Non-motoring > One of our Zeros is missing Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Robin O'Reliant Replies: 129

One of our Zeros is missing - Robin O'Reliant
Where's the lad gone, or have I missed a flounce? Last visited 19th April.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Bromptonaut
No obvious leaving speech but his last exchange and final post seem to suggest a degree of dissatisfaction.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Alanovich
Is he dead yet?

(live by the sword, etc)
>> Is he dead yet?
>>
>> (live by the sword, etc)

ROFLOL

You owe me a keyboard Al - mines heavily contaminated with spit out tea!!
 One of our Zeros is missing - Runfer D'Hills
Zero?

Means nothing to me.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Dog
I reckon he could well have 'got away' as they say in Ireland.

He was getting on a bit, and overweight.

He lived on a diet consisting mainly of burgers and gin.

The only sexercise he took was walking up & down railway station platforms waiting for steamers.

RIP
 One of our Zeros is missing - Slidingpillar
He posted a train video on the 4th of this month.
 One of our Zeros is missing - No FM2R
I miss the annoying, irritating git.
>>I miss the annoying, irritating git.

I'm with ^this^ Gentileman.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Crankcase
Mea culpa I expect.

I thought we had agreed that where there was fault then Dave was to be blamed?
 One of our Zeros is missing - Armel Coussine
I hope he's just on holiday and taking a rest. He's worse than annoying - perfectly capable of being nasty for not much reason - but nearly always intelligent and seldom badly wrong on important issues. Also very funny from time to time.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Stuu
I shall have to leave at some point but not yet, I havent decided whether to flounce or just melt into the background. Choices, choices.
>>I shall have to leave at some point but not yet,

Why?
Politics dear boy.
Don't be daft.

Just be careful what subjects you join in on, what comments you pass and be clear about your position.

Or are you saying that politicians can no longer be part of the real world because the electorate causes trouble over it? (which is part of my concern about politicians)
Politics takes up a great deal of time, I have responsibilities within the party which will only grow as we get closer to general election season. If I win I shall come back for a victory lap :-)

I think that having a break from the internet forums is quite liberating, one gets far too involved sometimes.
 One of our Zeros is missing - BobbyG
No offence to old Zero but I think there has been more threads on C4P relating to Zero and others disappearing at various stages than there has been winter tyres!!

People come and go, they are allowed to. Concentrating on specific people makes the forum elitist.

I would guess as the lighter nights come in, and we all have more to do with our time, the forum probably naturally takes a dip at this time of the year.

anyway all seasons or full winters??????......
 One of our Zeros is missing - Clk Sec
He's on holiday.
 One of our Zeros is missing - MD
More importantly.
Where's GB?
On the UKIP thread?
Is he?
Confusing, isn't it?
If he is then its *very* confusing.

But I think I'd recognise his style if he was there.
I think we would notice if he was about, he has very clear views. Keep meaning to door knock him with me UKIP rosette :-)
We all flounce from time to time, but I never really understood what GB flounced about.

Does anyone know?
>> We all flounce from time to time, but I never really understood what GB flounced
>> about.
>>
>> Does anyone know?

A row with Zero over UKIP.

Politically GB makes Roger Helmer look like a moderate lefty but he had a lot of informative stuff to say about motors and particularly LPG conversions.
Really? Leave a discussion forum because of a discussion?

Doesn't really sound like GB though, never struck me as the type to get intimidated.
>>Doesn't really sound like GB though, never struck me as the type to get intimidated<<

He isnt, but having met the bloke I can confirm he likely has a long list of things he would rather do than engage in extended 'discussions' about politics.

If I hadnt been talked into what I am doing, I prob wouldnt either and would instead start a thread about my next car...
 One of our Zeros is missing - MD
>> Really? Leave a discussion forum because of a discussion?
>>
>> Doesn't really sound like GB though, never struck me as the type to get intimidated.
>>
Me neither. I miss his input. V. Knowledgeable Guy. Well I presume 'he' was a Guy:-)
 One of our Zeros is missing - Kevin
>Politically GB makes Roger Helmer look like a moderate lefty..

Does absolutely everything in your life revolve around politics Bromp?
 One of our Zeros is missing - Roger.
Well - he was a civil servant :-)
>> Does absolutely everything in your life revolve around politics Bromp?

FFS. I simply meant I found myself on opposite side to him in this bit of forum As did Zeddo, hence the long argument and enflouncement.
 One of our Zeros is missing - WillDeBeest
Besides, politics is life. There are far worse things he could be doing - caravanning, for example.
=>There are far worse things he could be doing - caravanning, for example.

I'm wiv ^this^ Giza!
>>Does absolutely everything in your life revolve around politics Bromp?

When the answer to my question was that there was an argument about politics, I don't really see how Bromp could answer it without involving said politics.

One of our Zeros is missing - Stuartli
>> I hope he's just on holiday and taking a rest. He's worse than annoying - perfectly capable of being nasty for not much reason - but nearly always intelligent and seldom badly wrong on important issues. Also very funny from time to time. >>

Every forum should have one - and usually does...:-)
 One of our Zeros is missing - Meldrew
Missing but not missed 20 + posts on 19th April and then nothing
Last edited by: Meldrew on Thu 8 May 14 at 19:39
 One of our Zeros is missing - CGNorwich
Not by you perhaps, but I doubt that there will be a thread wondering what happened to you should you choose to disappear.

Last edited by: CGNorwich on Thu 8 May 14 at 19:42
C4P is just a little less interesting without him, in my opinion.
henry k hasn't bought a round since Thu 27 Mar 2014.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Fullchat
And Rats has been quiet since his taxi door thread :S
 One of our Zeros is missing - henry k
>> henry k hasn't bought a round since Thu 27 Mar 2014.
>>
I did not think anyone would notice.

1. I needed a break as I was a little fed up with some responses etc.
2. Lot more going on generally in the household
3.Still adapting to SWMBO's POCD
4. I am still in charge of cooking etc ( I am not house trained)

Hopefully by the start of next month a few things will be resolved.
( nothing drastic but absorbing more of my time)
My Father had POCD. It was rather distressing to deal with, certainly for my Mother. It came as a complete shock to us all.

Best wishes, I do hope stuff is heading in the right direction.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Duncan
Hi henry. Sorry to hear you have been having problems. I had noticed you hadn't been around for a while.

What's POCD? Wiki gives a number of alternatives.

As I think you know, I live not far from you, if you want any errands run, let me know.
Thanks No FM2R and thanks Duncan.

I had not realised that there were alternative POCDs.
For urgent clarification...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postoperative_cognitive_dysfunction.

Over 60 and a heart op ticks the wrong boxes for SWMBO.
The op was amazing. A single "small" bypass and a new valve.
Op was early Tue and she was ready to be discharged Fri morning.
Only dressing was two inches on an ankle where vein was harvested.
Only pain killers needed were Solpedeine ( for someone with a low pain threshold)

POCD. Short and very short term memory loss.
I have to learn to to adapt as in some cases the same question, story, statement is repeated just a few seconds later. Does not happen all the time but I must stay alert to the situation and not respond negatively and just act as it is a new event. long term memory seems to be OK
I have to monitor things a bit more else things get missed and avoid arguing as SWMBO believes she is right and I have to work round the situation.

I should have shares in Postit notes.
We think things are still slowly improving ( eight months since op) so fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear that Henry, good luck to you both and well done for the way you support Mrs K and cope with the situation.
>>We think things are still slowly improving

After 18months the effects upon my Father had all but disappeared. But it did take 18months.
>> >>We think things are still slowly improving
>>
>> After 18months the effects upon my Father had all but disappeared. But it did take
>> 18months.
>>
Thanks for the details your personal experience.
Oft quoted a years so that is encouraging info.
SWMBO is getting more involved in daily event so I have to adapt and ease back on what I do.

There is a push for power walking etc but one size fits all approach does not recognise properly that SWMBO has never done any athletic type activities ( due to Stills disease or as now called Juvenile arthritis very early in life) .
I guess it is difficult for a physio to understand and accept that a person has NEVER in effect experienced sustained exercise that knackers you.
Ho hum back to my roles! :-)
>>difficult for a physio to understand

It is. But don't forget that a physio's normal challenge is dealing with people who cannot, will not, or do not want to exercise their body or people who wish to but are scared or feel that they cannot.

So take their advice, listen to what they are saying, and then factor it to the level that you think is appropriate. If you have the right mindset and desire, then you'll probably be fine.

Just remember that from your point of view it is healthier to have someone else pushing your wife, rather than you. And pushing to some degree may well be needed.

Its another role for you, that of compromise maker and balance keeper.

Our experience with my Father was that it did not seem to improve smoothly. It was more three steps forward and then two back. If you're not careful this can become a cycle of unrealistic optimism and unneeded pessimism.

When we consciously tried to look back 6 months, we could see the real improvements. But looking back a week or two was false.

I realise that's just one experience, but its all I've got! (don't want another!)

Best just to be philosophical and take it as it comes. And I *KNOW how easy that is to say, and how difficult it is to do.

Don't forget to look after yourself.
Probably not! Am I bothered, one way or the other?
Last edited by: Meldrew on Fri 9 May 14 at 16:17
Bothered enough to write a note about it, so I'd guess you were.

Kwell dommidge.
Polite enough to reply to a comment, one way or the other. New balls, your service!
Last edited by: Meldrew on Fri 9 May 14 at 17:10
>>Missing but not missed

What a silly and mean-spirited thing to say.
I don't presume to speak for others, I express my personal opinions.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Stuartli
>> Missing but not missed (((20 + posts on 19th April and then nothing)))>>

Please don't tell me you actually mean that........
 One of our Zeros is missing - Pat
Not very nice, was it?

I miss him, I'm not used to everyone being so polite to me!

Pat
Can I help?
 One of our Zeros is missing - Manatee
>> Can I help?

You will, Oscar, you will.
Not really Mark, there is a difference between you and Z.

He has the ability to argue on my level and we can have a right goods set to. Say what you have to say, don't pull any punches and forget it all when it's over. That's my kind of spat!

You, on the other hand, try and baffle me with technicalities, need answers that take more time to type than I have spare and I never actually see a bit of myself in you like I do in Zero!

...But you'll do in the meantime:)

Pat
 One of our Zeros is missing - VxFan
>> I thought we had agreed that where there was fault then Dave was to be blamed?

Damn, I thought no one would notice he was missing. Does that mean I have to untie and release him from the shed down the bottom of the garden?
Joking apart, he's still actively uploading clips to his youtube page, so he's still alive and kicking.

www.youtube.com/user/MrKnowwun/videos

Last edited by: VxFan on Thu 8 May 14 at 21:20
 One of our Zeros is missing - Slidingpillar
And I said so at 1639...
>> And I said so at 1639...

I backed it up with a link though ;)
I reckon it went something like this...

'Now if I can lean out just a bit further over the edge of the platform I'll get great footage of the Upminster Flyer head on as she comes round the....Oh S...!!!!!!'
 One of our Zeros is missing - Roger.
Perhaps he went on a Kamikaze mission?
Splash one Zero - Kerboom!
Last edited by: Roger. on Thu 8 May 14 at 23:54
 One of our Zeros is missing - DP
The fact that his absence has been noted I think says a lot

But it's a free world. At least it wasn't a big public flounce, which would have lost any of the somewhat grudging respect I find myself having for the antagonistic but infuriatingly often correct so-and-so..

One of our Zeros is missing - commerdriver
He'll be back when he feels like it, meantime his train vids are some of the best of their kind on youtube. He's a lot less irritating than some on this forum.
 One of our Zeros is missing - FocalPoint
"He's a lot less irritating than some on this forum."

Ouch...
 One of our Zeros is missing - ToMoCo
Good post DP.

I hope he comes back at some point. Knowledgeable and entertaining.

It's a blow to a forum like this when any prominent poster leaves.

I don't post much myself, but have a read most days, and with less to read....well? the site will get less traffic.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Boxsterboy
Nicole probably took his computer away for being a very naughty boy.
He's probably wrapped Nicole's auto Fiesta around a tree and doesn't want to lose (or loose as he would say) face.
He's probably wrapped Nicole's auto Fiesta around a tree...

More likely reversed it through a shop window. Apparently, past a certain age it's difficult to adapt to driving an automatic.
[chortle]
 One of our Zeros is missing - Cliff Pope
He's trying to think of a witty yet crushing put-down to signal his return, but has got writer's block.
It's especially humiliating to one who lives by the quick-draw rapier, and every hour that goes by as he sits despondent and inspration-less at his keyboard raises his temper and frustration.

There was a famous wit whose name I've forgotten who was keen to say something memorable as his last words. Frantically he racked his brains as death approached, until in desperation his last words were a despairing "Tell them I said something".
>>his last words were a despairing "Tell them I said something".

Pancho Villa according to: www.quotationspage.com/quote/14466.html
 One of our Zeros is missing - Cliff Pope
Thanks.
Spoils the story though, knowing it wasn't funny after all.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Mike Hannon
For reasons with which I will not bore you I am now on a salt-free diet.
This forum without Z is a similar experience.
Sweeter?
 One of our Zeros is missing - smokie
Healthier? Surely not!
 One of our Zeros is missing - Mike Hannon
Not much in the way of flavour...
 One of our Zeros is missing - Dave_
>> I thought we had agreed that where there was fault then Dave was to be blamed?

Wasn't me...
"...I am now on a salt-free diet.
This forum without Z is a similar experience."

Less salacious?

>> Less salacious?

Nah... that's BBD.
AC, it was a (rather heavy-going) joke. Check the derivation of the word "salacious".
Worked for me, FP.
 One of our Zeros is missing - movilogo
A forum to be useful, one needs views from all sides. You can get a better perspective when you mingle with people who are not like you.

People in this forum very decent in general. Since we are not getting new posters here regularly, departure of any regular member is a loss for the forum.

>> Worked for me, FP.

One doesn't get jokes every single time although I like to think I usually do. 'Lustful, lecherous, etc.' still seems to suggest BBD rather than Zero. Whether the rarer meaning of 'tending to provoke lust' applies to either of them is not for me to say.
 One of our Zeros is missing - CGNorwich
I think hew was referring to a possible derivation of the word salacious from the latin for salt but that derivations looks dubious.
>> possible derivation of the word salacious from the latin for salt but that derivations looks dubious.

Even makes a sort of sense, but barely mentioned in the SOD. Really really barely.
Salacious hunts back to the Latin verb for "to leap" or "to jump", does it not.

So perhaps "known to leap a lot"? Or a jumpy sort of person, prone to sudden bouts of jumping.

Still makes no sense to me though.
Last edited by: No FM2R on Sun 11 May 14 at 23:49
Wouldn't that be 'saltacious' - or probably 'saltatious' - (from 'saltare')?
Last edited by: WillDeBeest on Mon 12 May 14 at 08:00
Ah - Chambers and Oxford both agree with NFM, only from salire ('leap') rather than saltare ('jump' / 'dance').
Talking of missing a flounce, has Uncle Albert (other names are available) left?
I'd actually quite like to flounce for a bit. Trouble is no one has upset me sufficiently yet. Would someone mind awfully insulting me or something please?

It's not that I don't find internet chat interesting, in fact it's quite the opposite, it's rather addictive actually. Robs a lot of time from 'real life'. So if you could just spare a minute...

;-)
 One of our Zeros is missing - ToMoCo
hmmnn...let me think, how do you insult a taxi driver?
Tell him 'it's not fare' ?
>> How do you insult a taxi driver?

By telling him - and I mean telling him, not just a tentative suggestion - that the scenic route he's on is just taking the mickey, and he'd better let you direct him.

That always sends the toerags into a towering self-righteous rage. Have you done the Knowledge, they want to know? Well, no. You just know the way, which they obviously don't.
I don't know if Humph will see this as an insult, but I thought his anecdote about the ethically-produced shoes costing twice as much as shoes carved from the screaming animal's tenderest parts without pre-stunning had an air of urban myth about it.

Will this do Humph?

:o}
Meh, not really bothered by that one. Thanks awfully for trying though.
You sound just like Zero.
Yeah keep going, that might do it...
You sound just like Zero.

On purpose.
Your trouble Humph is that you aren't boring and sanctimonious enough to pass muster here. You don't explain again and again in eye-watering detail why it is irresponsible to drive through tight gaps at 150mph. You don't boast about your car's performance or fuel consumption or faff about its pollen filter. You just coast about flogging sheepskin pampooties out of the boot of your Mercedes. Your demeanour is unfailingly courteous.

Civilised prat.

Is that any better?
Sorry guys, just can't quite care. Good of you to offer your assistance though.
Well you'll just have to flounce *into* the forum then, rather than out of it, sorry.
 One of our Zeros is missing - legacylad
How many boxes of Crocs can you cram in a LEC?
Assuming they are boxed to start with
At least one hackle twitching there LL, good effort.
Are you wearing your yellow chinos today?
Look, that's not bad either but really not long term sulk material.
I think of him as a discreet wearer of multicoloured speedos, with Pacific island tattoos on the thin white shanks. And wraparound orange mirror shades. One of those streamlined helmets.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Mon 12 May 14 at 17:50
Yeah, and your point is?

;-)
So how are things at Primark these days, Runfer?
Close, really close...
 One of our Zeros is missing - BobbyG
Humph, you're English, aren't you??
The Scottish hope he is.
Bobby wins !
 One of our Zeros is missing - NortonES2
"Humph, you're English, aren't you??"

No. Just wishes he was:)
Last edited by: NortonES2 on Mon 12 May 14 at 19:19
Too late, Bobby aced it.
 One of our Zeros is missing - legacylad
I know I lost but methinks Runfer still wears blue Crocs with a white Saltire when he visits Ayia Napa
>> Talking of missing a flounce, has Uncle Albert (other names are available) left?

Last posted 2nd April, Last visited Wed 30 Apr 2014

www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=16847&m=376901

L'escargot has slithered off again too.
And Rattle hasn't been around for a while either.
 One of our Zeros is missing - Ted

I think Rats is off on his travels again. He has been on Faecesbook quite a bit.

Look at the earliest pages on 'Introduce Yourself ' and see the length of time some folk have been lost to us. Members who you think you heard from yesterday have been gone 3 yrs...in some cases !
 One of our Zeros is missing - Duncan
henry k?
>> Last posted 2nd April, Last visited Wed 30 Apr 2014
>>
>> www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=16847&m=376901

That looks like a proper walkout in style of GB including changing user name to a single character.

There is of course a link between those flounces........

>> L'escargot has slithered off again too.
>>
 One of our Zeros is missing - sooty123
I never understand all this flouncing business.
>>There is of course a link between those flounces........ <<

Which is?

Pat
 One of our Zeros is missing - sooty123
>> >>There is of course a link between those flounces........ <<
>>
>> Which is?
>>

Politics?
>> >> >>There is of course a link between those flounces........ <<
>> >>
>> >> Which is?
>> >>
>>
>> Politics?

No. one was but not other.

Link was Zero.
Just chanced on his profile and seems he had a nosy round on 04 June - not been in previously since April.
Latest Forum Posts