dismantling. I've never achieved quite the same prowess at mantling though.
 Shaver issue - Haywain
Delicate issue this, but which bits have you been shaving? ;-)
 Shaver issue - No FM2R
keyboard, morning coffee, git.
 Shaver issue - devonite
Milton Sterilizing fluid (same as used for babies bottles) available from most Chemists.
 Shaver issue - bathtub tom
I take mine apart every month or so. It's simple,twist the little twirly bit in the centre of the 3 heads and remove the plastic retainer. The heads drop out with their cutters. I find the groove in the middle of the circumference of the cutter gets full of gunge, as do the corners of the heads. Rinsing doesn't remove it. Perhaps that's the source of your pong?

I returned to a rotary head shaver a couple of years ago after recommendations here. I still prefer a foil head.
Latest Forum Posts