Non-motoring > Bunch of fairies Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 14

Bunch of fairies - Armel Coussine
On the BBC news channel earlier I saw an item about a rat in a New York subway carriage. There was some telephone footage of good quality.

The people in the carriage were screaming and lifting their feet off the floor as the quite small rat ran up and down in terror.

Many of the screams, and many of the feet jumping up on the seats, were male.

Hell's bells, what is the world coming to? I can see that doing the obvious thing and giving the rat a hefty kick, or stomping on it, might result in censure from animal lovers. But restraint is one thing, shrieking and pulling up your skirt is another. Will these people be able to defend us against the Russians, Islamists and so on? Me don't tink so.

Bunch of fairies - CGNorwich
Stopped at Birchanger Services on the A11 last week and sat in my car in the car park watching a colony of rats foraging in the litter on the adjacent piece of grass. They are really quite entertaining creatures.
 Bunch of fairies - Mike Hannon
My pal had a pair of pet rats years ago - Ferocious Fred and Fearless Frederica. They were actually very tame, highly intelligent and most rewarding company.
Years ago I had a drink with my eldest daughter who brought a friend, another young woman. The friend had about her person a charming white rat called Henry, dyed a fetching shade of turquoise. It sat politely on the table eating peanuts.

When the bar staff spotted it though we were all chucked out.

>> When the bar staff spotted it though we were all chucked out.

Henry's behaviour was impeccable, he didn't even crap. His owner even offered to put him back inside her dress where he lived apparently. But it was no go. The manager was citing the 'no rats' rule. Or perhaps it was his dye job, no turquoise rats, something like that. Who can divine the inner workings of capitalism?

I've never even considered going into that pub since. Just as well there are lots of pubs in London I sometimes think.
 Bunch of fairies - CGNorwich
Rattism is a growing trend I'm afraid. Try booking a table at a decent restaurant and say you're bringing your rat. Most are happy to have one or two in the kitchens though, they just don't like them front of house. Blatant discrimination.

Is it 'cos they are black?
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Sat 12 Apr 14 at 00:21
>> Try booking a table at a decent restaurant and say you're bringing your rat.

As any fule kno if you can book a table at a decent restaurant you can afford a rat-sitter.

>> Is it 'cos they are black?

No, it isn't because they is black, it's because they is turquoise, a'right?
 Bunch of fairies - Focusless
The BBC report and footage:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-26963256
Thanks Focusless, just as I remember it. I had forgotten though that the commentary described the animal as a 'large rat'. It didn't look large by Mediterranean standards, not to me.

However I have noticed that women tend to describe quite small mice as 'enormous rats' when they have come across them suddenly. It's as if they had built-in telescopic sights that click into 10x mode when trained on small grey furry things.

Bunch of fairies - Westpig
>> It's as if they had built-in telescopic sights
>> that click into 10x mode when trained on small grey furry things.

Shame it doesn't apply to other areas of life, eh.
 Bunch of fairies - Slidingpillar
Careful... Your hat and coat are hanging here!
:o)
 Bunch of fairies - legacylad
Make nice pets. In a previous life I sold Fancy Rats. And other things (of course).
A shame but they are susceptible to tumours.
 Bunch of fairies - zookeeper
my two have tumours 9 times out of 10 benign... thats why the labs love them , they have to go to the vets ...very reasonable prices too 45 quid a pop with internal suturing , that way they dont chew themselves open..
 Bunch of fairies - Zero
>> Make nice pets. In a previous life I sold Fancy Rats. And other things (of
>> course).
>> A shame but they are susceptible to tumours.

They make exceptional pets, very bright very trainable

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A07gDVLe14
 Bunch of fairies - Cliff Pope
>> Will these people be able to defend us against the Russians, Islamists and
>> so on? Me don't tink so.
>>

Perhaps it's the modern dumbed-down version of the 30s "King and country" debate, so disastrously misinterpreted by Hitler?
Latest Forum Posts