Non-motoring > NOT an infestation of Ants Miscellaneous
Thread Author: borasport Replies: 12

NOT an infestation of Ants - borasport
Would that it were, as it would be easy to find, and 'er indoors would sanction the use of weapons banned under the Geneva Convention and SALT talks
But what we had a few weeks ago were perhaps as many as a dozen a day in the kitchen, but with none at all some days. Deep cleaned all the food cupboards and found some evidence they new where the honey jar was, and that's gone . But we still see the odd one or two - we were sat watching TV on sunday and there was one crawling across the carpet, the same on monday (and I can assure you it wasn't the same one :-)).
Tonight, one one the work surface in the Kitchen, one on the toilet bowl in the downstairs loo.
Any idea of how to track and get rid, 'cos if she stumbles across one on the toilet seat when she's half awake getting up for an early shift, I reckon I'll get a rude awakening
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Armel Coussine
If I understand you correctly, you are wondering how to eliminate the possibility of the odd ant wandering into your gaff?

Why bother?

'getting up for an early shift'... I love it.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - MD
Beat me to it you Swine......:)
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Zero
Tell the wife she is lucky she is not fighting off the cockroaches and poisonous spiders.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - bathtub tom
A neighbour spoke of what appeared to be flying ants today - weird.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Lygonos
Flying ants are how colonies spread and start afresh.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - bathtub tom
>> Flying ants are how colonies spread and start afresh.

Usually around July/August/September time, depending on temperature and humidity, IME.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Bromptonaut
>> A neighbour spoke of what appeared to be flying ants today - weird.

Eh, ants fly in late July/early August. Like bee swarms it's behaviour associated with breeding and establishing new nests/colonies.

Midges would be flying/feeding today though.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Lygonos
Usually July up here - thought perhaps in warmer parts would be a bit earlier
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Manatee
Best thing is bait stations, because you don't need to know where they live. It takes a week or two, but they will disappear.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - No FM2R
Ant control is a campaign, not a battle, as Manatee suggests.

Bait stations most of the year is about the only way of approaching the subject. Although maximum disruption to the flying ant period also helps.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - VxFan
Is it me or is the ant invasion early this year?

The little blighters have started trashing my lawn already.
 NOT an infestation of Ants - Cliff Pope
>>
>>
>> The little blighters .
>>

Somewhere in the size spectrum between an ant and AC's rat in the New York subway train there must be a an animal that only induces mild screaming and skirt-lifting.
Latest Forum Posts